Biden Cabinet Confirmation Live Thread ***hearings, votes, etc.*** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:07:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden Cabinet Confirmation Live Thread ***hearings, votes, etc.*** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden Cabinet Confirmation Live Thread ***hearings, votes, etc.***  (Read 103924 times)
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 20, 2021, 07:29:30 PM »

NO votes:
Blackburn
Braun
Cruz
Ernst
Hagerty
Hawley
Lee
Marshall
Paul
Risch

So I take it we can assume these are people who will acquit Trump?

I suppose, although Risch is kinda random.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 05:30:59 PM »

From the Buttigieg hearing:

Klobuchar-Buttigieg beef was easily my favorite part of the entire 2020 campaign cycle.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 11:29:22 AM »

Who will have the most trouble getting confirmed? Tanden?
Tanden (and maybe also Raimondo) is probably going to have the most trouble.

I could see it being the case where Republicans are unilaterally opposed to Tanden and Manchin/Sinema/Tester potentially also being opposed to her. It might end up being a 50/50 split with Kamala needing to tiebreak. Kamala obviously wouldn't vote against Tanden's nomination.

I kinda want Bernie to sink her nomination as a revenge, but he's too nice and has far too much class to do that.

Revenge for what, tweeting too much?

Yeah. That'd be a dumb move on Bernie's part. Tanden, for all her glorious Clintonista hackishness, is probably ideologically closer to Sanders than almost anyone else who could hold the job.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 03:10:15 PM »

You don’t have to like Tanden or hate Manchin to think it’s a bit ridiculous that the guy who voted to confirm Brett Kavanaugh won’t confirm Tanden cos she hurt people’s feelings online.
Joe Manchin is Joe Manchin. As brucejoel99 has said to me many times before, his performative politics is the reason why he's still a senator representing West Virginia - one of the most Republican and Trump-friendly states in America.

His opposition to Tanden is clearly performative. Anyways, what Dems have to do is make sure that we gain enough Senate seats in 2022 so that Manchin's vote becomes irrelevant.

The issue with this is that Manchin no longer has any reason to do this. Unless he's truly foolish enough to think he has a >0% chance of winning West Virginia in 2024, there is literally no reason for him not to be a party line hack anymore--unless he actually wants to screw part of the Biden agenda.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 12:08:59 PM »

What are the chances Murk votes for Tanden?

Unsure, but it's bribery time. Murk, how would you like a free bridge over Knick Arm?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies