Ways to get a vaccine earlier?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:56:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Ways to get a vaccine earlier?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ways to get a vaccine earlier?  (Read 981 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 04, 2021, 11:48:18 PM »

Any tips on how to get vaccinated earlier than your genocidal governor says you will? Whether it be camping by pharmacies for extras, sticking random needles in your arm, whatever...
Have you heard of any ways to get it early?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 12:05:07 AM »

be in a high risk group or wait your turn like a human being, those are the options

edit-other options are:being a politician, being a donor to politicians, hospital administrators, public (but not private) school teachers
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 12:10:02 AM »

Depending on how facilities are operating in your area, volunteer at a vaccination site & try to sign-up for the last shift of the day. They'll (probably) have brought the exact number of vaccines on-sight as there are appointments scheduled, but not everybody is guaranteed to show up for their scheduled appointment, so at the end of the day, they might have a few doses leftover to give to the staff/volunteers since they'd already be thawed-out for too long to be put back into storage. Granted, there's no guarantee that they'll have enough leftover doses to get to you, but generally speaking, most sites tend to have at least a few extra doses leftover at the end of the day, so it might be worth a shot.

Also, your vaccination site having an extra volunteer on-board to help out would be an added bonus, so it's an all-around potential win-win for everybody.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 12:14:38 AM »

Some areas have waitlists where they will call you if there are extra vaccines at the end of the day that would go to waste if they cannot give it to someone that day.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 12:19:08 AM »

Some areas have waitlists where they will call you if there are extra vaccines at the end of the day that would go to waste if they cannot give it to someone that day.

Yeah, that's a reason I made clear about it "depending on how facilities are operating in your area." Another such reason might be that some vaccination sites might not even have a need for volunteers in the first place. Really, it all just depends on what's going on at your area's vaccination sites.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 12:28:50 AM »

Get a job at a hospital that you have to physically show up for — think dishwasher or laundry.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2021, 12:29:09 AM »

You're low-risk. Wait your turn like the rest of us.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2021, 01:07:29 AM »
« Edited: February 05, 2021, 01:12:53 AM by Forumlurker161 »

Right, but political staffers and the same teachers in our school who push all of us into the back half of the room so they are marginally safer are suuuper high risk, even more so than my obese mother with hypertension according to Polis. Shut up with your stupid Mr. Moral (blind faith) shtick.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2021, 01:23:08 AM »

Right, but political staffers and the same teachers in our school who push all of us into the back half of the room so they are marginally safer are suuuper high risk, even more so than my obese mother with hypertension according to Polis. Shut up with your stupid Mr. Moral (blind faith) shtick.

I'm not saying that vaccine rollout is perfect, but I am saying that with the limited doses we have, the only reasonable and ethical choice we have is to prioritize seniors first. Young adults and teenagers just aren't likely to die from this. I would not feel right knowing I was taking a higher-risk person's shot.
The Houstonian
alexk2796
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.87

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2021, 01:26:22 AM »

be in a high risk group or wait your turn like a human being, those are the options

edit-other options are:being a politician, being a donor to politicians, hospital administrators, public (but not private) school teachers

I doubt any Atlas posters have that much clout. Posting on Atlas all day does not help in this regard.

Depending on how facilities are operating in your area, volunteer at a vaccination site & try to sign-up for the last shift of the day. They'll (probably) have brought the exact number of vaccines on-sight as there are appointments scheduled, but not everybody is guaranteed to show up for their scheduled appointment, so at the end of the day, they might have a few doses leftover to give to the staff/volunteers since they'd already be thawed-out for too long to be put back into storage. Granted, there's no guarantee that they'll have enough leftover doses to get to you, but generally speaking, most sites tend to have at least a few extra doses leftover at the end of the day, so it might be worth a shot.

Also, your vaccination site having an extra volunteer on-board to help out would be an added bonus, so it's an all-around potential win-win for everybody.

I did this. Thanks for the advice.

How do I get on one of these waitlists?
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2021, 03:34:54 AM »
« Edited: February 05, 2021, 03:50:03 AM by Alcibiades »

If you actually care about reducing deaths from the pandemic, you should wait your turn so that you’re not taking it from someone who is much more likely to get seriously ill from Covid. I understand your mother might be at higher risk, but as Blairite said, the best way to ensure everyone’s safety is to wait your turn - who knows, if you jumped the queue, you might be taking a jab that was otherwise destined for her arm.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2021, 11:35:48 AM »
« Edited: February 05, 2021, 12:13:20 PM by Forumlurker161 »

If you actually care about reducing deaths from the pandemic, you should wait your turn so that you’re not taking it from someone who is much more likely to get seriously ill from Covid. I understand your mother might be at higher risk, but as Blairite said, the best way to ensure everyone’s safety is to wait your turn - who knows, if you jumped the queue, you might be taking a jab that was otherwise destined for her arm.
Right, the late 20s teacher is super high risk.

I want to prioritize seniors first...but teachers are an entirely different story. Especially when they are above people like my mother.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2021, 12:36:25 PM »

Right, the late 20s teacher is super high risk.

I want to prioritize seniors first...but teachers are an entirely different story. Especially when they are above people like my mother.

I agree, teachers shouldn’t be prioritised by mere virtue of their profession. It still doesn’t mean that you should jump the queue.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2021, 01:52:58 PM »

Give Gavin Newsom $1,000,000 to fight his recall vote.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2021, 02:51:18 PM »

Give Gavin Newsom $1,000,000 to fight his recall vote.
I think you can change that to “donate a lot to any governor anywhere”
Rosethecommie
Rookie
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2021, 10:37:43 PM »

Damn I wish I knew. I think you just have to wait like a reasonable adult though Terrified
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2021, 12:20:48 PM »

You know what?
I think I should clarify that neither me or my mother are exactly “low risk” and that in several states we already would have been eligible for our vaccine. My mother is obese and has hypertension, the fact she can’t get a vaccine and yet a healthy 20 year old school teacher/worker can is ridiculous by all means.
As for me, I have bad epilepsy. I know that if I get sick, it is extremely likely (almost guaranteed lmao) I will get seizures. Being sick does decrease the threshold for seizures which is sadly already low in me.
I still have to go to a crowded school that is unsafe for all teachers apparently enough for them to get a vaccine, but somehow students like me who would be eligible in many places are super safe.

If we lived in a different state...either one or both of us would be eligible for a vaccine. This isn’t necessarily the case of a perfectly healthy young adult with no issues who goes out a lot trying to skip the line so he can party, so shut the f**k up about the “oohhhhh be a reasonable adult sooo hard!”

You can argue we should wait, that’s fine, I understand vaccine supplies are limited, but cut the damn snark until you actually know the circumstances of the situation. I didn’t want to say these things because I’m not trying to throw some pity party or some crap, but I feel it is necessary since this context seems to be missing.
The Houstonian
alexk2796
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2021, 11:24:05 PM »

You know what?
I think I should clarify that neither me or my mother are exactly “low risk” and that in several states we already would have been eligible for our vaccine. My mother is obese and has hypertension, the fact she can’t get a vaccine and yet a healthy 20 year old school teacher/worker can is ridiculous by all means.
As for me, I have bad epilepsy. I know that if I get sick, it is extremely likely (almost guaranteed lmao) I will get seizures. Being sick does decrease the threshold for seizures which is sadly already low in me.
I still have to go to a crowded school that is unsafe for all teachers apparently enough for them to get a vaccine, but somehow students like me who would be eligible in many places are super safe.

If we lived in a different state...either one or both of us would be eligible for a vaccine. This isn’t necessarily the case of a perfectly healthy young adult with no issues who goes out a lot trying to skip the line so he can party, so shut the f**k up about the “oohhhhh be a reasonable adult sooo hard!”

You can argue we should wait, that’s fine, I understand vaccine supplies are limited, but cut the damn snark until you actually know the circumstances of the situation. I didn’t want to say these things because I’m not trying to throw some pity party or some crap, but I feel it is necessary since this context seems to be missing.

No no no, you don't understand. The virus infects teachers first in some states, and people with epilepsy and diabetes in other states. You should be just fine.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2021, 08:42:33 PM »

Be in the military.

Just got my final dose today. I am invincible.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2021, 05:03:33 PM »

Gain fifty pounds. Immediately
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2021, 05:42:51 PM »

Wait your turn
The Houstonian
alexk2796
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2021, 07:34:42 PM »

That wasn't the question.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2021, 09:57:17 PM »

Apply for a job at your local grocery store or restaurant.
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2021, 11:07:30 PM »

Depends on the state. In Indiana, grocery workers still can't get the vaccine. Only healthcare workers and people 65+ can.
Source: Grocery worker since May 7, 2019
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2021, 11:22:47 PM »

Depends on the state. In Indiana, grocery workers still can't get the vaccine. Only healthcare workers and people 65+ can.
Source: Grocery worker since May 7, 2019

I know. I work in self-storage in Texas, and we should be up there with those guys. Yet we're not eligible.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies