OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:13:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 75
Author Topic: OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance  (Read 95115 times)
Rjjr77
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: November 06, 2021, 10:47:56 PM »

I have no idea why any of you are surprised that J.D. Vance isn't some hero of the working class, lmao.

Been a running joke that Vance is an extreme wannabe while Mandel is just a natural at being the perfect candidate for the base.

Mandels a phony too because people actually know who he is, thats why hes stuck under 40 in the polls despite being the only person elected statewide
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #701 on: November 07, 2021, 02:00:45 AM »

I don't like Mandel, and I find him a weasel, but this is disappointing to hear about Vance.
What is disappointing?

Having a $10k fundraiser with Peter Theil.

Vance literally worked with Theil for years and Masters is literally a protege of Theil . They are basically only In the race cause of how much Theil has backed their campaigns
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #702 on: November 07, 2021, 02:04:56 AM »

I'd support Vance, though I am starting to doubt his #populist credentials after his fundraising tweet that basically went like this

"Pay $10,000 to dine with myself and Peter Thiel"

Mandel trolled him with a post like this:

"Pay $10 to eat french fries with me at midnight in a Denny's parking lot"

I'd still vote for Vance though, because he isn't a lunatic. Up until recently, I thought Mandel was a neocon in Trumpist clothing. However after he said that George Soros and the Deep State caused COVID-19, BLM, ANTIFA, and the Capital Riots, I realized he is ing insane. I wasn't really following the election when he made the poll about "which type of illegal causes more crime". I'm guessing that was your evidence for your claim that he is racist. Timken is an out-of-touch elitist. The other candidates aren't really serious.

Mandel is whatever you want him to be. He's not insane, he's a grifter trying to get your attention by saying inflammatory stuff. His policy views are pretty much limited to attacking Democrats and ordering Denny's at 1am. Vance isn't perfect but he's the best option available. Timken is better than your description, but she's also not going to win. Bernie Moreno is also interesting, but also not going to win.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #703 on: November 07, 2021, 07:09:29 AM »

I'd support Vance, though I am starting to doubt his #populist credentials after his fundraising tweet that basically went like this

I'd still vote for Vance though, because he isn't a lunatic. Up until recently, I thought Mandel was a neocon in Trumpist clothing. However after he said that George Soros and the Deep State caused COVID-19, BLM, ANTIFA, and the Capital Riots, I realized he is ing insane. I wasn't really following the election when he made the poll about "which type of illegal causes more crime". I'm guessing that was your evidence for your claim that he is racist. Timken is an out-of-touch elitist. The other candidates aren't really serious.

Mandel is whatever you want him to be. He's not insane, he's a grifter trying to get your attention by saying inflammatory stuff. His policy views are pretty much limited to attacking Democrats and ordering Denny's at 1am. Vance isn't perfect but he's the best option available. Timken is better than your description, but she's also not going to win. Bernie Moreno is also interesting, but also not going to win.

That sounds reductionist.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #704 on: November 07, 2021, 07:42:17 AM »

Vance is an anti-globalist so he automatically is the best candidate. Mandel seems like a Cotton-type, strong on culture war stuff but at his heart, an establishment neocon who just wants tax cuts and more wars for Israel.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #705 on: November 07, 2021, 09:52:14 AM »

This entire thread is like peaking into an alternate reality, honestly
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #706 on: November 07, 2021, 10:18:05 AM »

This thread makes Mandel look (almost) reasonable.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #707 on: November 07, 2021, 10:19:03 AM »

This thread makes Mandel look (almost) reasonable.
I absoutley lost it when I read "Vance isn't perfect but he's the best option available".
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #708 on: November 07, 2021, 01:50:06 PM »

That sounds reductionist.

All posts about candidates are reductionist. What's your point?
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #709 on: November 07, 2021, 02:06:31 PM »

I don't like Mandel, and I find him a weasel, but this is disappointing to hear about Vance.
What is disappointing?

Just curious but is this the first you’ve heard of JD Vance?

Anyway, I strongly support him over every viable option but Timken. Mandel and Moreno are literal joke candidates backed by the Israeli lobby and the affirmative action wing of the Republican Party, respectively.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #710 on: November 07, 2021, 03:15:55 PM »

Wrong board
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #711 on: November 07, 2021, 07:50:11 PM »

What is disappointing?

Anyway, I strongly support him over every viable option but Timken. Mandel and Moreno are literal joke candidates backed by the Israeli lobby and the affirmative action wing of the Republican Party, respectively.
Anti-semtism and racism, classic combo.
Rjjr77
« Reply #712 on: November 07, 2021, 08:53:16 PM »

Moreno is the only candidate in the bottom level of the polls I think could catch fire. Id keep an eye on him
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #713 on: November 08, 2021, 06:47:03 AM »

Vance supports the government seizing a the assets of companies with board members who don’t donate exclusively to Republican candidates.  Also, his whole schtick - like Mandel’s - is being a pro-violent insurrection internet troll.  There’s really no meaningful difference between Vance and Mandel.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #714 on: November 08, 2021, 02:03:45 PM »

Vance supports the government seizing a the assets of companies with board members who don’t donate exclusively to Republican candidates.  Also, his whole schtick - like Mandel’s - is being a pro-violent insurrection internet troll.  There’s really no meaningful difference between Vance and Mandel.
And let us all remember Vance has zero values or morals. He literally slammed Trump in 2016 and there are multiple instances of him criticizing him(even on immigration) and now he's completely changed his views? Give me a break! Mandel and Vance are BOTH opportunists and say whatever is convenient at the time.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #715 on: November 08, 2021, 05:47:41 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2021, 05:52:54 PM by RoboWop »

What is disappointing?

Anti-semtism and racism, classic combo.

Look at their endorsement lists and tell me this is not true.

Vance is the candidate whose support comes from serious people who care about policies that actually affect the future of this country (Lighthizer, O'Brien, Banks). Timken has the advantage of support within the state and can claim to authentically represent the state, which also gives her an edge over the two and probably Vance as well, but it doesn't appear she'll keep up with him.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #716 on: November 08, 2021, 09:17:26 PM »

Timken wins primary by 5.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #717 on: November 09, 2021, 06:03:35 AM »

Idk why but my gut feeling is that Vance is gonna end up winning by a pretty wide margin. I think him and Mandel are both clearly fakers but Vance has the more convincing shtick at the end of the day.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #718 on: November 09, 2021, 09:48:22 AM »

Idk why but my gut feeling is that Vance is gonna end up winning by a pretty wide margin. I think him and Mandel are both clearly fakers but Vance has the more convincing shtick at the end of the day.

The last poll had Mandel only up by 4 DONT COUNT CHOCKENS, , DEwine is gonna win bye 10 not Mandel

Don't count chickens the very  best case scenario is Dems winning 54/46 only if Jackson runs against KcCrory along with Ryan not Beasley or Demings whom remind voter of Kamala Harris.

Don't count chickens 🐔🐔🐔 before they hatch a yr before an election
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #719 on: November 10, 2021, 10:47:10 AM »

Mandel is a grifter who shallowly offers praises of Trump and hardline platitudes to cover his own lack of ideological convictions. Vance is actually ideological and offers his own brand of paternalistic conservatism. It's clear through articles and online rhetoric who the left is laughing at, and who the left actually sees as a threat.

In regards to who will win the primary, it's clear through polling that Vance is making up for his initial lack of name recognition compared to Mandel.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #720 on: November 10, 2021, 10:55:03 AM »

Again, I am just waiting for Mandel to attack Vance for having a brown wife.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #721 on: November 10, 2021, 12:10:29 PM »

Mandel is a grifter who shallowly offers praises of Trump and hardline platitudes to cover his own lack of ideological convictions. Vance is actually ideological and offers his own brand of paternalistic conservatism. It's clear through articles and online rhetoric who the left is laughing at, and who the left actually sees as a threat.

In regards to who will win the primary, it's clear through polling that Vance is making up for his initial lack of name recognition compared to Mandel.

In what universe does Vance have ideological convictions?
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #722 on: November 10, 2021, 12:22:32 PM »

High-risk, low reward.

First, consider that a lot of the groyper types are more ambivalent about this kind of interracial marriage than any other. The thought process goes: Asian woman -> closer to "trad" culture -> less feminism.

Secondly, if hardcore mudslinging like that doesn't backfire, it proves all kinds of dogwhistles can work. Then Vance can just respond with blatant antisemitism, which probably has more staying power.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #723 on: November 10, 2021, 12:28:18 PM »

High-risk, low reward.

First, consider that a lot of the groyper types are more ambivalent about this kind of interracial marriage than any other. The thought process goes: Asian woman -> closer to "trad" culture -> less feminism.

Secondly, if hardcore mudslinging like that doesn't backfire, it proves all kinds of dogwhistles can work. Then Vance can just respond with blatant antisemitism, which probably has more staying power.

Also, Mandel is already in the driver’s seat.  He doesn’t gain anything from making such an attack.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #724 on: November 10, 2021, 02:06:20 PM »

High-risk, low reward.

Also, Mandel is already in the driver’s seat.  He doesn’t gain anything from making such an attack.

Mandel isn't in the Driver's seat he is tied to leading by 4 pts against Ryan and if  BBB Iden Approvals get anywhere ne as r 50% Mandel is done, we won't know until Aug 2022 what Biden Approvals are after 2 bills and Debt Ceiling are raised

Do many people don't want to make bold Predictions for 2022/ but Mandel is in the driver's seat for the primary
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies