Communitarianism v Libertarianism. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:20:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Communitarianism v Libertarianism. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Lets have Bob Casey Sr. represented as a Communitarian and Ron Paul as a Libertarian.
Bob Casey Sr.

Ron Paul

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: Communitarianism v Libertarianism.  (Read 1812 times)
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 25, 2021, 01:46:54 PM »
« edited: February 01, 2021, 09:40:33 PM by MarkD »

In terms of how I interpret the Constitution, I am sure that it allows Communitarianism.
In terms of how I would prefer to vote on the issues, I lean towards Libertarianism.

For example, I am certain that Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey should be overturned. Those decisions clearly misinterpreted the U.S. Constitution, the Due Process Clause in particular. But if and when those decisions are overturned, then I would support my state having liberal abortion policies, allowing abortion in most circumstances. Also, I am certain that Obergefell v. Hodges was wrongly decided. But have been hoping, all along, that every state would choose to legalize SSM on their own, without any court requiring them to do so. In terms of economic policy, I am opposed to minimum wage laws of any kind, much less seeing the minimum wage law increased every so often. But there were four occasions in the early 20th Century when the Supreme Court struck down minimum wage laws, claiming that said laws violate a constitutionally-guaranteed right of employers to hire employees who would willingly work for sub-minimum wages; all of those decisions were also incorrect interpretations of the Constitution.

So if I were to apply my judicial philosophy, I would vote for Casey, but if I were to apply my political goals, I would vote for Paul.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies