OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 05:08:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75
Author Topic: OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance  (Read 96672 times)
lakeview
Rookie
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1800 on: October 12, 2022, 05:20:46 PM »

On the day that a jury socked Alex Jones for nearly $1 Billion in damages to the Sandy Hook families, a reminder:

Oh no, Vance criticized Rachel Maddow, I'm sure Ohio voters will hate that. /s

By the way, would you like me to post Rachel Maddow's commentary on the Covid vaccines?

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1801 on: October 12, 2022, 05:45:06 PM »

On the day that a jury socked Alex Jones for nearly $1 Billion in damages to the Sandy Hook families, a reminder:

By the way, would you like me to post Rachel Maddow's commentary on the Covid vaccines?

you literally missed the entire part of the post. wow.
lakeview
Rookie
United States
« Reply #1802 on: October 12, 2022, 06:38:27 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2022, 06:45:17 PM by lakeview »

Oh, ok, you do want me to post Maddow dishing on the vaccines. At your service, then!

The point of the post was someone was trying to dunk on Vance for tweeting out that he considers Alex Jones a more reliable source of information than Rachel Maddow. This was supposed to be super clever and timely because Jones had a rough day in court today. Know what else happened today? A Pfizer exec testified to EU parliament that his company never tested the Covid vaccines to see how they affected transmission of the virus. Which brought this little gem from Maddow back to light:

https://twitter.com/jstylman/status/1580276759215624192

"The virus stops with every vaccinated person," Maddow said. Throughout the entire segment, she was as wrong as one can possibly be. The stuff she was saying wasn't believed to be true even by the manufacturers of the damn thing, but she was at her desk passing her wishful thinking off as absolute fact. Which is exactly the kind of thing JD Vance was criticizing.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #1803 on: October 12, 2022, 06:50:41 PM »

Oh, ok, you do want me to post Maddow dishing on the vaccines. At your service, then!

The point of the post was someone was trying to dunk on Vance for tweeting out that he considers Alex Jones a more reliable source of information than Rachel Maddow. This was supposed to be super clever and timely because Jones had a rough day in court today. Know what else happened today? A Pfizer exec testified to EU parliament that his company never tested the Covid vaccines to see how they affected transmission of the virus. Which brought this little gem from Maddow back to light:

"The virus stops with every vaccinated person," Maddow said. Throughout the entire segment, she was as wrong as one can possibly be. The stuff she was saying wasn't believed to be true even by the manufacturers of the damn thing, but she was at her desk passing her wishful thinking off as absolute fact. Which is exactly the kind of thing JD Vance was criticizing.

So what flavor is the koolaid today?
lakeview
Rookie
United States
« Reply #1804 on: October 12, 2022, 07:30:56 PM »

I'm in Ohio, so it sure as s*** ain't blue.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1805 on: October 12, 2022, 07:34:56 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2022, 07:39:18 PM by 26 Days until the slaughter »

Congrats on posting this on the one site that uses red for Ds and blue for Rs.

lakeview
Rookie
United States
« Reply #1806 on: October 12, 2022, 07:43:28 PM »

You got me there. So much cleverness.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1807 on: October 12, 2022, 07:45:15 PM »

You got me there. So much cleverness.
I know, I am known for being the cleverest. Whenever I open my mouth i say something so witty everyone laughs but in a good way and applauds because I really am the cleverest.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1808 on: October 13, 2022, 11:11:01 AM »

Vance raised $7M in Q3

https://twitter.com/mattholt33/status/1580588350750470149

This is probably why polls are still showing a tight race here. Vance has more outside spending, but Ryan has more personal spending, so even though GOP is dumping tens of millions into this, Ryan is getting way better rates still.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1809 on: October 13, 2022, 03:44:55 PM »

As of July, Ryan had $3m more cash-on-hand than Vance. Since then, Ryan raised an additional $10m net over Vance. Of course, it seems Vance didn't go live with ads until very recently & Ryan has probably had an extremely high burn rate (explains why their campaign didn't release cash-on-hand figures). Still, I imagine Ryan has several million more on-hand than Vance at this point. We'll see soon enough, I guess.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1810 on: October 13, 2022, 04:05:47 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2022, 04:12:54 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Vance raised $7M in Q3

https://twitter.com/mattholt33/status/1580588350750470149

This is probably why polls are still showing a tight race here. Vance has more outside spending, but Ryan has more personal spending, so even though GOP is dumping tens of millions into this, Ryan is getting way better rates still.

It's tight because DeWine got significant Blk and Arab support in 2018 and Renacci didn't that's why Renacci failed and Females prefer Ryan too there is a gender gap in GA 51/42 everyone  thinks that's these states always line up exactly the same way all the time if that was the case Brown would have never been elected, Kerry failed in 2004 but between 2004/12 Dennis Kucinich was elected too, you know why Brown got elected because Dennis Kucinich is just as liberal as Brown in OH

Ds in every swing state except NC and WI are outpolling Biden 2020 and 24 numbers Biden is losing to Trump 48/40 in. oH and Ryan is tied with Vance same in PA Biden is tied with Trump and Shapiro is leading by 10

Lol Carol Blood, Joy Hofmeister and James Smith may indeed win, because it's a Midterm not a Prez contest, I keep going back and forth between Carol Blood but Ds are completetive in NEB 2
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1811 on: October 13, 2022, 04:51:39 PM »

I mean, are you even familiar with Alex Jones? He says stuff that's far more inaccurate than that on an hourly basis. No one cares that Vance criticized Maddow, go for it anyone, it's that he said that anyone is worse than Alex Jones, the literal most dishonest and least credible person in America.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1812 on: October 13, 2022, 06:04:18 PM »

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1813 on: October 13, 2022, 06:08:46 PM »

I just wish endorsements still mattered.
lakeview
Rookie
United States
« Reply #1814 on: October 13, 2022, 07:14:09 PM »

I mean, are you even familiar with Alex Jones? He says stuff that's far more inaccurate than that on an hourly basis. No one cares that Vance criticized Maddow, go for it anyone, it's that he said that anyone is worse than Alex Jones, the literal most dishonest and least credible person in America.

I'm not very familiar with Alex Jones, but it's difficult to imagine anyone being less credible than Rachel Maddow, based on that clip of her talking about the vaccines.

I'm sure a majority of Ohio voters don't care either way; we spend far less time thinking about Alex Jones than those in your political tribe do.
swf541

« Reply #1815 on: October 13, 2022, 07:17:43 PM »

I'm not very familiar with Alex Jones, but it's difficult to imagine anyone being less credible than Rachel Maddow, based on that clip of her talking about the vaccines.

I'm sure a majority of Ohio voters don't care either way; we spend far less time thinking about Alex Jones than those in your political tribe do.

He just lost a 1 billion dollar defamation suit over launching a harassment campaign against the parents of mass shooting vaccines?Huh

Clearly this is less bad then Maddow doing something irrelevant.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1816 on: October 13, 2022, 07:23:11 PM »

Mod request: how about taking the debate on the relative merits of Alex Jones and Rachel Maddow to a separate thread.  It's veering this one off the rails.
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #1817 on: October 13, 2022, 07:29:49 PM »

Mod request: how about taking the debate on the relative merits of Alex Jones and Rachel Maddow to a separate thread.  It's veering this one off the rails.

My apologies didn’t see that
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #1818 on: October 13, 2022, 07:45:45 PM »

[tweet "Ronald Reagan would not support JD Vance so I'm endorsing Tim Ryan"]

Whatever else you think about JD Vance, that's an insane thing to say.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1819 on: October 14, 2022, 07:42:33 PM »

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1820 on: October 14, 2022, 07:49:24 PM »

Ironic.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1821 on: October 17, 2022, 06:37:28 PM »

This isn't going well for Vance

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1822 on: October 17, 2022, 07:07:36 PM »

Ryan brought out the Alex Jones quote

Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1823 on: October 17, 2022, 08:11:20 PM »

The only reason I have hope for an unlikely Ryan upset is that we hear again and again, Republican voters are angry at Dems because they perceive Democratic voters are all wealthy elites who look down on them and their way of life. And that is Vance’s vibe, 100%, impossible to cover up - he’s got that elitist Romneyite stink on him.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1824 on: October 18, 2022, 03:24:23 AM »

Are these debates the only ones so far on a Senate level where we all agree on who won?
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies