Joe Biden presidential inauguration megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:17:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Joe Biden presidential inauguration megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Joe Biden presidential inauguration megathread  (Read 19403 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« on: January 16, 2021, 11:53:06 PM »

Honestly, they should put some sort of glass box around Joe Biden. If they don't take extra precautions very seriously, I think the chance someone tries to shoot Joe Biden in his first 100 days or so is quite high
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 11:59:36 PM »

Honestly, they should put some sort of glass box around Joe Biden. If they don't take extra precautions very seriously, I think the chance someone tries to shoot Joe Biden in his first 100 days or so is quite high

Uh, if anything, they're going overboard on protections. Downtown DC and the mall is probably the most secure place on earth right now. I'm really not too concerned.

I hope you're right, I always worry about this sort of stuff too much.

Overall though, Biden should try to avoid situations where he's out in the open as much as possible during his first 100 days because I think there's a pretty decent chance he's shot. I worry that somehow something stupid will happen where some Trump loyalists will shoot some Democratic Senator from a red state and a Republican replaces them and we lose the Senate.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 12:03:23 AM »

Uh, if anything, they're going overboard on protections. Downtown DC and the mall is probably the most secure place on earth right now. I'm really not too concerned.

I hope you're right, I always worry about this sort of stuff too much.

Overall though, Biden should try to avoid situations where he's out in the open as much as possible during his first 100 days because I think there's a pretty decent chance he's shot. I worry that somehow something stupid will happen where some Trump loyalists will shoot some Democratic Senator from a red state and a Republican replaces them and we lose the Senate.

Joe Manchin, Jon Tester, and Sherrod Brown shouldn't leave DC then, but these people are honestly stupid, I doubt half of them even know what the Senate is.

I mean we've already seen a lot of lower key Representatives get attacked in airports and plus Joe Manchin, Jon Tester, and Sherrod Brown will likely get a lot of media now that Ds have the Senate, especially Manchin. All it takes is for one of them to recognize who a Senator is.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 02:24:48 PM »

I’m just so glad that we entrust he with the Presideen. This is so exciting
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies