Political futures for all current 50 governors....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:25:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Political futures for all current 50 governors....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Political futures for all current 50 governors....  (Read 2562 times)
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2021, 06:37:48 PM »

J.B. Pritzker (D-IL): Is re elected by a decent margin in 2022. In the event that he keeps his nose clean (who knows with Illinois Governors), I could see him running for Durbin's Senate seat in 2026, whether he'd win it or not is debatable. If not, and he isn't driven out of office, he retires in 2026 and goes away quietly.

Tony Evers (D-WI): Was a lame duck from the start thanks to the Republican legislature and will thus likely be defeated (unfortunately). Retires from politics afterward.

Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI): Is re elected by a decent margin in 2022 and either runs for the Senate in 2026 should Gary Peters retires or runs for President in 2028 if the Democratic field is open.

Andrew Cuomo (D-NY): Has numerous scandals and wins a very tough re election fight in 2022. He either retires in 2026 or winds up in a cabinet position if Harris wins in 2024 or for another Democrat in 2028.

Gavin Newsome (D-CA): Survives a surprisingly close recall election and goes on to win in 2022. Runs for President in 2028 if the field is open and gets nowhere.

ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2021, 08:16:33 PM »

Focusing just on MI, I think Whitmer is narrowly reelected in 2022 and eventually runs for the Senate as soon as one of seats opens up. I expect one of Stabenow or Peters to retire sooner rather than later.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2021, 08:20:59 PM »

Polis is a disgusting, dangerous man who wants to only further introduce the Reagan cult into America. So probably a future president given this country.

What's so bad about Polis? He always seemed like a generic D to me.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies