Opinion of Ronald Reagan? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:45:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Ronald Reagan? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 158

Author Topic: Opinion of Ronald Reagan?  (Read 9079 times)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« on: January 11, 2021, 12:28:02 AM »

I leave you with four words

(nsfw)

Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 08:20:34 PM »

Get you someone who will defend you the way TheReckoning defends the most senile and morally bankrupt carcass of a B-list actor to ever be president.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 09:04:12 PM »

Get you someone who will defend you the way TheReckoning defends the most senile and morally bankrupt carcass of a B-list actor to ever be president.

I can’t believe you are calling Reagan the most morally bankrupt president after the last 4 years.

Recency bias. Trump was awful but Reagan caused more permanent damage.

If there's a hell he's cooking in it, if there's not, it's better than what he deserved. F*** Reagan.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 10:20:47 PM »

The fact that the Democrats on this board are calling the 7th best president ever (according to independent analysts) a HP show they aren’t as objective as they think.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/02/19/opinion/how-does-trump-stack-up-against-the-best-and-worst-presidents.html

Of course we're not objective. How do you think opinions work?

Saying that Reagan was a horrible president is like calling Trump an amazing president. If you want to say that’s simply an opinion and not objectively wrong, then go ahead.

Political opinions can't be "objectively" anything. Ranking Presidents is an opinion no matter how you slice it. I believe Reagan and Trump were both very bad Presidents (although Trump has certainly proved himself to be worse) and my ratings would reflect that.

I think the question then becomes: why is your opinion so out of line with effectively all political scientists, including Democrats? Why do you believe you know better than them?

Usually most rankings by political scientists and historians of recent Presidents judge them without prejudice to their accomplishments, and rather just the amount of accomplishment they had or effect on the country, although I believe Reagan's effect on the country was terrible, there's no doubt he had a massive effect on it. Although I suspect this attempt at objectivity of recent Presidents will not apply to Trump, as his "administration" was so obviously and egregiously terrible.

That’s how presidents should be judged , and  not based on how much you agree with them on the issues

Reagan did lots of terrible things.

You: "Ah, but you have heard of him"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies