OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:49:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance  (Read 95002 times)
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« on: April 06, 2021, 09:40:26 PM »

So Tim Ryan is pretty much going to be unopposed in the primary now,  maybe that raises his chances in the general from 10% to 11%.
So you're saying there's a chance?
lol Ohio
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 03:37:16 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2021, 03:40:41 PM by Storr »

Yikes....

Turning a race that should be likely/Safe R into a competitive race... but then again it's Ohio lmao
It weird how ten years ago this is the type of tweet we'd expect from a 12 year old edgy meme lord, now we get it from a (leading?) Senate candidate and it doesn't cause any response from me other than "lol".
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 11:12:20 PM »

Sure Racism this open has gotta hurt him.
<tweet snip>
People are correct, open racism probably only helps him in a Ohio Republican primary. At least he got ratioed and lol:
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2022, 06:01:10 PM »

Bruh:

Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2022, 03:58:13 PM »

And now JD Vance is essentially arguing that women should stay in "violent" marriages instead of getting divorced because children are better off in an abusive household than they are in a non-abusive household where one of the parents divorced the other to escape domestic violence.  Vance also said that he was "skeptical" about whether victims of domestic violence were better off divorcing their abuser to escape said domestic violence than they would be if they were unable divorce to their abuser.  

https://politicalwire.com/2022/07/25/j-d-vance-says-people-should-stay-in-violent-marriages/

Here is the full quote:

“This is one of the great tricks that I think the sexual revolution pulled on the American populace, which is the idea that like, ‘well, OK, these marriages were fundamentally, you know, they were maybe even violent, but certainly they were unhappy. And so getting rid of them and making it easier for people to shift spouses like they change their underwear, that’s going to make people happier in the long term.'  And maybe it worked out for the moms and dads, though I’m skeptical. But it really didn’t work out for the kids of those marriages."

I don't know if it matters in today's hyper-partisan political environment, but this sort of thing is probably about as close as you can get to a Todd Akin "legitimate rape" or a Richard Mourdock-level gaffe these days.  

What is the precedent for Tim Ryan winning? Would it be Heidi Heitkamp in 2012? Open seat, but demographics and Presidential votes are fatal to Dems? ND at least had a stronger track record of Democratic senators than Ohio, although Ohio has one which is better than zero.

2012 was clearly a better Dem year than 2022 can ever hope to be but ND then was redder than Ohio now.

Maybe Donnelly beating Mourdock in 2012?  2012 was obviously a less Republican year than 2022, but (IIRC) Indiana was also a significantly more Republican than than Ohio is today.

Top voted comment on politicalwire.com: "Pro tip: staying in a violent marriage does not work for the kids, either."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies