Lincoln Labor Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:45:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Lincoln Labor Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Lincoln Labor Headquarters  (Read 968 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 23, 2021, 07:00:35 PM »
« edited: May 27, 2021, 10:32:48 PM by KaiserDave »

Lincoln Labor: A Region For All

Welcome to the headquarters of Lincoln Labor. The party fighting for all Lincolnites, and a region that belongs to us all of us, and not a privileged few. We're the party that's fighting for jobs, wages, and healthcare in the Council. Together, we can fight to make Lincoln a better place.
Lincoln Labor is:
-Fighting Against the Value Added Tax
-Fighting for Stronger Unions
-Fighting for High Paying Jobs
-Fighting for Fiscal Solvency
-Fighting for Working Families against Monied Interests
Here, we'll be posting announcements, statements, and all matter of written work. Our central Headquarters is in Gary Indiana, and we have offices in the Bronx, Springfield (IL), Akron, and Boston. More to come!

Officeholders:
Senators: Blair, Pericles
Governor: KaiserDave
Deputies: JoeInator, Misteer, Leinad
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 09:25:49 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2021, 09:28:55 PM by KaiserDave »

Election Results Recap

The results are in from Lincoln and around Atlasia, and the people have spoken. In Lincoln all three Laborites running for reelection were sent back to office with a mandate to keep fighting for the people of Lincoln, and to stand by the working families of our region. Make no mistake, this election is a mandate from the people of Lincoln to keep fighting for the people of this region, and to keep sending bills to desk of Governor R2D2 to benefit the good people of this region. We plan to pass our budget, a balanced one that will invest in the prosperity of the people of Lincoln. There will be no favor to special interests or organized money, there will just be honest, spirited, and constant representation of our voters.

We welcome back Brother Jonathan to the council, who has been a partner and a good faith representative. I for one am particularly to happy to see a legislator and an intellectual of his standing returned to the Council. We congratulate IBNU on his victory and welcome him to the Council as well.

Going forward, we promise to continue vigorously campaigning for the people of Lincoln. We understand that many people are frustrated with the state of politics, and feel that their representatives are not listening to them. You deserve a government you can trust, and Lincoln Labor will work tirelessly to make that happen by legislating for the benefit of the people, and by being transparent in our intentions and our plan if elected.

That's all for now!

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 02:20:26 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2021, 02:39:53 PM by KaiserDave »

Callous Betrayal of the People

It had not even been a day after the swearing in of new office holders in the Lincoln Council when Dwarven Dragon callously betrayed the voters of Lincoln and switched parties, giving control of government to previously the opposition. But it was how Dwarven Dragon betrayed the voters of Lincoln that concerns Lincoln Labor. The voters elected him as a Labor Party member, to fight for working people, and to represent them in the Council. Voters voted well over 50% for a Labor government. Dwarven Dragon chose to ignore the will of the voters for his own political ambition. He betrayed the people, and he abused the trust of Lincolnites.

Lincoln Labor understands those who have genuine changes of heart, and whose political convictions adjust when new realities come into being. It is an admirable quality to acknowledge when one is wrong. But to so callously and cynically betray the voters, so soon after they had voted, is no virtue at all. Lincolnites will remember this, and the next time they vote, their voice will be loud and clear.

Until then Lincoln Labor will fight hard for proposals that improve the livelihoods of working people, and while we will work with the other side when we agree, we won't hesitate to fight hard when we think they're wrong.

Solidarity!

Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 02:31:59 PM »

I literally just voted to keep the Laborite Chancellor, so I am respecting the voters will, but whatever helps you sleep at night Kaiser
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 02:54:18 PM »

Councillor Wulfric should resign his seat at the first possible chance, to see if the voters of the Lincoln region agree with his change of mind. He can (and should) run in the subsequent special election.

They voted for him, not the party he was in. He’s still the same Dwarven Dragon. I think he just woke up. I guess the machine doesn’t like free thinking people lol.

Atlasia may not have closed party lists, but a good 90% of the voters vote based on party, not candidate. People voted him because he was a Laborite, and there would have been little to no chance of Wulfric winning if he ran with the DA.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 02:59:04 PM »

If Wulfric believes he still has the trust of the people he should immediately resign and run in the subsequent special election.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2021, 02:59:43 PM »

Did Labor forget about what they did with a House seat in August?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2021, 03:01:29 PM »

Indeed Lakigigar did resign his House seat! Wink
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2021, 03:02:35 PM »

Indeed Lakigigar did resign his House seat! Wink

Did they elect a Labor representative to hold it?
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2021, 03:05:34 PM »

No current members of Lincoln Labor took part in the raid. If you are going to attack the national party here, I will direct you to the title of this thread.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2021, 03:07:30 PM »

No current members of Lincoln Labor took part in the raid.

The raid put a Lincoln Labor member in the House.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2021, 03:22:11 PM »

No current members of Lincoln Labor took part in the raid. If you are going to attack the national party here, I will direct you to the title of this thread.
Adam Griffin is a Laborite and lives in Lincoln.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2021, 03:24:05 PM »

What political ambition, as Wulfric was elected as a Laborite in the house and I highly doubt that he would have been elected had he been a centrist Indy and it must be genuine, not something for political ambition
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2021, 03:24:39 PM »

I was more referring to active players (but fair point.) You Still can’t say the regional party condoned the raid though and filling a vacant seat is certainly very different from a party switch.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2021, 03:26:24 PM »

I was more referring to active players (but fair point.) You Still can’t say the regional party condoned the raid though and filling a vacant seat is certainly very different from a party switch.
Adam Griffin is a active player by the fact that he was active on discord and was selected to be an representative.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2021, 03:27:22 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2021, 03:34:08 PM by FalterinArc »

Adam Griffin is a active player by the fact that he was active on discord and was selected to be an representative.
No, but he is not currently active in the game and he is not a part of Lincoln Labor’s decision making. The only ones involved in official statements are current players.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2021, 03:40:07 PM »

Labor good, everyone else bad, we get it.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2021, 03:41:57 PM »

Precisely!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2021, 03:51:23 PM »

Nah, Peace is also good. See, we can be nice guys, FF too Smiley
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2021, 05:10:32 PM »

I don't know why this is so hard for some people to grasp.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2021, 06:22:56 PM »

good riddance
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2021, 11:07:18 PM »

Pericles for Senate!

Lincoln has a big choice to make very soon. With a vacant Senate seat, Lincoln has a big say in the direction of the country after the coming election. We can choose dysfunction, treachery, and unreliable leadership, or we can choose happiness, growth, and progressive government. The latter will come with a fortnight and confident vote for Pericles! Pericles is a constant champion of working people, and he is a tried and tested warrior on behalf of the people. As Senator he'll fight for a robust recovery from COVID-19, he'll go big and go bold with the recovery, and he'll make sure it's a progressive recovery that doesn't leave working people behind.

We can't trust his opponent to stop redistribution of wealth from poor to the super rich or trust him much at all, but we can trust Pericles. Pericles will fight for a fair, content society, with a bright future for every Atlasian. It's for that reason Lincoln Labor entirely supports PERICLES for Senate.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2021, 10:47:10 PM »

Brooklyn, New York

Friends! Countrymen! Today I stand before you proud, proud of the work we've achieved in Lincoln. It wasn't very long ago when I made my first foray into public office. I declared I would work for more COVID-19 Aid, more rail expansion, and that I would fight tirelessly to stop a sales tax. Today as I speak to you there are plans to expand LincolnRail into more parts of Lincoln, reducing the rural-urban divide and the sales tax is a dead idea. Unfortunately due to delay's involving computation and calculation of the Budget, we have not been able to pass certain COVID-19 aid ideas I envisioned, or a bipartisan tax plan with Councillor Jonathan I had imagined.

This delay is however, while not directly related, emblematic of a larger crisis of dysfunction in Lincoln. Lincoln is widely derided as dysfunctional, as incapable. It's viewed as that one region that can't seem to figure things out. While I'm proud of what I've accomplished on the Council, Lincoln remains in a state of inertia. It's not the fault of the legislators, far from it. Councillors like Brother Jonathan, who I've had the pleasure to work with, Chancellor S019, and Governor R2D2 clearly want to get things done. They have an agenda, they have good intentions, and while we may disagree on some things, they have good, decent, substantive policy they'd like to see passed.

No it is not the fault of the legislators, but rather a broken system, that is bureaucratic, and overburdening. The Philadelphia Plan serves as an obstacle to progress, and in these trying times we need change, we need progress, we need leadership that is able to be proactive, and not bogged down by a system that requires that 40% of the entire legislator be elected to various governmental positions. A system that splits the executive, a system that makes it unclear who represents you, and who is leading the government. It's a system that from my experience on the Council, is no longer working. At the beginning of my tenure I was unwilling to rock the boat, wanting to wait and see. Well I have waited and I have seen, and it's high time to do something.

So today I stand before you to throw my hat in the ring. I will be a candidate for Lincoln governor this month. I stand before you as the candidate for a new constitution. Piecemeal reforms are good and proper, but I'd like to see a new system that can allow us to actually work. However, I will support anything to improve the current system, incremental, immediate, or otherwise.

I stand for the working man as I have my entire career. I stand for Unions, and I stand against plutocracy. I stand for a market economy that rewards work over well connectedness, one that gives the same shot to every citizen, and one that puts government on the side of the many rather than the few. I stand for the small businesses being shoved to the margins by mega-corporations. I stand for the impoverished who deserve better than the status quo. Simply put I stand for a Better Lincoln.

The people are there, the legislators are there who want change. Let's do it! I run for this Better Lincoln, and I hope you'll join me, thank you!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2021, 11:09:46 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2021, 11:15:27 PM by KaiserDave »

Congratulations to all the new Deputies of the General Court, and especially all the wonderful new Labor deputies, and our new Liberal friend. This is truly a great victory, particularly the adoption of a new constitution. The people have spoken, and the people want progress!
-Lincoln Labor
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2021, 11:14:18 PM »

Congratulations Lincoln on passing the Third Constitution and crushing the Corrupt Council Majority!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies