Texas 2022 megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:17:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Texas 2022 megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Current gubernatorial rating?
Safe R

Likely R

Lean R

Tossup/tilt R

Tossup/tilt D

Lean D

Likely D

Safe D

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 245

Author Topic: Texas 2022 megathread  (Read 63392 times)
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: February 18, 2021, 09:00:59 PM »

I'm just praying Alex Jones will run as a primary challenge to Abbott. A man can dream...
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 08:22:24 PM »

Matthew McConaughey doesn't seem interested in running as a Democrat, let alone endorsing Beto or trying to build up the Democratic party in Texas. He has really held the line on being a moderate, and frankly seems more inclined toward a lot of conservative positions.

He's been a major Hollywood actor since 1996, and has never come out as a Democrat or liberal despite it being just about the easiest industry to do that in. That should tell you something.
Like I predicted earlier, if he runs it'll be as an independent.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2021, 07:43:39 AM »

Prepare for a new description for him on wikipedia... "Beto O'Rourke - perennial candidate, former Representative".
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 03:41:14 AM »

Ugh, what's the short version why Abbott receives multiple stiff challenges? It's not that the mode is suspicious of being not far-right enough.
He's viewed by many in Texas (not enough to lose a primary) as not anti-lockdown enough and not far-right enough.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2022, 06:16:30 PM »

With another major winter storm on the horizon, though will very likely NOT be as bad as last year's, this will provide a major test for Abbott's leadership.

While power stuff may have improved since last year, it's not guaranteed that this winter storm will be without its power issues, which could cause another slip in the polls for Abbott, possibly even some to the point where he's losing to Beto, though I don't expect him to lose this election no matter how bad the power situation gets. He better be lucky this is a red wave year.

Plus I'll give credit to the Texas dems that they actually have something useful to run on in the power grid failures instead of just all "mUh democracy" and "mUh Blormph" and "mUh 1/6."
Could this help Huffines/West?
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2022, 08:35:59 PM »

So do you guys think Abbott will escape a runoff?
I used to think he would, but potentially low turnout could force him into one.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2022, 08:25:15 PM »

Party with the lead in Early Voting for Primaries by county as of February 16

Image Link

353,507 Texans have voted so far, 2.06% of registered Texan voters.

134,564 (38.07%) voted in the Democratic Primary
218,943 (61.93%) voted in the Republican Primary

County Flips

To Democrats: Galveston, Uvalde
To Republicans: Hays, Nueces, Jefferson
That is already a sign for much larger turnout in the Republican primary than 2018. Already a seventh of the amount of voters in the 2018 Republican party have voted in this primary.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2022, 07:05:11 PM »

Trafalgar polls just came out showing Abbott at 62% in the primary. I very highly doubt this will end in a runoff barring some huge unforeseen turnout differences.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2022, 09:25:00 AM »

Late to this thread so apologies if I’m repeating or missing something obvious, but hasn’t Paxton really underperformed? I’d kind of assumed he’d win a majority against “RINO SWAMP BUSH” etc. Yet Bush has taken him to a run off.
Bush didn't do that well, he got just a bit more than Gohmert and Guzman. The anti-Paxton vote was just split so he eked out 2nd place.
And Paxton didn't really underperform, overall with all these Mar 1 elections the results aligned up pretty well with polling.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2022, 06:53:46 AM »

Party with the lead for gubernatorial primaries by county - FINAL NUMBERS

Image Link

2,995,580 Texans voted in these primaries, 17.43% of registered Texan voters.

1,057,637 (35.31%) voted in the Democratic Primary
1,937,943 (64.69%) voted in the Republican Primary

Primary voting swing from 2018 gubernatorial primaries to 2022 gubernatorial primaries

Image Link

Turnout went up by 1.41% in the Democratic primaries and 25.11% up in the Republican primaries, as the total number of voters increased from 2.59 Million to 3.00 Million. In the 2018 primaries, the Republican primaries took up 59.8% of voters, which went up to 64.7% in 2022.

Blue for Democrats
Red for Republicans
RGV going R is a trend, not something specific to Trump, lockdowns or "disinformation" in 2020. It's here to stay.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies