New York Attorney General
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:54:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New York Attorney General
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New York Attorney General  (Read 1392 times)
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 19, 2006, 01:39:38 PM »

Does anyone have poll data or predictions for this?

This is the only statewide race in New York where Republicans actually nominated a credible candidate, Jeanine Pirro.  She is running against Andrew Cuomo who is not very well liked and lost the Democratic primary for governor in 2002.  I am thinking other Democrats will carry Cuomo to victory, but Pirro is all that bad of a lady, I would actually consider voting for her if I wasn't disenfranchised Tongue.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 04:41:17 PM »

Cuomo will win this running away, even without the Spitzer & Clinton landslides on the top of the ticket, Cuomo would win.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 04:59:15 PM »

Pirro really screwed up by running and aborting the Senate campaign.  She'd have had a chance to beat Cuomo had she always had her sights set on the AG position (although she'd still be an underdog).  We'll probably see some Quinnipiac data on the statewide races other than Gov. come September, I seem to vaguely remember that from 2002.  Cuomo should win by a solid margin.  New York is a handful of months away from becoming a one-party state.
Jacobtm

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 11:04:05 PM »

Pirro has no chance. She was the district attorney for my county before leaving  the post to seek higher office. Her main accomplishments were staying in office despite the fact that her husband was deep in the mafia, and making sure kids who used "safe rides" to get home while drunk were promptly arrested after stepping out of the car.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 11:08:47 PM »

Pirro has no chance. She was the district attorney for my county before leaving  the post to seek higher office. Her main accomplishments were staying in office despite the fact that her husband was deep in the mafia, and making sure kids who used "safe rides" to get home while drunk were promptly arrested after stepping out of the car.

Speaking about her husband wasn't he just arrested again?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies