LC 10.1 Resolution Condemning Fast-Food Burger Restaurants (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:10:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 10.1 Resolution Condemning Fast-Food Burger Restaurants (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LC 10.1 Resolution Condemning Fast-Food Burger Restaurants  (Read 685 times)
Brother Jonathan

« on: January 28, 2021, 08:02:46 PM »

This resolution is ridiculous; well-intentioned yes, but fundamentally unserious. I respect the sponsor's dedicated crusade against obesity, but it seems clear to me that this legislation is pointless from whatever standpoint one approaches it. If one is like the sponsor, that is to say, that one is inclined towards using government to change eating habits in hopes of preventing obesity, then this resolution is simply a toothless gesture. If one is more like myself, and therefore hesitant to insert government too directly in these matters, then the resolution is not only superfluous but also emblematic of an over-reliance on government solutions to solve social problems. Again, the Councillor is well-intentioned, but these repeated attempts to regulate restaurants into oblivion, or else to launch grand cultural crusades against them in the vain hope of dissuading the general public from eating at such establishments, have faced rejection by voters and Councillors alike. At some point, I should think, it would be in the best interests of the public that we seek to address this problem through other policy prescriptions if we are dead set on doing something about it.
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 03:43:15 PM »

Nay
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies