FT 18.07 Internal Security Act (Statute)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:03:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 18.07 Internal Security Act (Statute)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 18.07 Internal Security Act (Statute)  (Read 388 times)
Anna Komnene
Siren

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 20, 2021, 07:46:45 PM »
« edited: February 04, 2021, 07:58:54 PM by Anna Komnene »

AN ACT
to ensure domestic tranquility

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Internal Security Act."
ii. As it appears in this legislation, "White supremacy" and "White supremacist" refer to any person, group, or ideology who assert the biological, intellectual, or cultural supremacy of the White race with respect to other races, or advocating for separation or segregation on the basis of race.
iii. As it appears in this legislation, "anti-democratic" refers to any person, group, or ideology who advocate for the seizure of civil or military power by any except peaceful and democratic means.

Section 2 (Internal Security Commission)
i. The first minister shall appoint the members of a special commission under the purview of the Ministry of Justice to investigate the extent of White supremacist and anti-democratic influence within law enforcement and the Frémont National Guard.
ii. The style of the commission shall be, the Internal Security Commission (ISC).
iii. The commission shall have full authority to make all inquiries regarding the affiliation of commonwealth, state, and municipal police and officers and enlisted men of the Frémont National Guard with White supremacist or anti-democratic groups.
iv. The commission shall furthermore have full authority to make all inquiries regarding the acceptance of White supremacy or anti-democratic views by commonwealth, state, and municipal police and officers and enlisted men of the Frémont National Guard.
v. No later than 1 July 2021, the commission shall submit a final report to the first minister and the minister for justice recommending the dismissal of police, officers, and enlisted men found to be affiliated with White supremacist and anti-democratic groups, or to harbor White supremacist or anti-democratic views.
(a) Police, officers, and enlisted men shall have a right to appeal their dismissal to the commission.
vi. Beginning 1 January 2023, and every second year thereafter, the commission shall make regular biannual reviews of law enforcement and the Frémont National Guard.

Section 3 (Screening of new hires)
i. All persons hired as police by the Commonwealth of Frémont, the states and municipalities thereof, and all who enlist in the Frémont National Guard, or are commissioned officers thereof, shall submit to a background check by the ISC, and if discovered to be affiliated with any White supremacist or anti-democratic group, or to harbor such sympathies, shall be immediately dismissed, or dishonorably discharged.
Sponsor: Harry S Truman

The floor is open for debate!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 11:11:09 AM »

My thanks to the speaker.

As we have lately seen in the fascinating and eerily-realistic computer simulation known as "real life," the security of our communities and indeed our commonwealth is placed in jeopardy when fascistic and anti-democratic sentiments are allowed to fester in the divisions tasked with defending the people of Frémont against terrorists and violent criminals. It is essential, both for public faith in our institutions, and for the actual security of Frémont, (not to mention the safety of the vast majority of loyal officers) that these elements be exorcised without delay. Accordingly, I am proposing to create a special commission within the Ministry of Justice to investigate the extent of White supremacism and terrorist sympathies within police and the Frémont National Guard, and to require all future hires and enlistees undergo a background check with regard to current or past affiliation with fascist or White supremacist groups.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 11:54:59 PM »

I've been hearing so much about this "real life" thing. It sounds terrifying.

I do think that trust of law enforcement/military is central to a functioning civil society, especially for something so basic as our human rights to life, liberty, and representative government. When push comes to shove, you want to believe that the people protecting your freedom will be on your side. And we've seen what can happen when that isn't the case.

With that said, I think there should be some kind of standard of evidence to cross for these dismissal decisions and/or some mechanism to ensure the ISC itself is objective. I'm not sure how it would work.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 05:43:13 AM »

I understand the concern for the potential presence of people devoted to a cause that's incompatible with the mission of enforcing the law on behalf of the community, but this gives me uncomfortable throwbacks, and in any case:

With that said, I think there should be some kind of standard of evidence to cross for these dismissal decisions and/or some mechanism to ensure the ISC itself is objective. I'm not sure how it would work.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 08:39:03 AM »

I'm happy to entertain any amendment the house should feel is appropriate to establish a standard for objectivity. Perhaps we could establish a review commission made up of randomly chosen judges to hear appeals?
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 01:04:35 AM »

I'm happy to entertain any amendment the house should feel is appropriate to establish a standard for objectivity. Perhaps we could establish a review commission made up of randomly chosen judges to hear appeals?

Fine with me.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 06:05:04 PM »

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2021, 06:17:35 PM »

Proposing an amendment, then.

AN ACT

Section 1 (Title)
ii. As it appears in this legislation, "White supremacy" and "White supremacist" refer to any person, group, or ideology who assert the biological, intellectual, or cultural supremacy of the White race with respect to other races, or advocating for separation or segregation on the basis of race.
iii. As it appears in this legislation, "anti-democratic" refers to any person, group, or ideology who advocate for the seizure of civil or military power by any except peaceful and democratic means.

i. The first minister shall appoint the members of a special commission under the purview of the Ministry of Justice to investigate the extent of White supremacist and anti-democratic influence within law enforcement and the Frémont National Guard.
ii. The style of the commission shall be, the Internal Security Commission (ISC).
iii. The commission shall have full authority to make all inquiries regarding the affiliation of commonwealth, state, and municipal police and officers and enlisted men of the Frémont National Guard with White supremacist or anti-democratic groups.
iv. The commission shall furthermore have full authority to make all inquiries regarding the acceptance of White supremacy or anti-democratic views by commonwealth, state, and municipal police and officers and enlisted men of the Frémont National Guard.
v. No later than 1 July 2021, the commission shall submit a final report to the first minister and the minister for justice recommending the dismissal of police, officers, and enlisted men found to be affiliated with White supremacist and anti-democratic groups, or to harbor White supremacist or anti-democratic views.
(a) Police, officers, and enlisted men shall have a right to appeal their dismissal to the commission.
vi. Beginning 1 January 2023, and every second year thereafter, the commission shall make regular biannual reviews of law enforcement and the Frémont National Guard.

i. All persons hired as police by the Commonwealth of Frémont, the states and municipalities thereof, and all who enlist in the Frémont National Guard, or are commissioned officers thereof, shall submit to a background check by the ISC, and if discovered to be affiliated with any White supremacist or anti-democratic group, or to harbor such sympathies, shall be immediately dismissed, or dishonorably discharged.

Section 4 (Board of Review)
i. Decisions by the commission which result in the dismissal or dishonorable discharge of an individual may be appealed to a board of review established by the Ministry of Justice to hear a particular appeal.
ii. The board shall be composed of five members, chosen randomly from a pool of the judges of the courts of the several constituent states of this commonwealth.

YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2021, 02:00:48 AM »

No objections.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2021, 07:26:41 PM »

The amendment is adopted.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2021, 04:00:08 PM »

I'll motion for a final vote on this bill. 24 hours for objections.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2021, 06:10:49 PM »

With no objections, we'll have a final vote on this bill. Members please vote AYE, NAY, or ABSTAIN.

AN ACT

Section 1 (Title)

(a) Police, officers, and enlisted men shall have a right to appeal their dismissal.

i. Decisions by the commission which result in the dismissal or dishonorable discharge of an individual may be appealed to a board of review established by the Ministry of Justice to hear a particular appeal.
ii. The board shall be composed of five members, chosen randomly from a pool of the judges of the courts of the several constituent states of this commonwealth.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2021, 06:17:18 PM »

Aye
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2021, 06:32:43 PM »

Abstain
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2021, 06:52:06 PM »

Aye.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2021, 12:24:07 AM »

Aye
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2021, 12:28:21 AM »

With 3 votes in favor and 1 abstention, this bill passes the Frémont Parliament.

AN ACT

Section 1 (Title)

(a) Police, officers, and enlisted men shall have a right to appeal their dismissal.

Frémont House of Commons
Passed 3-0-1 in the Frémont Parliament Assembled,

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2021, 11:31:41 AM »

AN ACT

Section 1 (Title)

Frémont House of Commons
Passed 3-0-1 in the Frémont Parliament Assembled,

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies