Florida 2022 Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 08:34:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Florida 2022 Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 49
Author Topic: Florida 2022 Megathread  (Read 57781 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: April 30, 2022, 10:42:51 AM »

We don't need Florida and they stopped polling states I am not expecting to win FL and I know 2016 said many times about, how conservative the Election is but it would be great for us to win FL I put it D for the fun of it because it's VBM and from last time it's not gonna be quick calls on these races because it's VBM not same day voting

DeSantis just said no to student loans Discharge

Trump CDC was the one mandating mask not Biden whom implemented the Mask mandate, Pence was in charge of it
Junior Chimp

« Reply #526 on: April 30, 2022, 01:20:06 PM »

We don't need Florida and they stopped polling states I am not expecting to win FL and I know 2016 said many times about, how conservative the Election is but it would be great for us to win FL I put it D for the fun of it because it's VBM and from last time it's not gonna be quick calls on these races because it's VBM not same day voting

Trump CDC was the one mandating mask not Biden whom implemented the Mask mandate, Pence was in charge of it
What nonsense are you talking here and what bad assumption do you make as well? The VBM Vote will be less compared to 2020. We are not living anymore in a Pandemic, more like an Endemic.

Maybe we get 8.5 Million Votes+ in FL BUT certainly not the 11.3 Million we had in 2020.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #527 on: April 30, 2022, 01:21:55 PM »

What nonsense are you talking here and what bad assumption do you make as well? The VBM Vote will be less compared to 2020. We are not living anymore in a Pandemic, more like an Endemic.

Maybe we get 8.5 Million Votes+ in FL BUT certainly not the 11.3 Million we had in 2020.

Where are the FL polls not nonsense they haven't polled the state and it's only April I am optimistic
Junior Chimp

« Reply #528 on: April 30, 2022, 01:42:47 PM »

Where are the FL polls not nonsense they haven't polled the state and it's only April I am optimistic
Has nothing to do with optimism. It's irresponsible to say the VBM Vote will be the same as it was during the height of the Pandemic. That is just not going to happen and you know that.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #529 on: April 30, 2022, 01:54:34 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2022, 01:58:22 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

I live in blue state Cali and there are many people in 100 degree heat lining up to Vote and if they hate Biden so much why did we perform so well in Cali recall news flash Newsom won 63/37 he got the same vote as he did in 2020 Rs like to talk about VA we lost narrowly never talk about Cali

That's why I have blue states darkened colored and Red states light colored because we're gonna win 303 D's are ahead in AZ, NV, NH and GA

Maricopa county is all important  Kelly 50 Brnovich 48 that's the same margin he won last time 51/48 that means a 303 map
Junior Chimp

« Reply #530 on: April 30, 2022, 02:28:28 PM »

I live in blue state Cali and there are many people in 100 degree heat lining up to Vote and if they hate Biden so much why did we perform so well in Cali recall news flash Newsom won 63/37 he got the same vote as he did in 2020 Rs like to talk about VA we lost narrowly never talk about Cali

That's why I have blue states darkened colored and Red states light colored because we're gonna win 303 D's are ahead in AZ, NV, NH and GA

Maricopa county is all important  Kelly 50 Brnovich 48 that's the same margin he won last time 51/48 that means a 303 map
CALI is irrelevant you CLOWN!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #531 on: April 30, 2022, 02:57:24 PM »

Maricopa county is all important  Kelly 50 Brnovich 48 that's the same margin he won last time 51/48 that means a 303 map

It's irrelevant to you because we won and we're ahead in AZ, NH, NV and GA, so it's not an R wave according to state by state polls
Junior Chimp

« Reply #532 on: May 09, 2022, 12:00:42 PM »

FLORIDA IS NOW MAGA & TRUMP COUNTRY...
Interesting Article from "TheHill" with quotes from Nelson DIAZ, former Chair of the Miami-Dade County GOP, Miami-based Pollster Fernand ARMADI, who helped Obama in 2008 & 2012 and Steve SCHALE who was the Florida State Director for then Candidate Obama in 2008.
https://thehill.com/news/state-watch/3479750-florida-tilts-toward-trump-amid-population-growth/

The most interesting quote comes from DIAZ who says quote:"Republicans stood for Freedom while Democrats stood for Mandates"

I have to say Governor Ron DeSantis has very effectivly used COVID especially since Biden took Office.
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #533 on: May 11, 2022, 02:19:15 PM »

Philips academy has DeSantis only up 1 and actually has Rubio losing lol. My only takeaway is that when they came out with that New Hampshire poll last month, whoever said “did they only poll democrats?” I think was correct
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #534 on: May 11, 2022, 03:17:00 PM »

You two need a sitcom
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #535 on: May 11, 2022, 03:22:48 PM »

You two need a sitcom

Ikr? Where's the popcorn
JMT

« Reply #536 on: May 11, 2022, 05:00:38 PM »

JMT

« Reply #537 on: May 11, 2022, 06:15:59 PM »

Was Taddeo term-limited from running for State Senate again this year, or is her seat not up this year? Or did she voluntarily give up running for re-election to instead run for Governor?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #538 on: May 11, 2022, 06:43:34 PM »

Here is the Phillips Academy poll

https://andoverpoll.com/

Florida HS students prefer Demings
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #539 on: May 11, 2022, 06:48:45 PM »

Here is the Phillips Academy poll

https://andoverpoll.com/

Florida HS students prefer Demings

I missed this part but apparently they have Florida students voting to the right of the state LOL okay
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #540 on: May 11, 2022, 10:13:47 PM »

She would actually be a pretty strong canidate considering and could bring the race to Lean R in 2022. She would likely do defacto worse than Biden in a lot of white areas but she doesn't need to outperform with cubans by too much.
MARGINS6729
« Reply #541 on: May 12, 2022, 01:25:43 AM »

Was Taddeo term-limited from running for State Senate again this year, or is her seat not up this year? Or did she voluntarily give up running for re-election to instead run for Governor?

All the seats are up because of redistricting- she gave up the seat to run for Governor.
JMT

« Reply #542 on: June 06, 2022, 07:34:43 PM »

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #543 on: June 06, 2022, 09:10:13 PM »

This is good news. FL-27 is still Lean R but she was not gonna win gov (priamry or GE) and is prolly one of the best canidates on the D side for the district.

She holds a Trump + 6 2020 seat in the state Senate and has respectable wins in the past, though she's no electoral titan who's a shoe-win. A lot of this race will come down to how special (or not special) Trump's 2020 performance was. Salazar could've had the district easily locked down for the decade but she's become progressively more conservative, and while she did overperform Trump in 2020, some of that could've been she was facing Shalala.

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #544 on: June 07, 2022, 08:55:47 AM »

This is good news. FL-27 is still Lean R but she was not gonna win gov (priamry or GE) and is prolly one of the best canidates on the D side for the district.

She holds a Trump + 6 2020 seat in the state Senate and has respectable wins in the past, though she's no electoral titan who's a shoe-win. A lot of this race will come down to how special (or not special) Trump's 2020 performance was. Salazar could've had the district easily locked down for the decade but she's become progressively more conservative, and while she did overperform Trump in 2020, some of that could've been she was facing Shalala.

Yup, though I don't expect FL-27 that close in the end.

As for the gov race, Crist is almost certainly going to win the primary with 60-40% margin, though he'd be lucky not to lose the GE by more than 8 pts.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #545 on: June 07, 2022, 10:02:03 AM »

Republican Registration Edge in Florida baloons to nearly 135,000!

By contrast when Ron DeSantis took over from Rick Scott as Governor of Florida the Democrats had a 267,000 lead over Republicans.

https://flvoicenews.com/florida-democrat-party-in-shambles-as-voter-registration-dips-and-party-left-rudderless/
https://flvoicenews.com/official-nearly-135000-more-republican-registrations-compared-to-democrats/
https://www.dos.myflorida.com/elections/data-statistics/voter-registration-statistics/voter-registration-reports/voter-registration-by-county-and-party/

Warning to Democrats/Liberals here on Talk Election. You can talk as much as you want on Abortion, Gun Control, etc. but Voters will vote on the Economy & Inflation.

As someone said "When the Economy is bad, the Economy is the Issue".
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #546 on: June 07, 2022, 10:21:23 AM »

She holds a Trump +6 seat solely because the seat was up in 2018. She would have been cooked in 2020. Its likely r.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #547 on: June 07, 2022, 11:48:35 AM »

She holds a Trump +6 seat solely because the seat was up in 2018. She would have been cooked in 2020. Its likely r.

You could make the argument Trumps (and Salazar’s) performance was specific to the 2020 electorate. Both 2016 and 2020 are quite abnormal years in Miami so it’s a bit hard to tell.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #548 on: June 07, 2022, 12:59:07 PM »

https://twitter.com/PollTrackerUSA?t=dUS326eVO1ew6-KgH8xMTw&s=09

Crist is leading in FL let's go Ds
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #549 on: June 07, 2022, 02:20:59 PM »

You could make the argument Trumps (and Salazar’s) performance was specific to the 2020 electorate. Both 2016 and 2020 are quite abnormal years in Miami so it’s a bit hard to tell.

It's a Trump (+1) seat with an incumbent who outperformed Trump by 7 points as the challenger. Likely R is being generous. Yes I know Taddeo is clearly a better candidate than Shalala but it simply does not matter here.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 49  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies