Where would you rather live?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:39:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Where would you rather live?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
North Korea

Somalia

Mississippi Delta, 1933

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: Where would you rather live?  (Read 416 times)
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 23, 2021, 04:34:46 PM »

And why?
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 04:47:08 PM »

The Delta, to see the Delta blues scene firsthand.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 05:23:58 PM »

Selfishly, the Delta. But I wouldn’t enjoy the segregation.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 12:12:03 AM »

If you wanted to make this challenging, then you would have picked the Delta in 1927.  Not a good year to be in the Delta.
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 06:04:22 PM »

The Delta. Definitely the safest of the three options. I would probably get flack from other whites for being against segregation though.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 07:06:03 AM »

The Delta. Definitely the safest of the three options. I would probably get flack from other whites for being against segregation though.
you'd probably get more than flack, whites who defied segregation were targets of social ostracized at the minimum with any fraternization with an African american outside of social bonds leading to extreme violence against you and any unfortunate African American.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 07:19:14 AM »

you'd probably get more than flack, whites who defied segregation were targets of social ostracized at the minimum with any fraternization with an African american outside of social bonds leading to extreme violence against you and any unfortunate African American.
How would you do if you said “The Confederacy was built on Tyranny little different than the people that the Communists overthrew” and talked about their “founding fathers” were horrible people who committed treason while defending Reconstruction???
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2021, 08:03:38 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2021, 08:26:02 AM by Liberal Hack »

How would you do if you said “The Confederacy was built on Tyranny little different than the people that the Communists overthrew” and talked about their “founding fathers” were horrible people who committed treason while defending Reconstruction???
Your home burnt and run out of town by an angry mob, you might even be lynched(uncommon but not unheard of fate for whites perceived as N**** Lovers back then)
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2021, 08:24:12 AM »

Your home burnt and run out of town by an angry mob, you might even be lynched(uncommong but not unheard of fate for whites perceived as N**** Lovers back then)

That’s an understatement.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2021, 12:08:59 PM »

I’m a white man so this is an easy choice.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2021, 12:34:17 PM »

North part of Somalia is actually kinda nice. Plus they have electricity there.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2021, 01:28:06 PM »

Your home burnt and run out of town by an angry mob, you might even be lynched(uncommon but not unheard of fate for whites perceived as N**** Lovers back then)

By the 1930s, weren’t most people in the Deep South over the whole Civil War? I can imagine of nothing else they were anti-slavery at that point. 
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2021, 01:34:25 PM »

By the 1930s, weren’t most people in the Deep South over the whole Civil War? I can imagine of nothing else they were anti-slavery at that point. 

Is this low-quality bait, or do the words "Lost Cause" mean nothing to you?
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2021, 06:43:02 PM »

Is this low-quality bait, or do the words "Lost Cause" mean nothing to you?
They romanticized slavery back then and implied it was a good thing.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2021, 12:31:38 PM »

North Korea is Best Korea! I'd love to live under the Glorious Leadership of Dear Leader Marshal Kim Jong Un! Cheesy

(now seriously, #3)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies