Florida 2022 Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:39:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Florida 2022 Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Florida 2022 Megathread  (Read 55434 times)
Pollster
YaBB God

« on: January 27, 2021, 11:51:11 AM »

Forgive me if one already exists, there wasn't one in the megathread directory.

New DNS registrations for Ivanka Trump and Francis Suarez, both of whom would obviously be primarying DeSantis.

Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 10:53:15 AM »

Influential Broward Democrat sees Charlie Crist and Val Demings as the way for party to win 2022 governor and Senate races
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 11:43:43 AM »

Nikki Fried isn't playing.

Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 02:30:53 PM »

Taddeo seems to have an extremely poor electoral track record until, all of a sudden, she doesn't. Did she just randomly become a better candidate? Better fundraiser?

A leaked DCCC memo in the 2016 Russia hack said she was the party's preferred choice for FL-26 in 2016 but that "she's a weaker fundraiser [than Joe Garcia] and Garcia complicates the primary because of his name recognition." The memo also notes that her three unsuccessful runs for office might portray her as an “incompetent candidate” and pointed out that many perceive her as a “wealthy elitist.”

Really not sure what to make of this candidacy.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 09:53:17 AM »

Pretty strange/worrisome that her non-announcement video from September was better than her actual announcement video.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2021, 09:07:16 AM »

It's clear that Fried's political skills are very questionable. How the hell did she even get elected in the first place?

And that she won while Bill Nelson lost is even more astonishing.

Possible that I'm missing something obvious, but I don't see what is politically toxic here?
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2021, 05:18:07 PM »

Fried's graphic doesn't really use any activist-ish language and is mostly written in broad platitudes highlighting admirable but ultimately meaningless "firsts" and actions without noting results or any metric of success.

It's the exact kind of innocuous "identity" dialogue that makes white people feel good about themselves/their leaders and on net seems like a political positive? I don't know. I doubt many voters are keeping up with her twitter page regardless.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2022, 03:17:00 PM »

I live in blue state Cali and there are many people in 100 degree heat lining up to Vote and if they hate Biden so much why did we perform so well in Cali recall news flash Newsom won 63/37 he got the same vote as he did in 2020 Rs like to talk about VA we lost narrowly never talk about Cali

That's why I have blue states darkened colored and Red states light colored because we're gonna win 303 D's are ahead in AZ, NV, NH and GA

Maricopa county is all important  Kelly 50 Brnovich 48 that's the same margin he won last time 51/48 that means a 303 map
CALI is irrelevant you CLOWN!

You two need a sitcom
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2022, 08:28:46 AM »

Have been in Florida for work (and fun!) the past week and have to say that Nikki Fried's ads hitting Crist on abortion are pulling absolutely zero punches. Crist has one decent response ad up with female state legislators defending him but the rest of his responses (there are a lot) feature him giving milquetoast self-testimonial to the camera. I haven't seen numbers in the gubernatorial primary but I have to imagine given the sheer number of response ads Crist has put up on this issue/the climate we've seen in other Democratic primaries that these attacks are having an effect. Would not be surprised to see a last-minute Fried surge here, not unlike Gillum's last-minute surge in 2018.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2022, 04:39:26 PM »

Graham is one of the most pleasant people in politics I have ever interacted with. Strongly endorse this choice.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2022, 08:11:50 AM »

That’s why it is dangerous to have Charlie Crist as Governor and a vote for him is a vote to make Florida a more dangerous place.

Meanwhile, under Ron DeSantis, Florida communities are ranked among the safest in the nation, and he is committed to supporting law enforcement and first responders. Ron DeSantis signed the most comprehensive pro-law enforcement legislation in the nation, prohibiting defunding the police. If local governments try to defund law enforcement, the Governor and Cabinet can override them and reinstate the funding.
Do you have a job?

And if you don't, you should inquire about an opposition research job with the DeSantis campaign. At least get paid for this if you're going to do it.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2022, 08:39:20 AM »

Really is a shame that this thread has devolved into olawakandi and 2016 repeatedly taking each other's bait. A lot of interesting stuff happening in this state - both politically and not - that is worth discussing and I can't help but feel many are not engaging with this thread because of what it has become.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2022, 10:26:31 AM »

Really is a shame that this thread has devolved into olawakandi and 2016 repeatedly taking each other's bait. A lot of interesting stuff happening in this state - both politically and not - that is worth discussing and I can't help but feel many are not engaging with this thread because of what it has become.

Like what?  Share with the class!

I know there is less interest generally in state legislative races on this board, but there are some intense fights happening in the Florida State Senate (which has only 40 seats compared to the state's 28 Congressional seats, so they are not too much smaller by population and attract major spending). Janet Cruz in State Senate District 18 in particular is running a very tough race, as is Joy Goff-Marcil in District 10 - both will be extremely well-positioned for Congressional runs in 2024 should they win.

There are also rumors swirling around that Disney is planning to get involved financially in some of the State House races around the Orlando area to ensure that the Reedy Creek home rule is reinstated next year.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies