LC 10.1 Resolution Condemning Fast-Food Burger Restaurants (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:48:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 10.1 Resolution Condemning Fast-Food Burger Restaurants (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LC 10.1 Resolution Condemning Fast-Food Burger Restaurants  (Read 695 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« on: January 28, 2021, 07:15:36 PM »

My concerns with this legislation is that it targets specific businesses, which represents interference by the government in a free market to help some businesses and specifically target these. Yes, it's only a resolution, but it will still have some impact. Why is something like "Steak N' Shake" exempt from this bill? The only way I see fit to do this is to issue generic statements against all fast food restaurants. Regardless on my position of regulating fast food, this current bill is a total nonstarter
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 07:22:16 PM »

I still am undecided about this, but here's an amendment to ensure that the region doesn't get sued

Resolution condemning Fast-Food Burger Restaurants

The Lincoln Council hereby:

- Recognizes that fast-food Burgers are typically made with grease, ingredients designed to add fat, and/or inordinately large amounts of toppings, and typically served with ridiculously unhealthy french fries.
- Recognizes that fast foodRestaurants, including but not limited to, McDonalds, Burger King, Five Guys, Wendy's, In-And-Out, and What-a-burger, that serve fast-food burgers serve little purpose other than to make people Obese.
- Hereby Condemns all such fast-food burger restaurants for being the biggest cause of obesity in the region, and urges the populace to never eat at such places.

On a second thought, I'm thinking we should retire this amendment and do something broader with regards to regulating agriculture, give me some time to think on this.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 07:26:13 PM »

I don't think "is the region going to get sued?" should be our primary consideration for any bill. We should be honored to defend our bills against legal challenges. 

June 2019 called. Tongue
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 12:23:14 PM »

I move to wave 72 hr requirement, so the Speaker can move for a vote, 24 hours to object

I plan to do something with this, but this bill is unworkable
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 11:32:01 PM »

NAY
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length