Most obnoxious example of “whataboutism” (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:48:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Most obnoxious example of “whataboutism” (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of these examples of “whataboutism” is the most obnoxious?
The claim that Bill Clinton’s accusations of rape nullify Trump’s

The claim that Obama building the cages nullifies Trump caging kids

The claim that Sanders voting for the crime bill nullifies Biden writing it

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Most obnoxious example of “whataboutism”  (Read 1053 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: January 25, 2021, 07:53:16 PM »

Only the first one is a true whataboutism.

Personally I think the weirdest and most obnoxious is anti-anti-Trump leftists trying to deflect criticism of Trump by bringing up George W. Bush, as if partisan Democrats also didn't hate his ass. Yes I'm aware it's mostly directed at people like the Lincoln Project but they make up a very small percentage of Trump haters.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 09:24:15 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2021, 09:30:46 PM by Now We Are Free »

Only the first one is a true whataboutism.

Personally I think the weirdest and most obnoxious is anti-anti-Trump leftists trying to deflect criticism of Trump by bringing up George W. Bush, as if partisan Democrats also didn't hate his ass. Yes I'm aware it's mostly directed at people like the Lincoln Project but they make up a very small percentage of Trump haters.

To be fair, the recent attempts to rehabilitate GWB deserve all the pushback they get. His appearances on late-night talk shows and his "lovable antics" whenever he attends a public event simply make me nauseous. Trump may have been a worse president than Bush, but Bush's presidency is absolutely one of the worst eight years America has ever had to endure. Anyone looking back on the 2000s with rose-tinted glasses needs their eyesight checked.

I don't disagree with any of that. I mean voting against GWB was the first Presidential vote I ever cast. But it's possible to argue against any attempt to rehabilitate GWB without basically saying "Trump wasn't that bad" or "Trump shouldn't be criticized because GWB was a bad President too." Just say the simple truth: That both of their Presidencies were utter disasters.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies