Texas 2022 megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:37:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Texas 2022 megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Current gubernatorial rating?
Safe R

Likely R

Lean R

Tossup/tilt R

Tossup/tilt D

Lean D

Likely D

Safe D

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 245

Author Topic: Texas 2022 megathread  (Read 63376 times)
coloradocowboi
United States

« on: February 27, 2021, 05:44:03 PM »

Now Paxton and Patrick are a different story.

TX Dems should prioritize the LTG and AG races over this one.

In order to do this, they need someone strong at the top of the ticket though, which makes me think Beto might not be so bad of an idea.

I don't think after stormgate that this race is "unwinnable,"  but I also think Abbott probably can and will repair his reputation by then. It's Likely R for now, right between lean and safe. But what Beto could do is give us a vanity run to boost young and progressive turnout and essentially, paid entirely for by mass amounts of online money (which would force the RNC to spend here and therefore less in races the Dems can win like Georgia), thereby freeing up more state funds and resources to focus on AG and Lt. Gov., probably with much more "gun friendly" candidates.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 06:37:35 PM »

Likely R -> Safe D

Obviously kidding, but this could energize youth turnout quite a bit.

The abortion law was a huge mistake. It could be Abbott's "bathroom bill" if he's not carefull.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 11:44:07 AM »

Gregg Abbott to campaign with Nikki Haley tomorrow. We have seen a flurry of Campaign Events by Haley for various Candidates endorsed by her "Stand for America" SuperPac as of late. On this Board here Haley was all but written off for 2024 BUT if something happens to DeSantis or Trump she and her fellow South Carolinian Tim Scott maybe the best bet.

I don't get why the GOP thinks anyone actually cares about Nikki Haley.

She was a serial underperformed as gov. Her race in 2010 was even tight!

I would be happy to let the GOP nominate her though just so I could hear the “oh racism and sexism are real (but only affect republicans)” takes that will be sure to circulate after lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies