Why is there such a strong far-right sentiment among certain young men in America?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:04:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  Why is there such a strong far-right sentiment among certain young men in America?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Why is there such a strong far-right sentiment among certain young men in America?  (Read 3493 times)
EastwoodS

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 14, 2021, 03:34:32 AM »
« edited: January 14, 2021, 03:58:28 AM by EastwoodS »

Me, on Twitter, advocating for the GOP to expand to racial minorities and such...
Weirdo: if the GOP does that they’re aNti-wHite and gAy.
Me on Twitter: I’m gay do you have a problem?
Some far-right, prepubescent idiot: Yes. You're a sexual deviant and a genetic dead end. You have zero investment in the future. You dont represent me, my community, my nation.

This can’t possibly be right, this still exist? People still think this way?
You Would think the GOP would be trying to attract as many people as possible instead of harboring such taboo constituents.
Far-right men like the “groyper” movement and Nick Fuentes, what has caused this hate, just ugly hate? and more so, why do they feel so compelled to be open about it? Regardless of how you may feel about Trump, he has not advocated for or harbors hardly any homophobic stances. Much more "gay friendly" than Bush, IMO. Will the GOP ever gain the courage to disavow whatever message/ person that has attracted these "voters?"
Ron DeSantis enthusiast
FranciscoM97

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 05:10:10 AM »

I don't really think they represent a big part of young men, I'm 23 and maybe it's my environment, but most people are liberal on social issues or they simply don't care of someone being gay or whatever, it's your life. This far-right incels of 4Chan are the typical weirdos but they're a loudy minority, I can guarantee you that almost anybody know who Nick Fuentes is lol
hyouzel the predictor
hyouzel
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 11:09:00 AM »

Lately the GOP has doubled down on culture and social conservatism which isn't a very accepting platform for a gay person. People are always gonna be hateful and you have to just shrug it off, but I also have hope that as the GOP coalition becomes more diverse that the acceptance for different people voting for different things goes up. A gay Republican vote is worth the same as a straight Republican vote, so I don't see the electoral strategy but whatever. If you can look past the thinly veiled homophobia, the GOP might fit with your ideology, but I don't think I could associate with a party that explicitly doesn't believe I should have equal rights.

That being said, social conservatives are not the entire Republican Party, and moderates/neocons/fiscons are significantly underrepresented in todays caucus. For the sake of the country, diversification of both parties in both thought and identity is crucial.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.45, S: -3.91

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 11:39:38 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2021, 02:44:49 PM by ultraviolet »

To answer the title, white men are often demonized by parts of the left, this no doubt pushes some to the right. They see politicians, journalists, or even random people on twitter hating on white men, take it personally and that’s that. Plus, since just looking at the parties will reveal the GOP is the party of white (men), and the Democratic Party is not, it’s only natural that they would flock to the GOP.

Even if these young men aren’t anti LGBT, the main base of the GOP of older voters tend to be more so. I think as the base of older whites gets replaced with younger (more diverse?) people, the anti-gay sentiment will be dropped and it be reduced to a minor issue for the party, they’ll be indifferent really.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 05:05:54 PM »

White men, especially those in rural areas, that are under 30 are the most conservative voters under 30.  The rest of the under-30 electorate is not really that conservative.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 05:18:02 PM »

Boredom, alienation, and too much time on the Internet are potent forces for radicalization, and for those who are less online there's often a local/familial tradition of those views that they're drawing from.
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 05:34:36 PM »

The alienation of modern life prompts a great many people to search for radical answers. Unfortunately, the particular answers people find tend to be determined by the slice of the demographic pie they landed in. Young white men grow up in a conservative bubble, so when they go searching for answers they usually dive deeper into that morass.
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 11:07:35 PM »

I don't really think they represent a big part of young men, I'm 23 and maybe it's my environment, but most people are liberal on social issues or they simply don't care of someone being gay or whatever, it's your life. This far-right incels of 4Chan are the typical weirdos but they're a loudy minority, I can guarantee you that almost anybody know who Nick Fuentes is lol

I don't get this assertion that incels are exclusively far right/alt right. I've known plenty who were Bernie Bros...I'll concede the one thing incels tend not to be is centrist.
EastwoodS

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 11:16:47 PM »

I don't get this assertion that incels are exclusively far right/alt right. I've known plenty who were Bernie Bros...I'll concede the one thing incels tend not to be is centrist.
Oh my god, do you remember when these same people were having wet dreams about Andrew Yang?
Ron DeSantis enthusiast
FranciscoM97

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2021, 11:26:25 PM »

I didn't imply that incels are only far-right, I was only describing the young far-right men, but I would say that most of them tend to be far-right than Bernie bros, I mean, Chapos community is not that big like 4Chan
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2021, 09:06:13 PM »

Because they're realizing they won't have absolute power over everyone else like their fathers and grandfathers did, and they're lashing out.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2021, 05:01:21 AM »

Well, for one thing, you're basing that assertion off of a random Twitter conversation.

As stated many a time on Atlas, Twitter isn't real life.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2021, 08:53:27 PM »

Sexual frustration, testosterone, and anorexia, a dangerous combination. .
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2021, 02:47:37 PM »

Hey, I’m not a far-righter, that’s not an excuse!
EastwoodS

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2021, 06:40:38 PM »

I thought it funny tho, ngl
Motorcity

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2021, 02:03:20 PM »

Its not strong, its just some weirdos

Why this demographic has it worst? Sexual frustration. And the demand by society to provide financially.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2021, 12:37:49 AM »

If your BMI is closer to (or above) average, then one of those is solved. Really, I am deadly serious about my conjecture.

Anorexia kills young women without making them violent (I think of the late Karen Carpenter); many of the young men involved in violent outbursts seem to be pathologically thin. That includes Dylann Roof*, Jared Laughner, and the fellow who shot up a cinema in Aurora, Colorado.

Testosterone makes a huge difference in character. Don't believe me? My family had two golden cocker spaniels, one male and one female. The female was as placid as is possible and the male was much more aggressive. Both were neutered, but it is obviously that the female had no testosterone. Sure, female dogs with puppies are literal bitches (and that is how the word came into derogatory use against women) and you can expect them to protect their puppies ferociously just as would any carnivore. At that female dogs are as violently protective as female "tigers and lions and bears"; mess with puppies and you will get hurt. The dogs had the same family, and they had much the same environment through their lives. They were even of the same breed, which matters -- so I am not contrasting a Golden Retriever against an infamously-aggressive breed like a Yorkshire tiger -- excuse me, terrier, or even two different "mousehounds".*

In any event, fascist and communist causes are more likely to attract males than females. Although there are obese fascists like Goering, it is easier to see that hunger and sexual frustration (which relates to mass poverty in hard times) makes violent totalitarian causes more attractive, especially to men. Women are not as prone to fascist causes, becoming at most 'auxiliaries' of totalitarian causes and almost never formal leaders. Just look at the lists of people executed in Stalin's Great Purge (Stalin seems to have kept his hands off women and to have been a male-chauvinist pig) and the registers of executed war criminals or similar offenders after the demise of regimes of Adolf Hitler, Hideki Tojo, Satan Hussein, and the madhouse behind the Rwanda genocide. If you think that this is irrelevant to America... then the KKK (which was a powerful organization in the 1920's) was a heavily-male organization. Such is so also with later Klans and with neo-Nazi cults. There's good reason for the Proud Boys calling themselves the Proud Boys.

I could also suggest that one Nazi concern attractive to "Aryan" men with the infamous "lean and hungry look"... that attractive young German women might find more economic security with a middle-aged and slightly-overweight Jewish man, probably a successful small businessman or professional. A commonplace stereotype of Jews in Nazi propaganda, perhaps third only to noses shaped like sixes and tightly-curled hair, was obesity.     

It is telling that the victorious Allies quickly insisted upon the female franchise in Italy and Japan... and that Charles de Gaulle acquiesced to a demand by his British and American allies that France give women the vote. Women were less likely to fall for fascist and communist causes, and the collaborationists in France during World War II were also largely male. 

So, eat hearty, men! If you can't get the girls, then enjoy some clam chowder, cheeseburgers, or cherry pie instead. None of those is comparable to an orgasm, but one can have an unhealthy BMI on either side of normality.

*Wouldn't it have been better had he met a nice black girl at the church that he shot up, fallen in love with her, married her and had some stunningly-beautiful biracial children with her, with his story entitled "How I left a Heritage of Hate" in Ebony or Jet Magazine.   

**Cats. My effort at humor in a deadly subject. 
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2021, 12:57:19 AM »

If your BMI is closer to (or above) average, then one of those is solved. Really, I am deadly serious about my conjecture.

Anorexia kills young women without making them violent (I think of the late Karen Carpenter); many of the young men involved in violent outbursts seem to be pathologically thin. That includes Dylann Roof*, Jared Laughner, and the fellow who shot up a cinema in Aurora, Colorado.

Testosterone makes a huge difference in character. Don't believe me? My family had two golden cocker spaniels, one male and one female. The female was as placid as is possible and the male was much more aggressive. Both were neutered, but it is obviously that the female had no testosterone. Sure, female dogs with puppies are literal bitches (and that is how the word came into derogatory use against women) and you can expect them to protect their puppies ferociously just as would any carnivore. At that female dogs are as violently protective as female "tigers and lions and bears"; mess with puppies and you will get hurt. The dogs had the same family, and they had much the same environment through their lives. They were even of the same breed, which matters -- so I am not contrasting a Golden Retriever against an infamously-aggressive breed like a Yorkshire tiger -- excuse me, terrier, or even two different "mousehounds".*

In any event, fascist and communist causes are more likely to attract males than females. Although there are obese fascists like Goering, it is easier to see that hunger and sexual frustration (which relates to mass poverty in hard times) makes violent totalitarian causes more attractive, especially to men. Women are not as prone to fascist causes, becoming at most 'auxiliaries' of totalitarian causes and almost never formal leaders. Just look at the lists of people executed in Stalin's Great Purge (Stalin seems to have kept his hands off women and to have been a male-chauvinist pig) and the registers of executed war criminals or similar offenders after the demise of regimes of Adolf Hitler, Hideki Tojo, Satan Hussein, and the madhouse behind the Rwanda genocide. If you think that this is irrelevant to America... then the KKK (which was a powerful organization in the 1920's) was a heavily-male organization. Such is so also with later Klans and with neo-Nazi cults. There's good reason for the Proud Boys calling themselves the Proud Boys.

I could also suggest that one Nazi concern attractive to "Aryan" men with the infamous "lean and hungry look"... that attractive young German women might find more economic security with a middle-aged and slightly-overweight Jewish man, probably a successful small businessman or professional. A commonplace stereotype of Jews in Nazi propaganda, perhaps third only to noses shaped like sixes and tightly-curled hair, was obesity.     

It is telling that the victorious Allies quickly insisted upon the female franchise in Italy and Japan... and that Charles de Gaulle acquiesced to a demand by his British and American allies that France give women the vote. Women were less likely to fall for fascist and communist causes, and the collaborationists in France during World War II were also largely male. 

So, eat hearty, men! If you can't get the girls, then enjoy some clam chowder, cheeseburgers, or cherry pie instead. None of those is comparable to an orgasm, but one can have an unhealthy BMI on either side of normality.

*Wouldn't it have been better had he met a nice black girl at the church that he shot up, fallen in love with her, married her and had some stunningly-beautiful biracial children with her, with his story entitled "How I left a Heritage of Hate" in Ebony or Jet Magazine.   

**Cats. My effort at humor in a deadly subject. 
So um...my BMI has always been naturally low, and when I was restricting it fell to levels that in most people would be much worse (obv way below average)
Am I the next Dylan Roof?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2021, 05:23:56 AM »

Testosterone makes a huge difference in character. Don't believe me? My family had two golden cocker spaniels, one male and one female. The female was as placid as is possible and the male was much more aggressive. Both were neutered, but it is obviously that the female had no testosterone. Sure, female dogs with puppies (aggressively defend their puppies as do any other large carnivores, and dogs differ from bears and Big Cats as killers only in being smaller -- maybe -- and better behaved. Messing with puppies in the presence of their mother is a good way to get mauled badly).   

So um...my BMI has always been naturally low, and when I was restricting it fell to levels that in most people would be much worse (obv way below average)
Am I the next Dylan Roof?

I hope not!

Other problems:

a messy childhood
a mental disorder
questionable associations
loneliness and lack of a social life
untreated or ill-treated STD's
sexual abnormality
sociopathy or psychopathy
economic or vocational uncertainty
extreme stress

could have played a role in those horrible crimes. Assuming that you are male, you would be better off with a girlfriend or a gay lover than loading up on mashed potatoes and gravy or getting a beer belly. That is for reasons of health. Having someone credible who can say NO, let alone HELL NO!, to you when you start to drift into troublesome behavior is precious. This is so at any age, and no matter what else is right about your life. Without someone credible to say no, one can be lulled into doing things that one thinks that one can get away with until those crash down. A boss can control you only while you are at work or on matters that can decide whether you keep the job.       
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2021, 11:03:57 PM »

Assuming that you are male, you would be better off with a girlfriend or a gay lover than loading up on mashed potatoes and gravy or getting a beer belly. That is for reasons of health. Having someone credible who can say NO, let alone HELL NO!, to you when you start to drift into troublesome behavior is precious. This is so at any age, and no matter what else is right about your life. Without someone credible to say no, one can be lulled into doing things that one thinks that one can get away with until those crash down. A boss can control you only while you are at work or on matters that can decide whether you keep the job.      

Lucky for me, I've got a girlfriend who appreciates mashed potatoes, gravy and a beer belly
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2021, 01:53:18 AM »

SJW cringe compilations, culture wars, etc.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2021, 12:32:52 PM »

The same facts that make people into Neo Nazis or Jihadists.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2021, 12:38:53 PM »

White men, especially those in rural areas, that are under 30 are the most conservative voters under 30.  The rest of the under-30 electorate is not really that conservative.
That explains the heavy Democratic trend of white men in California.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2021, 02:13:11 AM »

I didn't imply that incels are only far-right, I was only describing the young far-right men, but I would say that most of them tend to be far-right than Bernie bros, I mean, Chapos community is not that big like 4Chan

Most incels are apolitical. Some are pretty left wing too actually. Have you seen the debate between Vaush and the leftist incel in Vaush’s video titled “Women don’t owe you anything, debating a Leftist incel” calling most incels “far right” is a bit of a stretch. That would be like if I said most people in the Nation of Islam were far left.

Plus, as counterintuitive as this might sound, men’s rights activists in general are actually pretty socially liberal. They tend to agree with feminists on nearly everything except for the notion of “toxic masculinity” and that term is actually what drives the wedge between feminists and MRAs.

I know not all MRAs are incels but I think it was worth mentioning seeing as how many will mistake men’s rights activists for being far right when in fact they’re almost exclusively on the left. They’re basically male feminists who reject the notion of male privilege and toxic masculinity.
Bush did 311
Vatnos
Rookie
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2021, 11:52:23 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2021, 12:14:49 PM by Vatnos »

MRAs fall into a broad range. Some are more traditionalist in their social views, and some agree with feminists on most things, but disagree that patriarchy is the cause of all gender related issues or can be used to explain every ill that women face, or that men don't face significant ills too, in some ways.

As for social conservative radicals... I think this is a group that historically tries to survive through birthrate wars. Instead of trying to win any battle of ideas they just outbreed their enemies and then raise their kids to be hardliners, and you can see this in many reactionary societies throughout history. Hence their disdain for non reproducing groups like sexual minorities, as well as their disdain for women that eschew traditional gender roles. It goes beyond Christianity.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies