Louisiana 2023 gubernatorial election megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:59:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Louisiana 2023 gubernatorial election megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Rate the 2023 Louisiana gubernatorial election
Safe R

Likely R

Lean R

Tossup/tilt R

Tossup/tilt D

Lean D

Likely D

Safe D

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 170

Author Topic: Louisiana 2023 gubernatorial election megathread  (Read 23752 times)
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« on: January 27, 2021, 11:57:07 PM »

I'd say the only thing that would make this safe D is if David Duke runs for governor again. Landrieu probably wins in a landslide and he probably wins Calcasieu and St Tammany parishes as well (which Edwin Edwards did against Duke in 1991).

Even David Duke would win Louisiana with a Democrat in the Oval Office.

Nowadays the ad campaign would probably be "Vote for the Klansman: it's important (he's a PATRIOT and supports the 2A and STRONG BORDERS)"

Duke is still really hated in Louisiana and I think the Klan aspect would be too bitter a pill to swallow for a critical mass, but it would certainly be much closer than 91.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 12:55:43 PM »

This thread is comedy gold
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2023, 06:02:28 PM »

And I'm sorry but "MUH LOW BLACK TURNOUT" is getting really old. You are assuming that the black voters that don't vote as often are as democratic as the ones that did, and while that may have been true in the past, it may not be anymore. In fact, there was a poster here(I can't recall the name) who said one of the reasons the polling may have underestimated D's is because it OVERESTIMATED voter turnout. Many low propensity R voters may have said they were going to vote but were not passionate enough to actually do so when election day came.

I have no doubt that lower propensity black voters are less Democratic than their high propensity counterparts. I also have no doubt that they are overwhelmingly Democratic, especially in Louisiana, and that they tend to drop off sooner than white voters. QED
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies