Texas 2022 megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:43:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Texas 2022 megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 44
Poll
Question: Current gubernatorial rating?
Safe R

Likely R

Lean R

Tossup/tilt R

Tossup/tilt D

Lean D

Likely D

Safe D

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 245

Author Topic: Texas 2022 megathread  (Read 63461 times)
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: November 08, 2021, 12:13:25 AM »

Not really related but before the 2020 elections (around late 2019 I think) I had a dream that Beto won the Dem nomination for president and lost to Trump in the general. Maybe the dream took place in 2024 since there was no Covid-related things or possibly it was an alternative time glitch timeline but if Beto runs for governor in 2022, the DNC could endorse him if Kamala is unpopular enough since I doubt Biden is going to run for another term, even if he's popular.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #301 on: November 08, 2021, 03:33:13 AM »

I don't think Beto's presidential campaign hurts him, per se, because...does anyone really remember anything about his presidential campaign? I certainly don't. Basically Generic D at this point.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #302 on: November 08, 2021, 03:50:20 AM »

I don't think Beto's presidential campaign hurts him, per se, because...does anyone really remember anything about his presidential campaign? I certainly don't. Basically Generic D at this point.

They'll more easily paint him as a gun grabber because of it, but it doesn't matter, safe R either way.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
« Reply #303 on: November 09, 2021, 06:47:12 PM »

Bump. I'm expecting an announcement by Thanksgiving?
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
« Reply #304 on: November 10, 2021, 02:38:51 PM »

Something else this thread missed, Ron Paul has endorsed Huffines for governor, just like his son Rand previously did.

Also, could the DGA pour more resources into Texas than Florida?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #305 on: November 10, 2021, 08:58:26 PM »

This is a questionable reading of.... another reading of the interview which is literally publicly available right now. Did you stop reading after the first half of the opening paragraph?

Actor Matthew McConaughey is apparently not interested in running for Texas governor unless he thinks the role would allow him to truly make a difference.

And it's not "according to the Houston Chronicle", there is literally a transcript of the interview available here: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/07/opinion/sway-kara-swisher-matthew-mcconaughey.html?showTranscript=1

Matthew Mcconaughey
—this is— it’s a good question. No, it’s a good question. I mean, because one side is all— everything I just said. One side of the argument is, McConaughey, exactly. That’s why you need to go get in there. The other side is, pfft, that’s a bag of rats, man. Don’t touch that with a 10 foot pole. There’s another— you have another lane. You have another category to have influence, and get done things you’d like to get done, and help how you think you can help, and even heal divides. Maybe it’s much better outside of politics.

Kara Swisher
So do not grab the bag of rats, for example?

Matthew Mcconaughey
Well, again, I’m just— I don’t— it’s part— that’s part of my measure. Is it the right time, as well? I’m not a man who comes at politics from a political background. You know, I’m— I’m more of a statesman, philosopher, folk-singing poet—

The climate had changed and he is now in a deficit situation, and the Border is out of control, so any D would be disadvantage
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #306 on: November 11, 2021, 12:15:50 AM »

Something else this thread missed, Ron Paul has endorsed Huffines for governor, just like his son Rand previously did.

Also, could the DGA pour more resources into Texas than Florida?

DeSantis isn't winning by 10 ptsAbbott wins all his races by 10 but HEGAR only lost by six these races will narrow when Election nears, I doubt Rubio and DeSantis win by 12/19 pts and Mandel isn't winning by 10 he is tied  or narrowly up by 4
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #307 on: November 12, 2021, 09:57:08 AM »

Does anyone remember him wanting to tax church a s that don't support gay marriage? LoL
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #308 on: November 12, 2021, 10:12:03 AM »

Well, Abbott and the GOP will make sure that clips of "hell yes, we take your AK-15" run all over the place, so people will quickly be reminded again. Fear has always been a powerful driver in election campaigns, and right-wingers are experts on how run with fear tactitcs.

The main obstacle for O'Rourke will for sure be that he'll run in an unfavorable environment in a state that is Lean or Likely R abseit some D-trend over the last 10 years. This race would even be an uphill battle in a 2nd Trump midterm. O'Rourke is going to lose by at least 7-8 pts, if not 10-12 pts.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #309 on: November 12, 2021, 10:21:26 AM »
« Edited: November 12, 2021, 10:28:29 AM by Mr. MANDELA BARNES »

Your pal Harris is costing Demings as well as Beto and Crist seats in TX and FL due to not securing the Border

AOC criticized Harris for going to border for being cruel and she hasn't been back since, but you ignore that
Well, Abbott and the GOP will make sure that clips of "hell yes, we take your AK-15" run all over the place, so people will quickly be reminded again. Fear has always been a powerful driver in election campaigns, and right-wingers are experts on how run with fear tactitcs.

The main obstacle for O'Rourke will for sure be that he'll run in an unfavorable environment in a state that is Lean or Likely R abseit some D-trend over the last 10 years. This race would even be an uphill battle in a 2nd Trump midterm. O'Rourke is going to lose by at least 7-8 pts, if not 10-12 pts.
Also, since Harris doesn't do well in IA Pete Buttigieg can beat her in IA, NH right out the gate and NV to seal the deal in primary

Without Biden the Minority gap won't be that big between Harris and BUTTIGIEG and Blk men in IN voted for Pete as Mayor

Buttigieg is Harris nightmare in 2028 primary

Hilarious that Demings is down by ,19 pts and she  reminds voters of Harris and no border patrol, Demings was recruit by Carville to best Rubio and S019 still think DEMING'S and Crist are gonna win.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #310 on: November 12, 2021, 02:01:12 PM »

You know, three years ago, coming off the closer than it had any right to be run against Cruz, he’d have a real shot.
Then he proceeded to burn all of his good will on a quixotic presidential run.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #311 on: November 12, 2021, 02:03:14 PM »

He should run against Cruz in 2024.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #312 on: November 12, 2021, 04:32:00 PM »

The D's have no shot at TX Gov or Sen Cruz is also considering running for Prez which puts Crenshaw as Fav to run for the Sen in 24, it's gonna be Cruz or Crenshaw in 24

The only real shot is OH with Brown, Ryan and Testér in 22 for DC Statehood and Brown and Tester 24, OH isn't totally Gone it has 28% Blk and Arab and have WC females, that's why Brown is cosigning with Ryan he wants to get reelected in 24
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #313 on: November 12, 2021, 06:22:21 PM »

You know, three years ago, coming off the closer than it had any right to be run against Cruz, he’d have a real shot.
Then he proceeded to burn all of his good will on a quixotic presidential run.

Nah, that's Espy '20 or Feingold '16 turf. 
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #314 on: November 15, 2021, 09:07:59 AM »

JMT

« Reply #315 on: November 15, 2021, 09:14:57 AM »

Here’s the announcement video:

Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #316 on: November 15, 2021, 09:31:34 AM »

Abbott will easily win over perennial candidate O'Rourke by double digits.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #317 on: November 15, 2021, 09:32:06 AM »

LET'S GOOOOOOOO
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #318 on: November 15, 2021, 09:33:34 AM »

^ BRANDON
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #319 on: November 15, 2021, 09:42:29 AM »

Robert Francis (not beta)
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #320 on: November 15, 2021, 09:52:07 AM »

I actually don't think he's the worst candidate Democrats could run (though that probably says more about their lack of better options), but a loss is pretty much inevitable given the national environment and TX's Republican lean. I think Abbott winning by less than his 2018 margin is highly likely, though.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #321 on: November 15, 2021, 09:54:55 AM »

He’s not going to win, but if he puts forward the same amount of work meeting with and registering voters like he did in 2018, it will only continue to help Democrats moving forward in Texas.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #322 on: November 15, 2021, 10:15:09 AM »

He’s not going to win, but if he puts forward the same amount of work meeting with and registering voters like he did in 2018, it will only continue to help Democrats moving forward in Texas.

This is basically the entire point, no matter what anyone says.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #323 on: November 15, 2021, 10:30:03 AM »
« Edited: November 15, 2021, 10:34:05 AM by Mr. MANDELA BARNES »

This is basically the entire point, no matter what anyone says.

Biden screwed up the Border and so did Ha4ria, Delta came thru in Dallas TX illegals aren't getting vaccinated that's why Ds lost TX

That's why Demings won't win voters are reminded of Kamala Border policy in Demings and FL is a border st too D's don't need TX or FL anyways

Whenever Covid ends, if it does open borders will be tolerated

Didn't you say HEGAR and Demings were gonna win, don't now Val is down 19 pts
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #324 on: November 15, 2021, 10:50:27 AM »

Who is this guys advisor?

He loses by double digits.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 44  
« previous next »