Japan 2021 Tokyo Metropolitan assembly elections (July) and Lower House Election Oct 31st (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:33:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Japan 2021 Tokyo Metropolitan assembly elections (July) and Lower House Election Oct 31st (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Japan 2021 Tokyo Metropolitan assembly elections (July) and Lower House Election Oct 31st  (Read 44979 times)
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« on: February 17, 2021, 06:18:54 PM »

Does Nippon Ishin have any growth potential or are they doomed to remain the Kansai Party? Also, how does their foreign and economic policy compare with that of the LDP? I was under the impression that the biggest differences are geographic but are there major areas of disagreement?
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 12:25:49 AM »

Do the CDP and DPP normally back the LDP in JRP-LDP elections?
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 01:34:40 AM »

Why is it that Ishin is so strong in Hyogo as opposed to Kyoto or Wakayama? Is it just that they're an overly urban party or is there some local dynamic I'm missing?

Also, in the event CDP were within range of forming a government (not saying that could happen this election) would they actually be likely to achieve anything or would they end up torn by internal dissent like the DPJ?
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2021, 09:31:04 PM »

Is there any chance that Kishida, Ishin and the DPP use their supermajority to amend the constitution to remove constraints on the JSDF? I noticed a few polls that had Ishin supporters as being considerably more hawkish than those of other parties (they had the strongest negative view of China and were the only one with a majority in support of acquiring nuclear weapons) but I'm not sure what the DPP's position on such revisions is. Komeito is at least ostensibly pacifistic though, so presumably they wouldn't be in support.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies