Texas 2022 megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:56:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Texas 2022 megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 44
Poll
Question: Current gubernatorial rating?
Safe R

Likely R

Lean R

Tossup/tilt R

Tossup/tilt D

Lean D

Likely D

Safe D

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 245

Author Topic: Texas 2022 megathread  (Read 63471 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2021, 08:24:13 PM »

Can anyone vote in either primary in TX or is it restricted by party?  Like could Dems sabotage Abbott by voting for West?  In Virginia you can just take either primary ballot (when the GOP decides to actually have primaries that is).
Yes.

In Texas, we don't really have partisan registration.

Everyone is independent. But once you vote in a party's primary, you are with that party for the calendar year. You can't vote in the runoff for the other party.

Damn, why is Lincoln Project not all over this yet.  This calls for Dem dirty tricks.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2021, 08:42:09 PM »

Can anyone vote in either primary in TX or is it restricted by party?  Like could Dems sabotage Abbott by voting for West?  In Virginia you can just take either primary ballot (when the GOP decides to actually have primaries that is).
Yes.

Everyone is independent. But once you vote in a party's primary, you are with that party for the calendar year. You can't vote in the runoff for the other party.

Damn, why is Lincoln Project not all over this yet.  This calls for Dem dirty tricks.
Like the Lincoln Project would do anything
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2021, 09:13:08 PM »

Yes.

Unfortunately, I'm not convinced that Allen West would lose in the general.

I wouldn't even be shocked if some Biden-Cornyn voters voted for him if he got the nomination.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #153 on: September 02, 2021, 12:31:08 PM »

Yes.

If anything they'll just endorse the democrat. They even campaigned against Susan Collins in 2020, arguably the most liberal republican in the senate.
Cyrusman
« Reply #154 on: September 02, 2021, 03:16:13 PM »

Yes.

If anything they'll just endorse the democrat. They even campaigned against Susan Collins in 2020, arguably the most liberal republican in the senate.

Correct me if I’m wrong but members of the Lincoln project are really dems right?
These people do not endorse a single Republican even Collins
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2021, 03:57:21 PM »

Yes.

Correct me if I’m wrong but members of the Lincoln project are really dems right?
These people do not endorse a single Republican even Collins

Pretty much, yea. They left the republicans and became dems because of Trump. Although the theorist side of me thinks they're probably just paid shills for the DNC.

I'll even be bold and say the only republican they'd support is Liz Cheney, maybe even Mitt Romney.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #156 on: September 02, 2021, 05:01:30 PM »

So who is the most serious D in the race right now?
Telesquare
Gyroburrito
Rookie
United States

« Reply #157 on: September 02, 2021, 05:23:59 PM »

So who is the most serious D in the race right now?
This woman is the only one.
Telesquare
Gyroburrito
Rookie
United States

« Reply #158 on: September 02, 2021, 05:26:15 PM »

Also, Chad Prather is running.
https://prather2022.com

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #159 on: September 02, 2021, 05:31:48 PM »

Safe R anyways
Cyrusman
« Reply #160 on: September 02, 2021, 05:35:58 PM »

About won by 13 points in 2018 which was a blue wave and also Beto was running as a senate candidate that year

Could Abbott in a more favorable year for republicans such as next year win by 15-20 points?
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #161 on: September 02, 2021, 05:36:18 PM »

Chad Prather’s already been mentioned in the thread, he’s got no shot at the nomination outside of his fans, some of which won’t even vote for him anyways.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #162 on: September 02, 2021, 06:24:18 PM »

There is a lot that Democrats can use against Abbott in 2022, even more so now, but I just don't think that Texan voters will care or that his opponent will be very good in general. It's a DeSantis situation. Though Abbott doesn't quite have the beginnings of a cult-like following like he does. Abbott will easily win re-election, probably somewhere between his 2018 and 2014 margins. Texas is not going to flip yet, especially not in 2022.
Cyrusman
« Reply #163 on: September 02, 2021, 07:04:41 PM »

There is a lot that Democrats can use against Abbott in 2022, even more so now, but I just don't think that Texan voters will care or that his opponent will be very good in general. It's a DeSantis situation. Though Abbott doesn't quite have the beginnings of a cult-like following like he does. Abbott will easily win re-election, probably somewhere between his 2018 and 2014 margins. Texas is not going to flip yet, especially not in 2022.

I mean there’s a lot the republicans could have used against Newsom and Cuomo but it did them no good since the states they governed. Cuomo barely resigned
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #164 on: September 02, 2021, 07:05:24 PM »

I mean there’s a lot the republicans could have used against Newsom and Cuomo but it did them no good since the states they governed. Cuomo barely resigned

That's exactly my point.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #165 on: September 02, 2021, 08:26:54 PM »

I think Abbott is a lot more vulnerable than many of you realize.  I wish Joaquin Castro would announce a run.  I think he'd win.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #166 on: September 02, 2021, 08:45:25 PM »

I think Abbott is a lot more vulnerable than many of you realize.  I wish Joaquin Castro would announce a run.  I think he'd win.

The only person with a decent shot at beating him is Matthew McConaughey, but only if he runs as a dem.

Although dems could beat Abbott if Matthew runs as a spoiler.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #167 on: September 02, 2021, 09:02:47 PM »

About won by 13 points in 2018 which was a blue wave and also Beto was running as a senate candidate that year

Could Abbott in a more favorable year for republicans such as next year win by 15-20 points?
I think he wins by a smaller margin than 2018.

Probably somewhere between Trump and Cornyn's margins in 2020.
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

« Reply #168 on: September 02, 2021, 09:08:15 PM »

Abbott approval at lowest point in poll history, underwater 41-50

Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #169 on: September 03, 2021, 12:23:28 AM »

Abbott approval at lowest point in poll history, underwater 41-50

I wonder where this'll go after the heartbeat and gun bills went into effect and caused a frenzy.

Also my old liberal classmates from high school won't shut up about the abortion bill but that's to be expected, which sorta shows that those types of bills will only energize voters against you.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #170 on: September 03, 2021, 01:05:08 AM »

Also, could this be seen by some as him teasing a run for governor?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #171 on: September 03, 2021, 02:15:38 AM »

Lol Beto is getting crushed in every Gov poll for Gov, he would be a bad choice as the Nominee, otherwise he would have joined the race already

Fox news would crush him like they did when he ran for Prez, he never does Oprah interviews no more

We aren't defeating Abbot with Biden current poll numbers
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #172 on: September 03, 2021, 05:11:32 AM »

Yeah I mean Abbott is still clearly favored but I do think that his 'Titanium R' appeal is not true at all. I think he's definitely vulnerable.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #173 on: September 03, 2021, 05:44:43 AM »

Yeah I mean Abbott is still clearly favored but I do think that his 'Titanium R' appeal is not true at all. I think he's definitely vulnerable.
o
Lol you said HEGAR was gonna win you along with Landslide Lyndon
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #174 on: September 03, 2021, 06:49:33 AM »

The hard right turn in the past 6 months definitely hasn't helped him.  It takes a lot to lose a 2X Trump state in a Dem midterm, though. 

BTW he used to be one of the more moderate red state governors on COVID.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 44  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies