Opinion of Mississippi? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:23:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Mississippi? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FS

HS

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Author Topic: Opinion of Mississippi?  (Read 2682 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: January 21, 2021, 09:33:59 PM »

I lived in Mississippi for just under a year. Obviously, that does not make me an expert on the state, but it definitely beat my (admittedly low) expectations.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 11:29:27 PM »

Not the worst state in the union imho, and i think that when doing an evaluation of a state, it is important to look at it how it is NOW, not nearly two hundred years ago, or even fifty years ago. It is important to acknowledge these things, but it is equally important to put that aside when doing a modern look
50th in income,49th in life expectancy,49th in college attainment. It's in a terrible condition.
Also 1st in black population, many of them rural, and no federal government gravy train next door. There are historical inequalities that have yet to be made right, but sh**tting on the state and writing it off doesn't do a thing.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 02:44:26 AM »

As has been alluded to, I don't know if I could live there for ... so many reasons.  However, I find the state interesting, and I would love to visit one day.  Tailgating at The Grove at Ole Miss has always been on my college sports bucket list, and I'm a beach bum at heart, so I could probably find some fun to be had in the Gulf Shores area.  I voted FS simply because I think most states are FS, but Mississippi is near the bottom of the list.

Hate to break it to you, but Gulf Shores=Alabama

Thought it was just a regional name for the Gulf coast in MS, AL and Western FL.  I guess replace it with “the beach.”
Gulf Shores is an actual town in Alabama.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies