OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:34:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance  (Read 95017 times)
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« on: January 25, 2021, 04:54:40 PM »

!!!!!! Awesome.

Hopefully people aren't dumb enough to actually believe this

Ahem...

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/lebron-james-us-senate-calls-ramp-up-portman-decision

Yes I know it's Fox News but still, would be an interesting primary if LeBron ends up running. He's arguably the most popular current NBA star at the moment.

Realistically though I think it's probably gonna be Jim Jordan vs Tim Ryan in the general.

LeBron wouldn't win either, the racists in Appalachia and the rurals would not vote for a black man from Cleveland
It's not like they voted for a Black Man from Chicago with a Muslim sounding middle-name.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 06:30:34 PM »

Not a Sherrod Brown clone but the next best thing
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 09:27:42 AM »

Will his discount Hawley schit work ? Find out next time in 2022.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 08:33:52 PM »

Good to see horrible people standing with other horrible people

How much does this mean, though? Vance seems like a sort-of-strong candidate on paper if only for money and name recognition, but it seems like his brand of "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" conservatism is a little distinct from the "hail Lord Trump" brand that's the main style for the GOP right now.

Like do OH political people think Vance is a paper tiger or a potential nominee?
People accuse democrats of being condeseend and unsympathetic to poor white communities, but republican can run a guy who literarly claims there problems are cultural and he'll win them in a landslide.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 06:53:11 PM »

A bunch of polls dropped showing a tight race with a lot of undecided. Acton outperforms Tim Ryan and is ahead of Vance who seems to be the weekest republican.

IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2021, 09:39:00 AM »

IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2021, 10:07:59 AM »

This thread should not have 16 (now 17) pages. This is not a competitive race.
Anything can happen, democrats have won statewide in 2018. Atlasians just love to declare races non competive.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 08:59:50 PM »

Where are the polls in NC, OH and FL they must be Lean R, the DSCC aren't releasing any internals, it's early but they release WI

Also no polling at all on PA, either
If you believe these crap Internal Polls from the DSCC you are waaay out of your mind.

Republicans will hold Wisconsin and Evers will be defeated as well.
Lmao, all those races are competitive
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2021, 10:45:04 AM »

Amazing look into Mandels campaigns mindset. Tim Ryans got a shot if this is what he's facing
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2021, 03:15:35 AM »

Tim Ryan is using classic populist rethoric, given that Donald Trump a person who embodies the exact opposite of this was the most succesful user of populist rethoric I doubt it's going to work.

IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2021, 05:33:05 AM »

Tim Ryan is using classic populist rethoric, given that Donald Trump a person who embodies the exact opposite of this was the most succesful user of populist rethoric I doubt it's going to work.

You really don't understand Ohio. And this is nothing different from what Tim Ryan and Sherrod Brown have been saying their entire careers.

Tim Ryan is from Youngstown. It is one of many Rust Belt cities where unions and industry have collapsed since the 1980's.
Trump also did very well in Ohio, and he didn't need to pretned to be a salt &peper working class person to get them to vote for him.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2021, 10:56:22 AM »

Sure Racism this open has gotta hurt him.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2021, 08:45:50 PM »

Being Jewish, seeing a Jewish politician repeatedly say some version of the 14 words to try to fit in with white nationalists and become their leader makes me want to vomit.

Mandel’s Jewish? Never knew
Seems like he's been doing that part of his job well.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2021, 12:05:52 AM »

Recently, I caught up with a friend who is a native Ohioan and works for a Republican member from Ohio. FWIW, he's convinced that Ryan would beat either Mandel or Vance.

Tim Ryan is the JD Vance of the left, the majority of voters in the state have no idea who he is
Not even close to true
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2021, 01:52:17 AM »

Why do both of the major OH republicans have such noxious Twitter accounts ?
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2021, 09:56:50 PM »

Why do both of the major OH republicans have such noxious Twitter accounts ?

A noxious Twitter account (as an extension of their noxious personality in real life) is now a requirement for elected office as a Republican, since around early 2016.
But they're especialy even by the standards of republican political canidates, you don't see Chuck Grassley, John Cornyn or Mike Crapo posting this kind of crap ?
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2021, 03:14:50 AM »

He's still probably going to win, but the Republican frontrunner wanting to abolish (or, shall we say, defund) all public schools is a massive freebie.

Are they even attacking each other ? or just trying to out-crazy the other with stupidity ?
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2021, 06:52:47 PM »

I find it funny that Tim Ryan wished people a happy Diwali, but JD Vance who's wife is Indian hasn't. Anyway Ryan also has a response but it's less funny than Mandels.

IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2021, 09:52:14 AM »

This entire thread is like peaking into an alternate reality, honestly
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2021, 10:19:03 AM »

This entire thread is like peaking into an alternate reality, honestly

This thread makes Mandel look (almost) reasonable.
I absoutley lost it when I read "Vance isn't perfect but he's the best option available".
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2021, 07:50:11 PM »

I don't like Mandel, and I find him a weasel, but this is disappointing to hear about Vance.
What is disappointing?

Having a $10k fundraiser with Peter Theil.

Just curious but is this the first you’ve heard of JD Vance?

Anyway, I strongly support him over every viable option but Timken. Mandel and Moreno are literal joke candidates backed by the Israeli lobby and the affirmative action wing of the Republican Party, respectively.
Anti-semtism and racism, classic combo.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2022, 12:59:57 PM »

I think Mandel is definitely very vunerable due to his crankiness, like his werid bitcoin obsession does seem very onthrongal to what the republican base in Ohio wants and there are definitely several other things that can be used to paint him as a crank.

Also might Tim Ryan drop down back to a congressional race given Ohio will be gaining safe democratic districts even if he might have to carpet bag a bit.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2022, 03:28:36 PM »

Mandel is not leading by that much in polling and most of the other candidates are catching up. I have no idea why you think he has a lock on the nomination.

Because he's like the perfect representation of what the GOP base wants, and Vance is a complete phony.
I realy don't think that's the case. His bitcoin obsession just makes him seem weird and kooky, and he seems to be hamming it up in a way that comes across as very unaunthetic.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2022, 08:57:37 PM »

Mandel is not leading by that much in polling and most of the other candidates are catching up. I have no idea why you think he has a lock on the nomination.

Because he's like the perfect representation of what the GOP base wants, and Vance is a complete phony.

Vance is actually not a phony.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jd-vance-deleted-his-anti-trump-tweets-he-forgot-his-likes
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2022, 12:34:55 AM »

This is ing pathetic, why is ohio of all places having the most online Twitter fueled senate campagin ?

Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies