Transition to one-party-system (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:17:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Transition to one-party-system (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Transition to one-party-system  (Read 3858 times)
Duro
Rookie
Ukraine
« on: January 20, 2021, 01:50:50 PM »

Is transition to one-party-system realistic in contemporary America? Lots of publications on this topic and Democrats plan
Duro
Rookie
Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 03:47:17 PM »

I mean The Democrats' plan that includes 3 obvious steps. 1. Legalize millions of immigrants. Millions of new citizens will gladly vote for the Democratic Party. Biden already announced 8 year plan, but it will be reduced to three years. 2. Expand SCOTUS. New members will be introduced to represent interests of the Democratic Party. 3.Form two new states from DC and Puerto Rico. People living there massively support Democrats who will get new senators to effectively control the upper chamber.
I like this plan. The Republicans that gave birth to Trump-monster must be eliminated from American politics.
Duro
Rookie
Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 04:34:41 PM »

I don't think there will ever be a one-party system in the US unless Republicans succeed in their efforts to destroy democracy. If the GOP somehow stopped being relevant, a new center-right party would take its place, probably the Libertarians.
I agree, but the first step is to remove Republicans from the political process, and the plan I described aims at it.
Duro
Rookie
Ukraine
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 04:57:43 PM »

I just want the Republicans to become Center-Right and not Trumpist
I would strongly advise you to get rid of senseless dreams https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tver_Address
Duro
Rookie
Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 09:00:01 PM »

The only way I'll believe in the possibility of US is transitioning to a one-party system is if the Democrats hold onto both chambers in 2022, even making gains in seats. That would be a sign that people are actually leaving the GOP.

I doubt it thought. the Republican brand is definitely tarnished, but that doesn't mean 47% of the voting populace can and will support them. It's vastly easier to imagine a re-brand than to imagine a one-party system
Rebranding is good but won't work if Trump forms his own party as he is currently planning. This will be a decisive blow to eradicate Republicans from American politics.
Duro
Rookie
Ukraine
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 05:46:06 AM »
« Edited: January 21, 2021, 05:49:46 AM by Duro »

Israel has transitioned into the Likud party, I don't see why not.  Also, the insurrection has damaged the well voters had on the he R party that's why Mcconnell is so angry with Trump, he single handily blew R chances in midterms.

We aren't gonna have another 2010 Election in 2022/ all of our races are in the 306/ EC votes that Biden won and D Govs have a 52% approval rating like Biden

Forget 2024/ Bob Casey Jr like Fetterman solidifies PA the most important battleground state

I don't think so. Nobody will remember the insurrection by 2022, let alone 2024.

Nobody will remember the insurrection... unless it occurs again.
Duro
Rookie
Ukraine
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 12:08:22 PM »

No more than any other western country usually being dominated more by one side than the other.

At the moment, the Republicans are still the dominant party at the state level, so the fact that democrats hold an extremely narrow trifecta federally doesn't really mean that much.

DC/PC statehood will only diminish the GOP's advantage in the senate, but they will still hold the advantage.

Packing the SC won't happen.

Too categorical. For me a one-party political system has two distinctions. 1) The party in power controls all branches of power, executive, legislative, judicial. 2) Other parties cannot come to power.
Democrats controlling Congress and Government, nothing can prevent them from increasing the nujber of SCOTUS members. Republicans weakened by chaotic and incompetent Trump rule, won't be able to win any elections in the next 5 years at least. If Trump realizes his plan to form his own party Republicans will disappear from the poltical stage. Democrats have a clear path for absolute dominance unless they make stupid mistakes.
Duro
Rookie
Ukraine
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 01:15:16 PM »

For what it is worth, for all of the references of the GOP "going the way of the Whigs", this would be them "going the way of the Federalists/early 18th century Tories".

The single party that emerges always splits in two though or devolves into factionalism then splits in two.
"always splits" is an oversimplification. Democrats may split or may not.
Duro
Rookie
Ukraine
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2021, 08:37:04 PM »

Comparison with Germany is incorrect since it is parliamentary Republic.
Duro
Rookie
Ukraine
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2021, 06:49:40 AM »

For what it is worth, for all of the references of the GOP "going the way of the Whigs", this would be them "going the way of the Federalists/early 18th century Tories".

The single party that emerges always splits in two though or devolves into factionalism then splits in two.

"always splits" is an oversimplification. Democrats may split or may not.
D's have the female vote, the D's won't split into two parties and we are the Majority

Are you seriously saying that a single party is going to hold 100% of the vote and not split at some point?
No need to have 100% of vote. Democrats will have steady majority in both chambers to take all decisions they think necessary. Republicans will be represented but will have no clout.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies