Opinion of Del Tachi?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:03:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Del Tachi?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: ??
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 126

Author Topic: Opinion of Del Tachi?  (Read 5081 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2021, 08:39:41 PM »

It’s not quite The Hero with a Thousand Faces,

Speaking as a religious studies academic, this is a point in its favor.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2021, 08:53:51 AM »

The reaction against him is a striking illustration of how much the Overton window has narrowed on this forum compared to where it used to be.
I dissent!

DC, TJ, RI, John Dule, RINO Tom, Deadman, and a number of serious rightists on this forum are just as prominent as ever. To pretend that there’s been some drastic shift there is nonsense.

Speaking as one of those serious rightists, I agree with Shua. The forum has become significantly less hospitable to rightists over the past few years. Based on my conversations with other forum rightists, I suspect most of the other serious rightists you cited agree with me.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2021, 02:05:58 AM »

The reaction against him is a striking illustration of how much the Overton window has narrowed on this forum compared to where it used to be.
I dissent!

DC, TJ, RI, John Dule, RINO Tom, Deadman, and a number of serious rightists on this forum are just as prominent as ever. To pretend that there’s been some drastic shift there is nonsense.

Speaking as one of those serious rightists, I agree with Shua. The forum has become significantly less hospitable to rightists over the past few years. Based on my conversations with other forum rightists, I suspect most of the other serious rightists you cited agree with me.

With the rise and allegiance to Trump, in practice even if only done as a marriage of convenience, the atlas right as for the last few years increasingly defended the indefensible, and lauded or at least fully accepted that which was justifiably condemnable.

Something something lie down with dogs wake up with fleas.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2021, 03:14:21 AM »

It's kind of sad. With each passing year, the share of interesting posters declines on favour of indistinguishable D-Big State avatars all posting the same generic centre left takes.

This site is noticeably worse with Sanchez, Grassroots, and Yellowhammer gone. If the Red Avatar Stasi comes for Santander I am leaving.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2021, 03:21:56 AM »

This site is noticeably worse with Sanchez, Grassroots, and Yellowhammer gone. If the Red Avatar Stasi comes for Santander I am leaving.

I just reported your post.

FAQ

What does this mean?:
Your post will be sent to the Talk Elections Moderation Team for review. Consequences may follow.

Why did you do this?:
There are several reasons why I may report a post. These include, but are not limited to:
* Rudeness towards other Talk Elections Bloggers,
* Spreading incorrect information,
* Sarcasm not correctly flagged with a /s.

Am I banned from Talk Elections?:
No - not yet. But you should refrain from making posts like this in the future. Otherwise I will be forced to report your posts, which may put your posting privileges in jeopardy.

I don't believe my post deserved to be reported. Can you un-report it?:
Sure, mistakes happen. But only in exceedingly rare circumstances will I undo a report. If you would like to issue an appeal, shoot me a private message explaining what I got wrong. I tend to respond to Talk Elections PMs within several minutes. Do note, however, that over 96.1% of report appeals are rejected, and yours is likely no exception.

How can I prevent this from happening in the future?:
Accept the report and move on. But learn from this mistake: your behavior will not be tolerated on TalkElections.org. I will continue to report your posts until you improve your conduct. Remember: Talk Elections is privilege, not a right.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2021, 11:45:06 AM »

Again, the solution is to not ban right wingers, but to get rid of any enforcement of personal attack/threats against them.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2021, 11:46:43 AM »

It’s not quite The Hero with a Thousand Faces,

Speaking as a religious studies academic, this is a point in its favor.

Go on...
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2021, 01:22:26 PM »

Del Tachi is a gish-galloping, naked ideologue who people give credit to because he's one of the few conservatives capable of posting more than one paragraph at a time. I'm not sure if he's morally bankrupt, intellectually bankrupt, or some combination. But does he make the forum a better place? Obviously he does.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2021, 08:00:09 PM »

It's kind of sad. With each passing year, the share of interesting posters declines on favour of indistinguishable D-Big State avatars all posting the same generic centre left takes.

Yeah, so am I!
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2021, 08:02:29 PM »

I dissent!

It goes both ways though. Saruku was relentlessly attacked and driven off the forum.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2021, 09:11:14 PM »

I dissent!

It goes both ways though. Saruku was relentlessly attacked and driven off the forum.

Genocide denial usually leads to that, yes.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2021, 09:18:42 PM »

Honestly, I don't disagree. We need you all to keep things interesting. But blue avatars seem disproportionately inclined towards violating the TOS.

And idk who wants Del Taichi banned bc that would obviously be a bad take.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2021, 12:01:27 AM »

Well, Yellowhammer wasn't banned, but quit in a snit, and apparently slunk back in.  Sad.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2021, 12:25:04 AM »

Del Tachi is a gish-galloping, naked ideologue who people give credit to because he's one of the few conservatives capable of posting more than one paragraph at a time. I'm not sure if he's morally bankrupt, intellectually bankrupt, or some combination. But does he make the forum a better place? Obviously he does.

Concurring.

A lot of Del Tachi takes are stomach churning (as are mine occasionally) but he posts from a different perspective and usually argues in good faith.
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2021, 04:26:16 AM »

HP for defending the Capitol storming
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2021, 07:33:59 AM »

I dissent!

He never did that, unless you want to accuse the numerous people who said they would swear in on a copy of the US Constitution of the same thing, because apparently defending or supporting a country is also justifying/denying every crime they may or may not have committed.

Also, we just had a poster call the Confederate surrender the darkest moment in American history. Come to think of it, Del Taco might agree with that one. It certainly seems on brand.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2021, 08:02:05 AM »

Also, we just had a poster call the Confederate surrender the darkest moment in American history.

Who?
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2021, 08:41:29 AM »

Also, we just had a poster call the Confederate surrender the darkest moment in American history.

Who?

Yellowhammer.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2021, 09:08:16 AM »

I dissent!

He never did that, unless you want to accuse the numerous people who said they would swear in on a copy of the US Constitution of the same thing, because apparently defending or supporting a country is also justifying/denying every crime they may or may not have committed.

Also, we just had a poster call the Confederate surrender the darkest moment in American history. Come to think of it, Del Taco might agree with that one. It certainly seems on brand.

Saruku was not merely an apologist for the PRC, he explicitly stated that he thought there was nothing wrong with the treatment of the Uighurs.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2021, 10:21:08 AM »

Still a lean FF, although my disagreements with him on a number of political issues have grown in recent months. As I've said before, he often comes across as arrogant and condescending when he makes his arguments. I think becoming more humble might help him get his points across more effectively to others, although I still do commend him for the evidence which he provides for those points.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2021, 02:21:50 PM »

What does "serious rightist" mean? Am I a serious rightist too? Or will I become one? Or am I too unserious to be a serious rightist? What a weird phrase.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2021, 08:26:19 PM »

I dissent!

Yes, the window has not narrowed only against the right, though that is most noticeable.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2021, 12:48:33 PM »

The best solution to a problem of intolerance is exposure therapy - if you want to be taken more seriously, post more and more so that people can understand you. In an exchange of good ideas, people will be less hostile to ideas they are more familiar with.

I, however, am far more interested in takes from Parrotguy and smoltchanov and such - people from countries very different from my own. The repetition of circular talking points has become less common on here over the years, and that’s a good thing. Furthermore, I think the recent uptick in abortion discussions, where pretty minimal hostility to the right wing position has been shown, demonstrates that in an ongoing debate, right wing ideas can and will be taken seriously.

If you want to talk specific problems with moderators, okay. That’s fine with me. But to merely argue that the Overton Window on Atlas is shrinking and this is inherently a bad thing? I think that sort of persecution complex is going to damage the right on Atlas far more than it will help them.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2021, 03:08:56 PM »

One of the biggest Republican cheerleaders on the forum. Always has been, even before Trump tbh.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2021, 09:48:26 PM »

He's an FF in my book.

I've spoken for years how the Left here are trying to turn this place into an Echo Chamber.  The comments by Shua, DC Al Fine, and some others convince have convinced me that this is the case.  The Echo Chamber is pretty much here.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies