Joe Biden presidential inauguration megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:46:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Joe Biden presidential inauguration megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22
Author Topic: Joe Biden presidential inauguration megathread  (Read 19456 times)
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: January 20, 2021, 11:39:43 PM »

Lady Gaga is singing at this very moment.

24 minutes until Trump is over.

The A-list celebrities avoided Trump's inauguration in 2017, and they're back this year for Biden's. Trump had to get some second-rate or third-rate people to perform at his. Obama had Aretha Franklin in 2009 and Beyoncé in 2013.

Also Kelly Clarkson in 2013 (probably a slew of others both times, too, but I remember her in particular).

I don't remember her myself, but not surprising. As I've stated before, most of Hollywood-bar the small conservative minority-adore Obama (and Biden), while they absolutely despise Trump.

I guess she finally put her positive pants on.

She's almost the literal worst.  I hated her when she was in Congress, but she's gotten way worse since she's been governor, if you can believe that.  Part of it might be that she's a lot more visible now, though, so just a lot more exposure to her awfulness.

I believe we had an exchange about her a few months ago. If you mind me asking, how is the situation in South Dakota now under her watch? I imagine it has gotten worse.

It's quite bad.  She's way more interested in being on Fox News/being the next Trump than she is in being governor.  And to top it all off, she's now taking legal action to reverse the marijuana amendment passed by voters in November.

A few months ago, I watched some of Fox News out of interest. There was a state-sponsored tourism advertisement for South Dakota, in which Noem appeared. She appeared confident, and was attempting to cast a glowing picture of the state. With this pandemic ongoing as it is, I doubt anyone would want to visit there without taking precautions. And I find it something that Noem herself has somehow managed to avoid contracting the virus, at least until now.

She actually used federal covid money to pay for that ad.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #476 on: January 20, 2021, 11:40:57 PM »

OK that fireworks show was tight af
None of these people are celebrating the "peaceful transfer of power" or democracy, they are celebrating Orange Man gone. It's so disgusting.

Hey, how about a tall glass of shut up juice?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #477 on: January 20, 2021, 11:42:49 PM »

Dude I went to college with that guy lol. This is definitely surreal
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #478 on: January 20, 2021, 11:44:24 PM »

CNN is not even being subtle anymore, they are just worshipping biden lol, it is cringe, “epic fireworks” lol. I hope they actually do their jobs and hold him accountable when the time comes though, and not just make excuses for him
I see CNN has a new hire from KCTV.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #479 on: January 20, 2021, 11:55:31 PM »

Today is the day Donald Trump truly became President
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #480 on: January 20, 2021, 11:55:42 PM »

How does it feel to say "Former President Donald Trump", everyone?

Good, but not quite as good as convicted felon Donald Trump.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #481 on: January 21, 2021, 12:09:05 AM »

DE was the first state, and it never was the home state for any president until now!? Wow.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #482 on: January 21, 2021, 12:21:37 AM »

None of these people are celebrating the "peaceful transfer of power" or democracy, they are celebrating Orange Man gone. It's so disgusting.

It's a great thing to celebrate.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #483 on: January 21, 2021, 12:25:08 AM »

I do what I want!
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #484 on: January 21, 2021, 12:27:02 AM »

Lol also it’s cringey how some are acting like democrats won a landslide mandate across the board

Honestly, who cares? A trifecta is a trifecta, after all. Now let's shove this agenda through.

It literally has practical ramifications that I don’t even need to get started on lol

I think you do need to get started on them.

Also, thanks for the clarification that these practical ramifications are literal.  I would have assumed they were figurative, otherwise.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #485 on: January 21, 2021, 12:33:51 AM »

Biden! Woohoo!

We have a woman Vice President and she's a Democrat! I always wondered whether it would be a Democrat or Republican first.

Really?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #486 on: January 21, 2021, 12:36:44 AM »

Just came across this & something hit me when I saw it. He's wearing a form-fitting suit, & a mask indoors in a historic building well-known to those who've worked there for its poor ventilation. He's drinking a cup of coffee & he used a plate as a coaster instead of drinking a chilled, tall, dripping glass of Diet Coke & leaving it (& the water ring stains it'll inevitably create) directly on the Resolute Desk.

If we lived in a righteous nation, this wouldn't mean anything. But holy hell, it feels good to know that an adult is back in the White House.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #487 on: January 21, 2021, 12:40:19 AM »

Biden! Woohoo!

We have a woman Vice President and she's a Democrat! I always wondered whether it would be a Democrat or Republican first.

Really?

Ha, my exact reaction. Other than unelectable Palin, no woman has ever sniffed a Republican ticket, but I'm sure there will be one in the next two cycles. Probably Haley, possibly Noem.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #488 on: January 21, 2021, 12:41:26 AM »

Biden! Woohoo!

Really?

Ha, my exact reaction. Other than unelectable Palin, no woman has ever sniffed a Republican ticket, but I'm sure there will be one in the next two cycles. Probably Haley, possibly Noem.

I just threw up in my mouth.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #489 on: January 21, 2021, 12:46:04 AM »

Biden! Woohoo!

Really?

I just threw up in my mouth.

I mean it would take the already tiny, tiny chance of me ever voting Republican to subzero territory.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #490 on: January 21, 2021, 01:08:44 AM »

Lol also it’s cringey how some are acting like democrats won a landslide mandate across the board

Honestly, who cares? A trifecta is a trifecta, after all. Now let's shove this agenda through.

It literally has practical ramifications that I don’t even need to get started on lol

Also, thanks for the clarification that these practical ramifications are literal.  I would have assumed they were figurative, otherwise.

I already listed one, being a smartáss

To that, I plead guilty.

You say eww to Manchin liking and don’t care for stances like mine, but you are stuck tied to this wing right now. Democrats wouldn’t have won without it.

Why so serious, son?

Because your contradictions are hilarious, you are flaunting an eeking out by the democrats, and trashing manchin at the same time. Yet democrats wouldnt be here without him

Okay, obviously I'm joking around...why so serious son is a line from Dark Knight (Joker)...I do what I want is a Cartman line from South Park, etc.  I think you need to relax.

And, really?  I've contradicted myself?  Go back and read my posts, and read what I actually wrote, and tell me if you come to the same conclusion.

the contradiction with bragging about dems winning but they wouldnt have won without the part you are dumping on is yes
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #491 on: January 21, 2021, 01:17:06 AM »

Also, thanks for the clarification that these practical ramifications are literal.  I would have assumed they were figurative, otherwise.

To that, I plead guilty.

You say eww to Manchin liking and don’t care for stances like mine, but you are stuck tied to this wing right now. Democrats wouldn’t have won without it.

Why so serious, son?

Because your contradictions are hilarious, you are flaunting an eeking out by the democrats, and trashing manchin at the same time. Yet democrats wouldnt be here without him

Okay, obviously I'm joking around...why so serious son is a line from Dark Knight (Joker)...I do what I want is a Cartman line from South Park, etc.  I think you need to relax.

And, really?  I've contradicted myself?  Go back and read my posts, and read what I actually wrote, and tell me if you come to the same conclusion.

the contradiction with bragging about dems winning but they wouldnt have won without the part you are dumping on is yes

Show me where I bragged about Dems winning.  Pretty sure I was just mocking you saying you didn't even have to give arguments why you were right or something like that.  That's why I said go back and read my actual posts, rather than whatever interpretation you concocted regarding my posts.

the madam vice president thing as well as you implying our slim majorities will make no difference compared to comfy ones

Nothing wrong with celebrating a win, and our slim majorities most likely won’t make a difference since our caucus in the House and the Senate are much more ideologically cohesive than in the past.
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #492 on: January 21, 2021, 01:19:49 AM »

Can both of you stfu with your perverse matryoshka doll of quotes derailing this thread and just appreciate that our country is back under the leadership of a good and competent man again
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #493 on: January 21, 2021, 01:20:34 AM »

To that, I plead guilty.

Why so serious, son?

And, really?  I've contradicted myself?  Go back and read my posts, and read what I actually wrote, and tell me if you come to the same conclusion.

Show me where I bragged about Dems winning.  Pretty sure I was just mocking you saying you didn't even have to give arguments why you were right or something like that.  That's why I said go back and read my actual posts, rather than whatever interpretation you concocted regarding my posts.

the madam vice president thing as well as you implying our slim majorities will make no difference compared to comfy ones

The madam vice president thing was the Cartman quote.  So mostly joking.  But also, yeah, it is pretty stupid that you were dismissive of it being a thing to celebrate, the first female vice president.  For the slim majorities part, I'll refer you to what I just said before, because you seem to have ignored that.

Not sure what you're deal is.  You seem super defensive, not able to take any joke at all, and are just wildly asserting things that were said that simply weren't.  I'd encourage you to re-read some of your posts tomorrow, and also re-read mine, and see if you come to the same conclusion.  I suspect you're just having an off day.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #494 on: January 21, 2021, 01:21:15 AM »

To that, I plead guilty.

Why so serious, son?

And, really?  I've contradicted myself?  Go back and read my posts, and read what I actually wrote, and tell me if you come to the same conclusion.

Show me where I bragged about Dems winning.  Pretty sure I was just mocking you saying you didn't even have to give arguments why you were right or something like that.  That's why I said go back and read my actual posts, rather than whatever interpretation you concocted regarding my posts.

Nothing wrong with celebrating a win, and our slim majorities most likely won’t make a difference since our caucus in the House and the Senate are much more ideologically cohesive than in the past.

The biggest difference is how much worse off we will be for elections soon. It would have been a huge boon to still have Nelson around, as well as a couple other senate seats that were winnable within the pasts few cycles, as well as an extra 10ish suburban house seats
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #495 on: January 21, 2021, 01:21:21 AM »

Can both of you stfu with your perverse matryoshka doll of quotes derailing this thread and just appreciate that our country is back under the leadership of a good and competent man again

I suppose.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #496 on: January 21, 2021, 01:23:39 AM »
« Edited: January 21, 2021, 02:01:06 AM by YE »

To that, I plead guilty.

Why so serious, son?

The madam vice president thing was the Cartman quote.  So mostly joking.  But also, yeah, it is pretty stupid that you were dismissive of it being a thing to celebrate, the first female vice president.  For the slim majorities part, I'll refer you to what I just said before, because you seem to have ignored that.

Not sure what you're deal is.  You seem super defensive, not able to take any joke at all, and are just wildly asserting things that were said that simply weren't.  I'd encourage you to re-read some of your posts tomorrow, and also re-read mine, and see if you come to the same conclusion.  I suspect you're just having an off day.

I responded to the slim majority multiple times. I will apologize for one thing though. When I said cringe, I was only meaning to refer to your post, and I should have been clearer and said cringey

unless the mods chained me , and yes i’ll reaffirm it when people try to be mean about it like u were being
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #497 on: January 21, 2021, 01:31:42 AM »

Well it turns out orange man was bad. Who knew?
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #498 on: January 21, 2021, 01:58:45 AM »

Getting back to the oval office discussion apparently the Jefferson painting was to show the "importance of opposing views". Nice shout out to the limited government crowd.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #499 on: January 21, 2021, 02:13:37 AM »

I've cleaned up most of this thread. Let a few quotes so one could follow the off topic convo since it wasn't THAT aggressive but it shouldn't be taking up too much space either.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies