Sen. Tuberville says Biden's inauguration should be delayed because of Covid
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 04:18:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Sen. Tuberville says Biden's inauguration should be delayed because of Covid
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Sen. Tuberville says Biden's inauguration should be delayed because of Covid  (Read 2920 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2021, 11:56:02 AM »

I thought Trump enabling congressional GOPers would at least wait to January 20 before they start caring about COVID?
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2021, 05:12:48 PM »

From the OP's article:

“It’s incorrect to interpret the Senator’s comments as calling for the postponement (of) the actual act of swearing-in President-elect Biden,” a spokesperson for Tuberville said in a prepared statement. “

Biden and his allies have been the advocates for harsh lockdowns regarding COVID-19.  He's harped about health risks everyone but those protected demonstrators whose names cannot be mentioned here (lest you be cited for Spam - Off Topic or Excessive Hyperbole).  He's lectured people on masks.  He's hid in his basement for most of the campaign. 

Let him do without the Pomp and Circumstance.  Let him do without the Inaugural Parade or the Inaugural Ball.  Let him, in its place, contemplate all of the people who have had to forego their weddings, loved one's funerals, or just ordinary living because of the misguided lockdown policies his political allies have advanced.  Being sworn in by his father at home was good enough for Calvin Coolidge, a man with virtue.  Something that simple ought to be good enough for a man who is the most Cowardly person to win the White House in my lifetime.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2021, 05:17:38 PM »

... Let him, in its place, contemplate all of the people who have had to forego their weddings, loved one's funerals, or just ordinary living because of the misguided lockdown policies his political allies have advanced.  ...

I told you guys that Fuzzy should was a denialist regarding the seriousness of this deadly Pandemic.
Just more evidence of it right here.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2021, 05:20:01 PM »

... Let him, in its place, contemplate all of the people who have had to forego their weddings, loved one's funerals, or just ordinary living because of the misguided lockdown policies his political allies have advanced.  ...

I told you guys that Fuzzy should was a denialist regarding the seriousness of this deadly Pandemic.

So just exactly how have YOU spent the Pandemic?  Working?  Staying home?  You tell me.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2021, 05:20:18 PM »

... Something that simple ought to be good enough for a man who is the most Cowardly person to win the White House in my lifetime.

LOL.
Most of the nation and the world see trump as the Narsassitc Idiot that he is, so Fuzzy finds the ridiculous need to call Biden a "coward" (exactly why, who knows).
LOL. The mind of a cultist.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2021, 05:20:51 PM »

From the OP's article:

“It’s incorrect to interpret the Senator’s comments as calling for the postponement (of) the actual act of swearing-in President-elect Biden,” a spokesperson for Tuberville said in a prepared statement. “

Biden and his allies have been the advocates for harsh lockdowns regarding COVID-19.  He's harped about health risks everyone but those protected demonstrators whose names cannot be mentioned here (lest you be cited for Spam - Off Topic or Excessive Hyperbole).  He's lectured people on masks.  He's hid in his basement for most of the campaign. 

Let him do without the Pomp and Circumstance.  Let him do without the Inaugural Parade or the Inaugural Ball.  Let him, in its place, contemplate all of the people who have had to forego their weddings, loved one's funerals, or just ordinary living because of the misguided lockdown policies his political allies have advanced.  Being sworn in by his father at home was good enough for Calvin Coolidge, a man with virtue.  Something that simple ought to be good enough for a man who is the most Cowardly person to win the White House in my lifetime.

It is going to be a pared down inauguration you pathetic coward and ignoramus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/01/us/politics/bidens-team-is-planning-a-pared-down-inauguration-that-keeps-spectators-healthy-and-safe.html
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2021, 05:26:54 PM »

... Something that simple ought to be good enough for a man who is the most Cowardly person to win the White House in my lifetime.

LOL.
Most of the nation and the world see trump as the Narsassitc Idiot that he is, so Fuzzy finds the ridiculous need to call Biden a "coward" (exactly why, who knows).
LOL. The mind of a cultist.

The biggest problem with Fuzzy is simply that he's unintelligent.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2021, 05:28:09 PM »

So just exactly how have YOU spent the Pandemic?  Working?  Staying home?  You tell me.

What the f*** does that have to do with your statement. Government officials are doing their best to control the spread of this deadly virus. People are dying in record numbers, and our doctors, nurses and hospitals are overwhelmed because idiots want to "just live normal lives" and "go to weddings" or believe that "Jesus' blood with protect me." Right now, there is nothing normal about our nation and world. And this virus is not just going to suddenly "disappear" like your Orange Deity has proclaimed.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2021, 05:30:40 PM »

What the f*** does that have to do with your statement. Government officials are doing their best to control the spread of this deadly virus. People are dying in record numbers, and our doctors, nurses and hospitals are overwhelmed because idiots want to "just live normal lives" and "go to weddings" or believe that "Jesus' blood with protect me." Right now, there is nothing normal about our nation and world. And this virus is not just going to suddenly "disappear" like your Orange Deity has proclaimed.

During the pandemic, many pseudo-Christians who have lied that they are 'pro-life' have shown themselves to be pro-death.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2021, 05:49:58 PM »

Just answer the question.  What the matter?  Cat got your tongue?
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2021, 06:00:56 PM »

From the OP's article:

Fuzzy.

There will be no inaugural ball - Biden has cancelled it, replacing it with a virtual event out of an abundance of caution, due to the pandemic that Trump mismanaged.

There will be no inaugural parade - Biden cancelled it out of an abundance of caution, after Trump’s loyalists turned Washington, DC into a war zone.

And yes. One of Biden’s first acts in office will be to commemorate lives lost, both in battle, and to the virus that has ravaged the world over the last year. He will do so with almost all living American presidents. Two will be absent - Carter, who is too ill to travel, and Trump, who is too self-involved to come together in a moment of national unity.

On one front, we agree. Biden is like Coolidge. Both entered office following the reign of a corrupt, self-involved man who did significant harm to their country. I can only hope that Biden is more successful bringing this Second Guilded Age to an end.

Sources:
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/clean-energy-for-america-inaugural-ball-to-celebrate-the-incoming-biden-harris-administration-the-new-congress-and-the-future-of-clean-energy-301209434.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2021-01-03/biden-to-replace-inaugural-parade-with-short-walk-to-white-house

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2021/01/11/biden-to-visit-arlington-cemetery-as-part-of-inauguration-ceremonies/

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-politics-pandemics-inaugurations-coronavirus-pandemic-894976d2c3ac9777b2a26d577af7a5cd
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2021, 06:07:30 PM »

AL gave us him instead of Jones, terrible Senator, that's why Fillibuster needs to go, it were Dixiecrats like him that used the Filibuster to block Civil Rights legislation

Fillibuster days are numbered since the insurrection put a black mark on R chances in 2022

It's not needed anymore, split Delegations in have gone by the waste side and almost every state is voting it's partisan trend

That's why Ds will win WI, PA and GA, NV, AZ and NH, we have a great  chance at the Govs
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2021, 05:27:05 AM »

He's hid in his basement for most of the campaign.

Should he have been holding Herman Cain-killing rallies instead?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2021, 11:56:42 AM »

He's hid in his basement for most of the campaign.

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2021, 01:31:42 AM »

Biden is like Coolidge. Both entered office following the reign of a corrupt, self-involved man who did significant harm to their country.

That's a significant mischaracterization of Harding. Other than flouting Prohibition, as many others did, Harding wasn't particularly corrupt, tho he certainly had more than his share of corrupt political allies. Still, had it not been for his untimely death, I think he'd have been able to recover from Teapot Dome and be reelected in 1924. His policies weren't particularly harmful, just neglectful, and were largely an improvement over Wilson's hypocritical bellicose racism. As for being self-absorbed, his lack of self-absorbment was a major contributing factor in the excess of corruption in the Harding Administration. Unlike Trump, Harding was both too trusting of and too loyal to his associates.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2021, 10:03:22 AM »

Biden is like Coolidge. Both entered office following the reign of a corrupt, self-involved man who did significant harm to their country.

That's a significant mischaracterization of Harding. Other than flouting Prohibition, as many others did, Harding wasn't particularly corrupt, tho he certainly had more than his share of corrupt political allies. Still, had it not been for his untimely death, I think he'd have been able to recover from Teapot Dome and be reelected in 1924. His policies weren't particularly harmful, just neglectful, and were largely an improvement over Wilson's hypocritical bellicose racism. As for being self-absorbed, his lack of self-absorbment was a major contributing factor in the excess of corruption in the Harding Administration. Unlike Trump, Harding was both too trusting of and too loyal to his associates.

Ah, I seem to have misread Harding. He’s definitely someone I need to be better read on.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies