OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:23:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 75
Author Topic: OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance  (Read 94956 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: August 02, 2021, 04:14:28 PM »

Cook and Sabato have OH, NC, FL and IA Lean R it's not changing til next Summer, 2022, check back next Summer and we need a MASON DIXON(MXDX) POLL TO PROVE IT, BECAISE THEY POLL LV NOT RV

THE ONLY POLL WE HAD FROM THIS RACE WAS PPP VANCE AND MANDEL 39/37 RYAN ON THAT AMY ACTON POLL THAT HAD DS TIES

BUT NAN WHALEY IS GONNA GET BLANCHED, SHE IS A DISASTER TO DEFEAT DEWINE OR RENACCI
Mail-order President
Dark Horse

Political Matrix
E: 0.50, S: -3.00

P P P
« Reply #576 on: August 02, 2021, 04:18:05 PM »

With all the comparisons of Ohio now being what Missouri was 10 years ago , remember 10 years ago the GOP ran Todd Akin for the senate and lost that race.

While I have this race as Likely R, Josh Mandel has the potential to be the Todd Akin of this race and blow it
Akin was running in a Democratic leaning year against an incumbent where polarization was far lower than it is now. OH isn't a swing state anymore and a Democratic midterm won't flip it.

MO was also not that Republican at that time although it was trending GOP. Obama almost won MO in 2008 and had voted in a Democratic governor by double-digits twice. It was more purple than OH is now.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #577 on: August 02, 2021, 04:46:38 PM »

With all the comparisons of Ohio now being what Missouri was 10 years ago , remember 10 years ago the GOP ran Todd Akin for the senate and lost that race.

While I have this race as Likely R, Josh Mandel has the potential to be the Todd Akin of this race and blow it

I don't know. Barring a Roy Moore-Martha Coakley situation, OH and MO are Likely R........Tim Ryan is a good candidate and he should win, but Ohio has turned red....same thing with MO and FL and IA.....Likely R until further notice
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #578 on: August 02, 2021, 05:53:02 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2021, 05:56:17 PM by Mr. Kanye West »

https://news.yahoo.com/whered-ohio-swing-state-went-040000589.html

Here's any excellent article about OH

What have Tim Ryan and Nan Whaley really done since deciding to run for Sen and Gov really, they need to do more than ask for my bey, Ryan isn't even a Jan 6th Commissioner in order to win in a red state you have to do more

Like Sherrod Brown he has gone on MSNBC and talked about programs like WARREN

That's why they both along with candidats in NC are underdogs after going from favs when Biden had better APPROVAL
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #579 on: August 02, 2021, 05:58:02 PM »

Akin was running in a Democratic leaning year against an incumbent where polarization was far lower than it is now. OH isn't a swing state anymore and a Democratic midterm won't flip it.

MO was also not that Republican at that time although it was trending GOP. Obama almost won MO in 2008 and had voted in a Democratic governor by double-digits twice. It was more purple than OH is now.

Romney won MO by a larger margin than Trump won MO, and I am not saying its purple just that a Todd Akin situation seems possible in this race
Mail-order President
Dark Horse

Political Matrix
E: 0.50, S: -3.00

P P P
« Reply #580 on: August 02, 2021, 07:05:28 PM »

Romney won MO by a larger margin than Trump won MO, and I am not saying its purple just that a Todd Akin situation seems possible in this race
Romney won MO by single digits while Trump won MO by 15%+ twice. I don't see how what Mandel is tweeting is going to hurt him. With this level of polarization, no one will be swayed to vote for the Democrat in OH.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #581 on: August 02, 2021, 08:01:10 PM »

Romney won MO by single digits while Trump won MO by 15%+ twice. I don't see how what Mandel is tweeting is going to hurt him. With this level of polarization, no one will be swayed to vote for the Democrat in OH.

Im comparing todays OH to 2012 Missouri not 2012 MO to 2022 MO. Its not Mandel tweets, he just seems like someone who can self desturct like Akin and I dont have this race as tossup as I have it as Likely R(Safe R with Vance or Timken)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #582 on: August 02, 2021, 08:05:41 PM »

The Gov race is Safe R, but the Senate race is a wave insurance seat
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #583 on: August 03, 2021, 04:01:49 AM »

Safe R for now
Lognog
United States

« Reply #584 on: August 03, 2021, 12:30:33 PM »

finally a decent take
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #585 on: August 03, 2021, 02:21:29 PM »

Josh Mande's twitter is pretty cringe.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #586 on: August 03, 2021, 05:59:55 PM »

Mandel's Twitter feed reminds me of when I was a ninth grader and wasted half my summer break getting a rise out of people on YouTube together with my buddy. He should really leave this whole 'trigger the libs' thing to Ron Johnson, who doesn’t even need Twitter for it.

As for him being another potential Akin, it’s worth noting that MO Democrats in general had a history of outperforming the top of the ticket substantially in a way that OH Democrats haven’t, even when there was no Akin involved — compare OH-SEN 2016 and MO-SEN 2016, two races in which both Republicans were 'establishment' insiders/notably different from Trump in terms of style/branding. I agree that Republicans have a lot better options than Mandel here, but on the other hand, you’d rather run the 'weakest' realistic (so not Vance) nominee next year than play with fire by putting them up against Brown in 2024.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #587 on: August 04, 2021, 10:38:56 AM »

lol.

SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #588 on: August 04, 2021, 11:01:06 AM »

Primary polling is even worse than general election polling. Throw it in the trash.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #589 on: August 04, 2021, 12:24:48 PM »

Great news for Ryan, the Gov race is obviously Safe R but the Senate race is wave insurance, if it's Josh Mandel, Ryan will win

Sherrod Brown promises to campaign for Ryan
Rjjr77
« Reply #590 on: August 11, 2021, 11:44:07 PM »

1. Barring a disaster, Tim Ryan wont win this race.
2. Mandel is leading, but has a hard capped ceiling in the high 30's
3. Timken should be leading but is floundering.
4. JD Vance is a media creation with no support in the state.
5. Watch out for Bernie Moreno, outsider with a big fundraising ability who is the only one outside of the top 2 with a chance to catch fire.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #591 on: August 12, 2021, 01:41:40 AM »

They need to poll OH Sen what are they holding back on or PPP will be remembered as R2K polls or better known as Research 2000 for putting up that poll with Amy Acton ahead in March

R2k polls showed Strickland ahead of Kasich as was banned for lying about that race too in 2010, Kasich beat Strickland

QU also had Biden ahead of Trump the final weekend of Election 2020
JMT

« Reply #592 on: August 18, 2021, 12:40:14 PM »

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #593 on: August 18, 2021, 01:10:42 PM »

Oooooo I'm intrigued.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #594 on: August 18, 2021, 01:15:32 PM »

Lol Ryan has been fundraising out of the ☑️ box, it's a Lean R state but Ryan is the Nominee
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #595 on: August 18, 2021, 02:49:16 PM »

Oooooo I'm intrigued.

Why?  Her last primary campaign against Joyce Beatty was a joke
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #596 on: August 18, 2021, 02:58:34 PM »

Josh Mandel has an advantage now in this race and Pat McCrory because Biden screwed up Afghanistan and Josh Mandel is a Military Vet and serve like Pete Buttigieg

The Rs are licking their chopa in these critical Wave insurance seats that's why they won't show polls in them because D's are losing in them

I am almost certain now that D's will hold 51 or 52 seats depending on what happens in AZ, GA, NV and NH after Afghanistan, not NC, IA, FL and OH

Let's be real Biden is at 47% and he didn't win wave insurance seats even at 51/46%

safe R, but Johnson is gone we won WI and the last two of his Election he won by 350K votes

Safe R WI is on par with SN maps of 2020
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #597 on: August 18, 2021, 03:13:14 PM »

Oooooo I'm intrigued.

I like progressives and I prefer supporting women, especially women of color, in primaries where possible.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #598 on: August 18, 2021, 03:53:54 PM »

Oooooo I'm intrigued.

I like progressives and I prefer supporting women, especially women of color, in primaries where possible.

I agree with you both. She isn't going to come close to winning, but I don't see any downside to having her in the race. She is not toxic, she is not a Nina Turner type. She has praised the Biden administration.
Girlytree
Rookie
United States

« Reply #599 on: August 18, 2021, 11:53:53 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2021, 08:14:17 AM by Girlytree »

Expect a Nina Turner endorsement for Harper any second now.

Update: Well well well,
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies