PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 05:12:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 45
Author Topic: PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it  (Read 68809 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: August 15, 2022, 07:00:43 PM »

Looks like Shapiro had perfect timing running those ads on Mastriano/Gab starting this week. Yikes

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #626 on: August 15, 2022, 07:51:20 PM »

Anyone else annoyed by the barrage of anti-Mastriano ads on youtube? I don't watch anything political but every other ad is a anti-Mastriano ad and it is starting to get very annoying.

I mean, an annoying ad or Pennsylvania becoming a dumpster fire if Mastriano wins. I think I'll take the ads.
Fair enough, but it is annoying to see the same ad ad-nauseum and I hope the Shapiro campaign will diversify their ads so they won't get stale and start to annoy people.

Considering how inundated I was with Ciatarelli ads last year, I'd be more than happy to take a barrage of Democratic ads ad nauseum to make up for that.
Yeah I understand you.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #627 on: August 16, 2022, 08:03:35 AM »

Anyone else annoyed by the barrage of anti-Mastriano ads on youtube? I don't watch anything political but every other ad is a anti-Mastriano ad and it is starting to get very annoying.

I mean, an annoying ad or Pennsylvania becoming a dumpster fire if Mastriano wins. I think I'll take the ads.
Fair enough, but it is annoying to see the same ad ad-nauseum and I hope the Shapiro campaign will diversify their ads so they won't get stale and start to annoy people.

Considering how inundated I was with Ciatarelli ads last year, I'd be more than happy to take a barrage of Democratic ads ad nauseum to make up for that.
Yeah I understand you.

Which ad is it if I may ask?
Spectator
United States

« Reply #628 on: August 16, 2022, 08:12:14 AM »

Yeah I understand you.

I get the same really annoying ad on Hulu every other commercial from some random PAC where an old lady is complaining “I’m trying to save $2, and Senator Warnock votes to spend $2 trillion?” And then another guy saying “$140 to fill my truck (I drive a Chevy Silverado and the most I’ve had to pay to fill up in Georgia was around $110. It’s about $70 now), and Senator Warnock votes to spend $140 million on a resort in Florida?” Then all tell Warnock to stop spending. Super annoying ad that has done absolutely nothing to change my mind.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #629 on: August 16, 2022, 08:22:04 AM »

Yeah I understand you.

I get the same really annoying ad on Hulu every other commercial from some random PAC where an old lady is complaining “I’m trying to save $2, and Senator Warnock votes to spend $2 trillion?” And then another guy saying “$140 to fill my truck (I drive a Chevy Silverado and the most I’ve had to pay to fill up in Georgia was around $110. It’s about $70 now), and Senator Warnock votes to spend $140 million on a resort in Florida?” Then all tell Warnock to stop spending. Super annoying ad that has done absolutely nothing to change my mind.

Similar ads come up during the Braves games (which is about the only thing I watch on live TV these days) annoyingly often as well.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #630 on: August 16, 2022, 02:13:49 PM »

This is now the 2nd ad that CLF has put out that does not mention Mastriano. Their first was anti-Shapiro/anti-Biden and now this one is for DelRosso.

Even the CLF knows Mastriano is radioactive.

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #631 on: August 16, 2022, 04:01:27 PM »

This is now the 2nd ad that CLF has put out that does not mention Mastriano. Their first was anti-Shapiro/anti-Biden and now this one is for DelRosso.

Even the CLF knows Mastriano is radioactive.

Weird sidenote but post-NY CD redraw, Cervas has def been more vocal about his views on twitter and it's very clear he's pretty liberal/Dem-supporting in his personal politics.

While I think he did a good job redrawing the maps and both are in the range of fair, he prolly drew one of the better maps that Dems could've hoped for from a special master, especially at the CD level
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #632 on: August 16, 2022, 04:46:41 PM »

There is no way Shapiro will, or should, go for this (imagine the quacks that Mastriano's team will have as the "moderator") so I imagine Mastriano just won't end up debating.

(fun fact: Alex Trebek actually moderated the 2018 debate between Wolf and Wagner!)

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #633 on: August 16, 2022, 04:57:16 PM »

....and that was quick!

jd7171
Rookie
United States

« Reply #634 on: August 16, 2022, 05:50:03 PM »

That's so dumb. He just wants to shield himself from tough questions. I mean Mastriano can sit and just keep on pandering to his base...that'll work out well for him.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #635 on: August 16, 2022, 06:40:50 PM »

Yikes!

jd7171
Rookie
United States

« Reply #636 on: August 16, 2022, 06:50:58 PM »

Yikes!

I think he's running for governor of North Korea
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #637 on: August 16, 2022, 08:17:12 PM »

Mastriano really makes no effort whatsoever to display any moderate image or broad appeal.  He really just tacks hard right and can't move away from them even for a moment.   Everything needs to be the most conservative stance, the most right wing position, the most pro-Trump statements.   To him there's absolutely no need to balance or appeal to more people or anything.

It's like he never left Republican Primary campaign mode, or a different mode doesn't even exist for him.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #638 on: August 16, 2022, 08:59:06 PM »

Welp I think we know why the GOP is pulling funds. Mastriano is down 15 in a GOP internal LOL.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #639 on: August 16, 2022, 11:13:15 PM »

Mastriano really makes no effort whatsoever to display any moderate image or broad appeal.  He really just tacks hard right and can't move away from them even for a moment.   Everything needs to be the most conservative stance, the most right wing position, the most pro-Trump statements.   To him there's absolutely no need to balance or appeal to more people or anything.

It's like he never left Republican Primary campaign mode, or a different mode doesn't even exist for him.

He's still running a better campaign than Dr. Oz is.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #640 on: August 17, 2022, 01:20:49 PM »

Slightly better I would say. While I have both Josh Shapiro and John Fetterman narrowly winning as of this week, I think there will be a decent number of Fetterman/Mastriano voters. John Fetterman I think will win by 1%, whereas Josh Shapiro will only win by 0.25-0.5%.
Duke of York

« Reply #641 on: August 17, 2022, 04:00:25 PM »

Slightly better I would say. While I have both Josh Shapiro and John Fetterman narrowly winning as of this week, I think there will be a decent number of Fetterman/Mastriano voters. John Fetterman I think will win by 1%, whereas Josh Shapiro will only win by 0.25-0.5%.
I cannot see it being that close.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #642 on: August 17, 2022, 05:14:44 PM »

You are not gifted with Doomervision.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #643 on: August 17, 2022, 05:37:11 PM »

If Shapiro beats Mastriano, I can’t see it being anywhere within 4 points.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #644 on: August 17, 2022, 07:30:12 PM »

Mastriano at least seems to excite the Trump base. It's just that he appeals to literally nobody else. Oz, meanwhile, appeals to almost literally nobody.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #645 on: August 17, 2022, 07:59:19 PM »

Yeah, Mastriano is definitely not doing debates

sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #646 on: August 17, 2022, 08:07:12 PM »

I was camping up in NEPA last weekend; saw far too many Hometown Heroes banners, spent too damn much on gas myself navigating Pennsyltucky backroads, hiked too many miles from camp to a grocery store, and drew existential dread from connecting it back to the party registration trends for future closed primaries. The good news is a plurality Trump-voter electorate isn't a death knell; Fetterman and Shapiro maintain good enough relations w/their respective trade bases to feasibly run well in SWPA/NEPA. Likewise Fetterman's decent enough on student loans to where the Philly burbs' (and increasingly inner Pittsburgh metro's) evergreen, environmentally-conscious yuppies can overlook his fracking equivocations. Abortion agitates both bases, can't easily tell the ultimate benefactor.

My only fear is Mastriano put out ads hitting Shapiro for being DA while Philly's crime rate skyrockets. Shapiro can and must point to his success arresting crazy kenzo drug dealers. He also needs to rally PA's numerous AFT chapters lest Mast "changes PA into Florida". PA's flavor of municipal empowerment contains many drawbacks, however MY school district being decent remains a rare positive. Mast wants to shrink the government to the size of the bathtub and neglect all our students in the process.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #647 on: August 17, 2022, 08:10:59 PM »

I was camping up in NEPA last weekend; saw far too many Hometown Heroes banners, spent too damn much on gas myself navigating Pennsyltucky backroads, hiked too many miles from camp to a grocery store, and drew existential dread from connecting it back to the party registration trends for future closed primaries. The good news is a plurality Trump-voter electorate isn't a death knell; Fetterman and Shapiro maintain good enough relations w/their respective trade bases to feasibly run well in SWPA/NEPA. Likewise Fetterman's decent enough on student loans to where the Philly burbs' (and increasingly inner Pittsburgh metro's) evergreen, environmentally-conscious yuppies can overlook his fracking equivocations. Abortion agitates both bases, can't easily tell the ultimate benefactor.

My only fear is Mastriano put out ads hitting Shapiro for being DA while Philly's crime rate skyrockets. Shapiro can and must point to his success arresting crazy kenzo drug dealers. He also needs to rally PA's numerous AFT chapters lest Mast "changes PA into Florida". PA's flavor of municipal empowerment contains many drawbacks, however MY school district being decent remains a rare positive. Mast wants to shrink the government to the size of the bathtub and neglect all our students in the process.

It's funny you mention this because the only anti-Shapiro ad to run on TV has been the CLF ad for Mastriano and it was the anti-biden/anti-shaprio ad. But the way they represent it is so... overdramatic. "SHAPIRO WON'T PROSECUTE ANY GUN CRIMES!" ... It's the same thing as the Oz ad where he says Fetterman wants to release 1/3 of all prisoners. It's clearly designed to fear monger, but the way they present it is so ridiculous that you have to laugh because you know both those things are not true at all and have been misconstrued. Like, not even for a political hack like me, but you're average person would see it and even be like.. yeah that even sounds overdramatic to me and does not sound real.
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #648 on: August 17, 2022, 08:54:08 PM »

They indeed border self-parody. Consider them as dog-whistling towards the bitter people clinging to guns and religion.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #649 on: August 18, 2022, 08:28:28 AM »

Meanwhile, on Mastriano's social media...

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies