Which of the following groups are Christian? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:30:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Which of the following groups are Christian? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
Catholics

Protestants

Orthdodox

Mormons/LDS

Christian Science

Jehovah's Witnesses

Seventh Day Adventists

Moonies/Unification

Branch Davidians

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Which of the following groups are Christian?  (Read 3169 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 31, 2021, 05:12:22 PM »

Why should non-trinitarianism preclude one from being considered Christian?
It shouldn’t. Hence 1-4 and debatably #7.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 08:35:34 PM »

It's not an absolute bar but it is a difference from "normal Christianity" — it it something that would seem like a fairly significant departure for the majority of Christians.
I don’t think so. In my experience, <1% of churchgoing Christians even know the difference between Trinidadian and Unitarian understandings of the Trinity. My sample is predominantly that of black and white Southern Protestants, though.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 11:40:15 AM »

Whilst I would agree with you that the notion that the Bible is inerrant if provably false due to its numerous contradictions, the whole logical problem with claiming that God exists is that that statement is not falsifiable, and therefore does not reach the standard that any valid hypothesis should.
Any valid scientific hypothesis, yes. But philosophy, religion, and even history do not rely on the strictly scientific methodology, and for good reason.

Our senses empirically demonstrate to most people that both the mind and the heart are superior to matter. To those who deny this, who suggest this is fully explained materially, I would remind them of the challenge to those who deny matter: step in front of a bus. The presentation of the inferior nature of the heart and mind to matter is similarly laughable: one most conclude that philosophies based on reason are delusional AND that romantic love is nothing more than a delusion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies