Permit for the Keystone XL pipeline to be canceled on Biden's first day (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:07:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Permit for the Keystone XL pipeline to be canceled on Biden's first day (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Permit for the Keystone XL pipeline to be canceled on Biden's first day  (Read 5278 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: January 18, 2021, 03:13:57 AM »

There you go. A totally crazy decision on the first day. Who knows how many more crazy decisions of this kind will hit us by January 2025.

Definitely a strong campaign point in 2022.

You joking?

This is a fantastic decision.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 03:19:16 PM »

It will be so good that America's President finally takes climate change seriously again, and he can lead the world rather than being left behind.

Can you explain how this helps with climate change? It just makes it more likely the oil at Cushing and other major terminals in Texas will be either domestic or from Venezuela/gulf states. It does not lower the amount of consumption of gasoline.

Sure. Domestic/Venezuelan/Gulf gas is way, way better for the environment than obscenely dirty tar sands oil. Everybody knows we're going to use oil in the 2020s, but we can at least not use tar sands oil. It's like the difference between anthracite and lignite coal. If we must use coal, using the former exclusively would least be less bad.

And cutting back where we can.

I have my misgivings towards Biden, but between AOC writing his climate policy and the fact that he's made a green recovery one of his key pledges, I think we're in decent hands, if not safe ones.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies