Favourite and Hated Trump-Era Atlas Memes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:49:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favourite and Hated Trump-Era Atlas Memes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Favourite and Hated Trump-Era Atlas Memes  (Read 1415 times)
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 17, 2021, 07:55:54 AM »

What's your favourite forum meme from the Trump era ?
Mine is Young Kim's homophobiw
What's your least favourite meme from the Trump Era ?
Mine is the "attractive" threads.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 08:15:08 AM »
« Edited: January 17, 2021, 09:30:20 AM by VARepublican »

IndyRep's Daines/Tester memes are pretty good as well. Least favorite... idk.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 09:12:34 AM »

Virginia's fake pregnancy/The dumb meme usernames and avatars
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 01:41:32 PM »

Least favorite - if it counts - goes to the users from the left who cosplayed as Trumpists in 2015-2016 because they found it hilarious, and did so pretty much until Election Day. It wasn't funny then, and with the exception of their apparent horror at Trump's surprise victory (which I may be misremembering), it also wasn't funny in retrospect.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 02:12:51 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2021, 02:29:17 PM by 80 hours »

The Young Kim homophobia thing is played out and annoying but the absolute worst are those dumb "roleplaying" names/avatars/signature combinations.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 02:14:25 PM »

Least favorite - if it counts - goes to the users from the left who cosplayed as Trumpists in 2015-2016 because they found it hilarious, and did so pretty much until Election Day. It wasn't funny then, and with the exception of their apparent horror at Trump's surprise victory (which I may be misremembering), it also wasn't funny in retrospect.

I don't think anyone did that, it was more until Trump secured the nomination. Although that was not funny in retrospect as well.
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2021, 02:51:32 PM »

The Young Kim homophobia thing is played out and annoying but the absolute worst are those dumb "roleplaying" names/avatars/signature combinations.

I never understood the Young Kim one. Keeping my meme/roleplay screenname until Biden is sworn into office.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2021, 02:58:18 PM »

There hasn't been a funny meme on this site since 2015
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2021, 03:00:25 PM »

There hasn't been a funny meme on this site since 2015

Coincidentally, I joined the forum six years ago this Wednesday.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2021, 03:21:54 PM »

The Young Kim one is a great example of how certain people here don't know when to stop with a meme and also not how to properly escalate it. It basically started with some people noting that she's actually not moderate in that she has such a poor record on LGBT issues and even opposes same-sex marriage, and that it would be kind of unusual for such a candidate to win a district like that. No one was predicting that she'd even lose specifically because of that or anything. Well she won, so some people jumped on that even though it's a pretty weak "gotcha!" (I don't think anyone predicted that race was Safe D) and then started meming about how once word got out about this she'd cost the GOP 50 seats in 2022 or something. Except no no one predicted anything along those lines or even that she would lose because of that. So it's a bit of a strawman and now one drawn to a played out level.

I never understood the Young Kim one. Keeping my meme/roleplay screenname until Biden is sworn into office.

What exactly is funny about it? Serious question. Not only do I not find these funny in the slightest, I can't even comprehend how one could find them funny.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2021, 03:23:11 PM »

Bill Walker dropped out is my favorite.

Least favorite was that HAMMER guy that Atlas blue avatars tried to turn into the conservative equivalent to OC.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2021, 03:27:06 PM »

For those who need to refresh memories: Some can be found on the great Atlas wordcloud I made some months ago. I will be updating and expanding it in the next weeks.

My favorite is the Florida Titanium Tilt R Meme, and "it's just not there yet" when it turned out, Georgia was just there.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2021, 03:32:34 PM »

The Young Kim one is a great example of how certain people here don't know when to stop with a meme and also not how to properly escalate it. It basically started with some people noting that she's actually not moderate in that she has such a poor record on LGBT issues and even opposes same-sex marriage, and that it would be kind of unusual for such a candidate to win a district like that. No one was predicting that she'd even lose specifically because of that or anything. Well she won, so some people jumped on that even though it's a pretty weak "gotcha!" (I don't think anyone predicted that race was Safe D) and then started meming about how once word got out about this she'd cost the GOP 50 seats in 2022 or something. Except no no one predicted anything along those lines or even that she would lose because of that. So it's a bit of a strawman and now one drawn to a played out level.

What exactly is funny about it? Serious question. Not only do I not find these funny in the slightest, I can't even comprehend how one could find them funny.
It actually didn’t start until well after the election and it was one poster who unironically believed Young Kim’s homophobia would be good for national Democrats to campaign on. It was an absolutely absurd prediction and deserved to be mocked, although I do think VARepublican may have taken it a bit too far.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2021, 03:35:03 PM »

It actually didn’t start until well after the election and it was one poster who unironically believed Young Kim’s homophobia would be good for national Democrats to campaign on. It was an absolutely absurd prediction and deserved to be mocked, although I do think VARepublican may have taken it a bit too far.

Link to that quote?

Even if that is the case, a single stupid prediction isn't worthy of pages and pages and multiple threads of meme mocking. Maybe just a few posts in that thread alone.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2021, 03:37:54 PM »

Link to that quote?

Even if that is the case, a single stupid prediction isn't worthy of pages and pages and multiple threads of meme mocking. Maybe just a few posts in that thread alone.
Here is a list of, in my opinion, ways Democrats can wing big on a congressional level in 2022 if they play their cards right.

-Campaign on Greene and Boebert the same way the GOP campaigned on Tlaib and AOC.

-Enlist Cuban candidates in Florida

-Campaign off Young Kim's homophobia

-Completely drop "defund the police."

-Campaign in person and not just digitally when Covid simmers down

-Elist hispanic candidates in Texas (Valenzuela has a shot without Trump on the ballot)

Here’s the quote, I’m not sure if the homophobia part was even the funniest part of it, the Candace Valenzuela thing is also pretty hilarious.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2021, 03:40:35 PM »

Favorite: Clowning on Amy Walter and all the other genius pundits at the Cook Political Report for thinking Georgia "wasn't there yet" (I'm proud to be among of the first people to start this trend).
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2021, 03:44:23 PM »

Link to that quote?

Here is a list of, in my opinion, ways Democrats can wing big on a congressional level in 2022 if they play their cards right.

-Campaign on Greene and Boebert the same way the GOP campaigned on Tlaib and AOC.

-Enlist Cuban candidates in Florida

-Campaign off Young Kim's homophobia

-Completely drop "defund the police."

-Campaign in person and not just digitally when Covid simmers down

-Elist hispanic candidates in Texas (Valenzuela has a shot without Trump on the ballot)

Here’s the quote, I’m not sure if the homophobia part was even the funniest part of it, the Candace Valenzuela thing is also pretty hilarious.

So someone with 8 posts? And there's well over 8 posts mocking it? Point made.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2021, 03:48:45 PM »

Did you make all of this up? This isn't the meme's origin.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2021, 03:53:43 PM »

Also, "racist WV hick" isn't a meme. It's the truth.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2021, 04:17:15 PM »

wut? Shocked
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2021, 04:18:42 PM »

Titanium tilt R actually became a reality, so that, but going through all these phases of titanium tilt R WI/PA/MN was really annoying.

Also suburban titan David Perdue who's opponent actually cracked 60% in Gwinette.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2021, 04:25:28 PM »

That was glossed over lol.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2021, 05:03:56 PM »

My favourite meme is Catholic supremacist Battista vs. Protestant supremacist Henry, of course.

My least favourite meme has to be Young Kim's homophobia, I just don't get it.
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2021, 06:00:08 PM »

I guess my favorite one was the "Fivey Fox said Oregon could go red" meme.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2021, 07:28:32 PM »

Favorite is a tie between Limo’s “rain in NoVa” and MM’s stubborn “it’s not there” for Georgia. My least favorite is S019 wanting everything banned
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies