Why is there such a strong far-right sentiment among certain young men in America? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:07:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why is there such a strong far-right sentiment among certain young men in America? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is there such a strong far-right sentiment among certain young men in America?  (Read 3551 times)
Medal506
United States

« on: February 22, 2021, 02:13:11 AM »

I don't really think they represent a big part of young men, I'm 23 and maybe it's my environment, but most people are liberal on social issues or they simply don't care of someone being gay or whatever, it's your life. This far-right incels of 4Chan are the typical weirdos but they're a loudy minority, I can guarantee you that almost anybody know who Nick Fuentes is lol

I don't get this assertion that incels are exclusively far right/alt right. I've known plenty who were Bernie Bros...I'll concede the one thing incels tend not to be is centrist.

I didn't imply that incels are only far-right, I was only describing the young far-right men, but I would say that most of them tend to be far-right than Bernie bros, I mean, Chapos community is not that big like 4Chan

Most incels are apolitical. Some are pretty left wing too actually. Have you seen the debate between Vaush and the leftist incel in Vaush’s video titled “Women don’t owe you anything, debating a Leftist incel” calling most incels “far right” is a bit of a stretch. That would be like if I said most people in the Nation of Islam were far left.

Plus, as counterintuitive as this might sound, men’s rights activists in general are actually pretty socially liberal. They tend to agree with feminists on nearly everything except for the notion of “toxic masculinity” and that term is actually what drives the wedge between feminists and MRAs.

I know not all MRAs are incels but I think it was worth mentioning seeing as how many will mistake men’s rights activists for being far right when in fact they’re almost exclusively on the left. They’re basically male feminists who reject the notion of male privilege and toxic masculinity.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 11:31:37 AM »

The super online and super political crowd tends to skew ideologically extreme in general. If you're reading a young conservatives Twitter who posts 10 times a day then it's a lot more possible that person is "far-right" (which some people seem to imply as just believing in some conspiracies and trafficking in culture war stuff more instead of actually being ideologically radical). Don't let that mislead you, the younger generation is more liberal across the board, even the younger Republicans are.

Hence why I’m not a Republican.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies