These are the House Republicans who voted to certify the Pennsylvania election result
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2024, 09:22:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  These are the House Republicans who voted to certify the Pennsylvania election result
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: These are the House Republicans who voted to certify the Pennsylvania election result  (Read 1241 times)
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 10, 2021, 02:21:03 PM »
« edited: January 10, 2021, 04:20:08 PM by Frank »

Or who abstained.

Alaska
1.Don Young

Arkansas
2.French Hill
3.Steve Womack
4.Bruce Westerman

California
5.Tom McClintock (!)
6.David Valadao
7.Young Kim
8.Michelle Steel

Colorado
9.Ken Buck (!) was the leader of some pro certification Republican faction

Florida
10.Clint Curtis
11.Gus Bilirikis
12.Vern Buchanan
13.Maria Salazar

Georgia
14.Drew Ferguson (!)
15.Austin Scott (!)

Idaho
16.Mike Simpson

Illinois
17.Rodney Davis
18.Adam Kinzinger
19.Darin LaHood

Indiana
20.Vicky Spartz (!)
21.Larry Bucshon (!)
22.'Trey' Hollingsworth (!)

Iowa
23.Ashley Hinson
24.Marienette Miller-Meeks
25.Randy Feenstra (already superior to Steve King)

Kansas
26.Jake LaTurner

Kentucky
27.James Comer (!)
28.Brett Guthrie
29.Thomas Massie
30.Andy Barr

Michigan
31.Bill Huizenga
32.Peter Meijer
33.John Moolinar
34.Fred Upton

Minnesota
35.Tom Emmer
36.Pete Stauber

Missouri
37.Ann Wagner

Nebraska
38.Jeff Fortenberry
39.Don Bacon (!)

Nevada
40.Mark Amodei (!)

New Jersey
41.Chris Smith

New York
42.Andrew Garbarino
43.Thomas Reed
44.John Katko

North Carolina
45.Patrick McHenry

North Dakota
46.Kelly Armstrong

Ohio
47.Brad Wenstrup
48.Robert Latta
49.Mike Turner
50.Troy Balderson (!)
51.David Joyce
52.Steve Stivers
53.Anthony Gonzalez

Pennsylvania
54.Brian Fitzpatrick

South Carolina
55.Nancy Mace

South Dakota
56.Dusty Johnson

Texas
57.Dan Crenshaw (!!!)
58.Van Taylor
59.Kevin Brady
60.Michael McCaul
61.Kay Granger
62.Chip Roy
63.Tony Gonzales

Utah
64.Blake Moore
65.John Curtis

Washington
66.Jamie Herrera Beutler
67.Dan Newhouse
68.Cathy McMorris Rodgers

West Virginia
69.David McKinley

Wisconsin
70.Bryan Steil
71.Glenn Grothman (!)
72.Mike Gallagher

Wyoming
73.Liz Cheney

Notes
1.I have to assume that so many voting to certify (or abstained) in Kentucky was in deference to Mitch McConnell (all but 'Hal' Rogers) and those voting to certify (or abstain) in Indiana was in deference to Mike Pence.

2.61 men and 12 women Republicans voted to certify (or abstained)

3.13 of the 43 Republican pure freshmen voted to certify (or abstained.)  (There are the three former House members who returned in 2020: David Valadao, Darrel Issa and Pete Sessions, Claudia Tenney is still outstanding.)

4.I expect that Liz Cheney will lose her leadership position most likely to Elise Stefanik.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 03:43:49 PM »

Brian Fitzpatrick remains the only tolerable Pennsylvania Republican.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 04:14:49 PM »

https://clerk.house.gov/Votes

Which one was PA?  10 or 11?  I can't tell.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 04:15:36 PM »

11. For some reason, it had more objections than AZ.

Also were there any Republicans who objected to AZ but not PA?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 04:17:07 PM »

Who's Kim Young?
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 04:17:20 PM »

11. For some reason, it had more objections than AZ.

Also were there any Republicans who objected to AZ but not PA?

I don't know about the House, but Sen. Kennedy did this, whereas Sens. Scott and Lummis objected to PA but not AZ.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 04:20:24 PM »

Corrected.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 04:21:48 PM »

Rob Wittman, who represents VA-01, voted to certify the AZ result but not the PA result. I admittedly haven't paid much attention, but why is the PA objection more 'credible' than the AZ objection?

LOL
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 04:27:46 PM »

That would be her name in Korean style, while it's Young Kim in American/Western style, right?
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2021, 05:27:17 PM »

Heterophobe
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2021, 05:39:48 PM »

That would be her name in Korean style, while it's Young Kim in American/Western style, right?

Yes. Surnames are typically written before given names in Korean as well as in Chinese, Japanese, and Vietnamese. It's funny that Kim Young also seems like a plausible name for a woman of English descent though.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2021, 05:43:12 PM »

Rob Wittman, who represents VA-01, voted to certify the AZ result but not the PA result. I admittedly haven't paid much attention, but why is the PA objection more 'credible' than the AZ objection?

iirc Arizona had more state-level Republicans defending the integrity of its results, kind of like Georgia did.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2021, 05:47:23 PM »

I continue to remain shocked that Ken Buck voted to certify the election results, and didn't support the objections. He has generally been the "kookiest" or most right-wing member of Colorado's delegation. Why did he decide to certify? But otherwise, most of the names on this list don't surprise me. Most of these Republicans belong to the more "moderate" or "establishment" half of the Party-people such as Brian Fitzpatrick, Chris Smith, John Katko, Jaime Herrera-Beutler, Adam Kinzinger, Liz Cheney, Dan Crenshaw, Dusty Johnson, Nancy Mace, Young Kim, and Mike Gallagher, to give some examples (and that isn't an exhaustive list). This list helps us to determine which Republicans retain some semblance of sanity, and it also helps us to determine who would be more likely to vote for Trump's impeachment.
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2021, 06:47:06 PM »

I continue to remain shocked that Ken Buck voted to certify the election results, and didn't support the objections. He has generally been the "kookiest" or most right-wing member of Colorado's delegation. Why did he decide to certify? But otherwise, most of the names on this list don't surprise me. Most of these Republicans belong to the more "moderate" or "establishment" half of the Party-people such as Brian Fitzpatrick, Chris Smith, John Katko, Jaime Herrera-Beutler, Adam Kinzinger, Liz Cheney, Dan Crenshaw, Dusty Johnson, Nancy Mace, Young Kim, and Mike Gallagher, to give some examples (and that isn't an exhaustive list). This list helps us to determine which Republicans retain some semblance of sanity, and it also helps us to determine who would be more likely to vote for Trump's impeachment.

For what it's worth, Buck, Mace, and Gallagher have already said they oppose impeachment, but Fitzpatrick, Kinzinger, Katko, and Kim would definitely be among the first Republicans to support it (along with Reed, Upton, and Meijer, I would guess).
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2021, 06:51:54 PM »

Buck led a group of like 10 Congressmen that release a statement saying that they thought the election was stolen, but they didn't believe, constitutionally, Congress can interfere with the electoral college, or something along those lines.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2021, 07:12:48 PM »

For what it's worth, Buck, Mace, and Gallagher have already said they oppose impeachment, but Fitzpatrick, Kinzinger, Katko, and Kim would definitely be among the first Republicans to support it (along with Reed, Upton, and Meijer, I would guess).

I see. I did note in my comment that these members would be the ones more likely to support impeachment, not that they necessarily would.

Buck led a group of like 10 Congressmen that release a statement saying that they thought the election was stolen, but they didn't believe, constitutionally, Congress can interfere with the electoral college, or something along those lines.

That makes sense, given his ideology and disposition. At least he didn't vote for the objections.
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2021, 07:14:29 PM »

I see. I did note in my comment that these members would be the ones more likely to support impeachment, not that they necessarily would.

I myself thought that Mace would be among the most likely as well, given her comments in the wake of the storming.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2021, 07:16:50 PM »

Very well, they can all keep their jobs. However, those that voted for the Arizona objection and not this one (for whatever reason), should still be culpable for sedition. There are also some real surprises on that list. You know you're a piece of s*** when Ken Buck and Dan Crenshaw look more reasonable than you.

I have to say, so far the freshman House members who rejected both state objections are now officially the best Republican politicians of the entire Trump era outside of certain Governors, if only because their voting records are in their infancy. I'm sure they'll disappoint in time though.

Side note: I expect Nancy Mace to eventually be the subject of a "Is ___ Attractive?" thread.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2021, 07:18:06 PM »

Very well, they can all keep their jobs. However, those that voted for the Arizona objection and not this one (for whatever reason), should still be culpable for sedition.

I have to say, so far the freshman House members, like Mace especially who said she also might be open to voting for Trump's second impeachment, who rejected both state objections are now officially the best Republican politicians of the entire Trump era outside of certain Governors, if only because their voting records are in their infancy. I'm sure they'll disappoint in time though.

Side note: I expect Nancy Mace to eventually be the subject of a "Is ___ Attractive?" thread.

Yes!
AZDem
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2021, 07:31:17 PM »

Or who abstained.

Alaska
1.Don Young

Arkansas
2.French Hill
3.Steve Womack
4.Bruce Westerman

California
5.Tom McClintock (!)
6.David Valadao
7.Young Kim
8.Michelle Steel

Colorado
9.Ken Buck (!) was the leader of some pro certification Republican faction

Florida
10.Clint Curtis
11.Gus Bilirikis
12.Vern Buchanan
13.Maria Salazar

Georgia
14.Drew Ferguson (!)
15.Austin Scott (!)

Idaho
16.Mike Simpson

Illinois
17.Rodney Davis
18.Adam Kinzinger
19.Darin LaHood

Indiana
20.Vicky Spartz (!)
21.Larry Bucshon (!)
22.'Trey' Hollingsworth (!)

Iowa
23.Ashley Hinson
24.Marienette Miller-Meeks
25.Randy Feenstra (already superior to Steve King)

Kansas
26.Jake LaTurner

Kentucky
27.James Comer (!)
28.Brett Guthrie
29.Thomas Massie
30.Andy Barr

Michigan
31.Bill Huizenga
32.Peter Meijer
33.John Moolinar
34.Fred Upton

Minnesota
35.Tom Emmer
36.Pete Stauber

Missouri
37.Ann Wagner

Nebraska
38.Jeff Fortenberry
39.Don Bacon (!)

Nevada
40.Mark Amodei (!)

New Jersey
41.Chris Smith

New York
42.Andrew Garbarino
43.Thomas Reed
44.John Katko

North Carolina
45.Patrick McHenry

North Dakota
46.Kelly Armstrong

Ohio
47.Brad Wenstrup
48.Robert Latta
49.Mike Turner
50.Troy Balderson (!)
51.David Joyce
52.Steve Stivers
53.Anthony Gonzalez

Pennsylvania
54.Brian Fitzpatrick

South Carolina
55.Nancy Mace

South Dakota
56.Dusty Johnson

Texas
57.Dan Crenshaw (!!!)
58.Van Taylor
59.Kevin Brady
60.Michael McCaul
61.Kay Granger
62.Chip Roy
63.Tony Gonzales

Utah
64.Blake Moore
65.John Curtis

Washington
66.Jamie Herrera Beutler
67.Dan Newhouse
68.Cathy McMorris Rodgers

West Virginia
69.David McKinley

Wisconsin
70.Bryan Steil
71.Glenn Grothman (!)
72.Mike Gallagher

Wyoming
73.Liz Cheney

Notes
1.I have to assume that so many voting to certify (or abstained) in Kentucky was in deference to Mitch McConnell (all but 'Hal' Rogers) and those voting to certify (or abstain) in Indiana was in deference to Mike Pence.

2.61 men and 12 women Republicans voted to certify (or abstained)

3.13 of the 43 Republican pure freshmen voted to certify (or abstained.)  (There are the three former House members who returned in 2020: David Valadao, Darrel Issa and Pete Sessions, Claudia Tenney is still outstanding.)

4.I expect that Liz Cheney will lose her leadership position most likely to Elise Stefanik.

Of course none of the AZ crazy quartet are on this list: Gosar, Biggs, Schweikert, Lesko! Thanks for not disappointing, you are ensuring that AZ gets bluer and bluer every single day.

BTW, I am proudly served by Gallego so luckily none these lunatics represent me.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies