Biden Cabinet Confirmation Live Thread ***hearings, votes, etc.***
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:28:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden Cabinet Confirmation Live Thread ***hearings, votes, etc.***
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 83
Author Topic: Biden Cabinet Confirmation Live Thread ***hearings, votes, etc.***  (Read 104018 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1725 on: January 10, 2023, 07:07:04 PM »

Hearings are not re-held, but the nominees still need to go through Markup again (which because of minority holds, takes two meetings). Nominees will thus begin reaching the floor again on February 2.

In other words, they all need another vote? If so, for those that tied in committee last term it's safe to assume they will not need discharge petitions this year.

I'm also wondering when we're going to find out the makeup and balance of the Senate Judiciary Committee for this Congress. With the new expanded majority and a Senator from each side retiring (Leahy and Sasse), I suppose it's likely to see a replacement for Leahy but not Sasse. Assuming no Democrats leave the committee, I wonder who will be the new addition.

I'd assume it'll be Welch or another Senator on the committee not likely to run in 2028, since he isn't running in 2028, and that avoids causing fights among Democrats in the Senate.

Also Dianne Feinstein was on Judiciary. There's no way she's getting that high-profile a committee in the new Congress, given her descent into senility. Someone has to replace her too.
Epaminondas

« Reply #1726 on: January 11, 2023, 02:23:51 PM »

It looks like Cardin is the one holding up the 4th Circuit vacancy for the MD seat. Link:

That whole article is quite alarming. Is it just another case of fearmongering Dems-in-Disarray or is there some truth about Blue-state blue slips leaving dozens of judgeships unfilled?
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #1727 on: January 14, 2023, 06:21:04 PM »

I'd assume it'll be Welch or another Senator on the committee not likely to run in 2028, since he isn't running in 2028, and that avoids causing fights among Democrats in the Senate.

Also Dianne Feinstein was on Judiciary. There's no way she's getting that high-profile a committee in the new Congress, given her descent into senility. Someone has to replace her too.

I wouldn't make that assumption, and Dianne Feinstein isn't going to leave Judiciary unless she wants to. As the most senior Democratic Senator, it's worth remembering that she declined the position of President Pro Tempore (a position Strom Thurmond held until the age of 98). I think it'll be simpler than that though. It's very likely just a matter of finding the one new Democratic Senator that will fill Leahy's seat.

That whole article is quite alarming. Is it just another case of fearmongering Dems-in-Disarray or is there some truth about Blue-state blue slips leaving dozens of judgeships unfilled?

It's a CNN article. Of course it reads as alarming. There are currently only four circuit court judgeships without nominees (including the 4th Circuit MD seat) and we haven't even confirmed the others that have been reported out of committee (or deadlocked in the previously tied committee). That number will rise though with the impending resignation of 9th Circuit Court Obama-appointee Judge Paul Watford. Blue slips don't apply to circuit courts though. It's just a matter of courtesy and respecting the advice part of "advice and consent" that the President consults with home states Senators. It's more important in blue states since they include the votes you need for confirmation. That contrasts with the 6th Circuit TN seat, where the White House eventually decided to steamroll the two Republican Senators since they weren't acting in good faith.

The bigger issue is district court judgeships. Blue slips are still in effect for those and Biden did have one of his judges blocked as a result (Ron Johnson blocked William Pocan, despite offering his name to the President). I think the goal over the past two years has been and currently is to fill up the blue state district court judgeships. Some of the split states have worked out alright too. As of December, Ohio has a full complement of district court judgeships now. Pat Toomey was also easy to work with as well, but Pennsylvania is no longer a split state and still has some judgeships left to fill. The major issue right now is that there are many district court vacancies in red states with two Republican Senators. Chairman Durbin will have to decide what to do if Republicans refuse to work with the President.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1728 on: January 15, 2023, 12:04:50 AM »

I wouldn't make that assumption, and Dianne Feinstein isn't going to leave Judiciary unless she wants to. As the most senior Democratic Senator, it's worth remembering that she declined the position of President Pro Tempore (a position Strom Thurmond held until the age of 98). I think it'll be simpler than that though. It's very likely just a matter of finding the one new Democratic Senator that will fill Leahy's seat.

It's a CNN article. Of course it reads as alarming. There are currently only four circuit court judgeships without nominees (including the 4th Circuit MD seat) and we haven't even confirmed the others that have been reported out of committee (or deadlocked in the previously tied committee). That number will rise though with the impending resignation of 9th Circuit Court Obama-appointee Judge Paul Watford. Blue slips don't apply to circuit courts though. It's just a matter of courtesy and respecting the advice part of "advice and consent" that the President consults with home states Senators. It's more important in blue states since they include the votes you need for confirmation. That contrasts with the 6th Circuit TN seat, where the White House eventually decided to steamroll the two Republican Senators since they weren't acting in good faith.

The bigger issue is district court judgeships. Blue slips are still in effect for those and Biden did have one of his judges blocked as a result (Ron Johnson blocked William Pocan, despite offering his name to the President). I think the goal over the past two years has been and currently is to fill up the blue state district court judgeships. Some of the split states have worked out alright too. As of December, Ohio has a full complement of district court judgeships now. Pat Toomey was also easy to work with as well, but Pennsylvania is no longer a split state and still has some judgeships left to fill. The major issue right now is that there are many district court vacancies in red states with two Republican Senators. Chairman Durbin will have to decide what to do if Republicans refuse to work with the President.

Filling all Circuit Court Judgeships, Blue state district court judgeships, and executive nominations will take up a ton of floor time on its own. Durbin will fill the red state vacancies as he can (and it looks like there is an agreed nominee for an Indiana seat), but I don't expect him to do anything drastic.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1729 on: January 15, 2023, 12:27:09 AM »

Filling all Circuit Court Judgeships, Blue state district court judgeships, and executive nominations will take up a ton of floor time on its own. Durbin will fill the red state vacancies as he can (and it looks like there is an agreed nominee for an Indiana seat), but I don't expect him to do anything drastic.

What else is the Senate supposed to do? Schumer is the new Grim Reaper for most House bills. We have several circuit court judges from last year, but so far only 5 left to fill. That's with a 30-hour cloture vote. District court judgeships only have a 2-hour cloture vote. We could have circuit courts and blue states done by summer. It's the red states and obstinate split states that are the problem. I'm not necessarily saying blue slips should be abolished entirely, but the current system is intolerable.
Epaminondas

« Reply #1730 on: January 15, 2023, 09:30:18 AM »

What else is the Senate supposed to do? Schumer is the new Grim Reaper for most House bills. We have several circuit court judges from last year, but so far only 5 left to fill. That's with a 30-hour cloture vote. District court judgeships only have a 2-hour cloture vote. We could have circuit courts and blue states done by summer. It's the red states and obstinate split states that are the problem.

There are currently 43 active circuit and district judges appointed by Bill Clinton, who must be getting up in age.
Would the Senate have time to renew that entire cohort, plus vacancies (not to mention the 12 Reagan appointees), in 2 years?
Epaminondas

« Reply #1731 on: January 15, 2023, 09:38:06 AM »
« Edited: January 19, 2023, 06:13:00 AM by Epaminondas »

That 8th circuit is bonkers, are dying judges carted in as they await a GOP president to retire?
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1732 on: January 18, 2023, 08:05:38 PM »

There are currently 43 active circuit and district judges appointed by Bill Clinton, who must be getting up in age.
Would the Senate have time to renew that entire cohort, plus vacancies (not to mention the 12 Reagan appointees), in 2 years?
That 10th circuit is bonkers, do they cart the dying judges in waiting for a GOP president?

The bulk of Biden's appointments have been filling Clinton retirements. We can certainly expect more, as well as some Obama appointments that reach eligibility for senior status. At the circuit court level, there aren't many Clinton appointees left and most of them aren't too old. At the district court level, there's the issue of blue slips. As for Reagan appointees, there's probably only one way Biden's filling those seats. You also have to realize that Reagan nominated some seriously young judges. Archconservative Edith Jones (5th Circuit) is only 73 and she's been on that court since 1985. Frank Easterbrook (a more traditional conservative of the 7th Circuit) is 74 and has also been on the federal appellate bench since 1985. Overall though, I can imagine the Senate being quite efficient if it wants to considering the unlikelihood of any significant legislation this Congress.

I'm assuming by 10th Circuit you actually meant 8th, right? If so, I'm not sure how that court got to be the way it did. However, as to the judiciary as a whole, Republicans did encourage conservative judges to retire while the Trump/McConnell assembly line was in full gear.

We also did get a new batch of judicial nominees from the White House today:

Michael A. Delaney (1st Circuit-NH)
Amanda Brailsford (District of Idaho) (!!!)
Jeffrey Cummings (Northern District of Illinois)
LaShonda A. Hunt (Northern District of Illinois)
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1733 on: January 23, 2023, 10:20:36 PM »

Owens (Assistant Secretary of Defense) confirmed 60-35:

NAYs ---35
Barrasso (R-WY)
Bennet (D-CO) (!)
Blackburn (R-TN)
Boozman (R-AR)
Braun (R-IN)
Britt (R-AL)
Budd (R-NC)
Cassidy (R-LA)
Cotton (R-AR)
Cramer (R-ND)
Crapo (R-ID)
Cruz (R-TX)
Daines (R-MT)
Fischer (R-NE)
Hagerty (R-TN)
Hawley (R-MO)
Hickenlooper (D-CO) (!)
Hoeven (R-ND)
Hyde-Smith (R-MS)
Johnson (R-WI)
Kennedy (R-LA)
Lankford (R-OK)
Lummis (R-WY)
Marshall (R-KS)
Mullin (R-OK)
Paul (R-KY)
Ricketts (R-NE)
Rubio (R-FL)
Schmitt (R-MO)
Scott (R-FL)
Scott (R-SC)
Sullivan (R-AK)
Thune (R-SD)
Tuberville (R-AL)
Vance (R-OH)

Not Voting - 5
King (I-ME)
Lee (R-UT)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Padilla (D-CA)
Risch (R-ID)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1734 on: January 23, 2023, 10:35:13 PM »

NAYs ---35
Barrasso (R-WY)
Bennet (D-CO) (!)
Blackburn (R-TN)
Boozman (R-AR)
Braun (R-IN)
Britt (R-AL)
Budd (R-NC)
Cassidy (R-LA)
Cotton (R-AR)
Cramer (R-ND)
Crapo (R-ID)
Cruz (R-TX)
Daines (R-MT)
Fischer (R-NE)
Hagerty (R-TN)
Hawley (R-MO)
Hickenlooper (D-CO) (!)
Hoeven (R-ND)
Hyde-Smith (R-MS)
Johnson (R-WI)
Kennedy (R-LA)
Lankford (R-OK)
Lummis (R-WY)
Marshall (R-KS)
Mullin (R-OK)
Paul (R-KY)
Ricketts (R-NE)
Rubio (R-FL)
Schmitt (R-MO)
Scott (R-FL)
Scott (R-SC)
Sullivan (R-AK)
Thune (R-SD)
Tuberville (R-AL)
Vance (R-OH)

Not Voting - 5
King (I-ME)
Lee (R-UT)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Padilla (D-CA)
Risch (R-ID)

I'd love to hear Hickenlooper and Bennet's objections, here. I would have thought a Defense Department nominee who got Nay votes from Democrats would get them from the left (so, like Warren, Brown, Baldwin, Sanders, for example).
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1735 on: January 25, 2023, 11:39:40 PM »

^There must be a reason for it to be state-specific like that.

Btw, there's actually an answer as to what's going on with the new composition of the Judiciary Committee. We've been waiting on Republicans. Newly-elected Senator Eric Schmitt (R-MO) wanted a spot on Judiciary, but internal Republican rules don't allow two Senators of the same state to be on a single committee without a waiver. Since Hawley is already the committee, he would've needed a waiver. This was the news earlier today:

Since he didn't get that and has to resubmit his committee preferences, the organizing resolution is being pushed back to next week. Apparently, Democrats are waiting on Republicans.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1736 on: January 28, 2023, 08:58:28 PM »

Touché. You were right about it being Welch. In the end, Leahy's seat is being filled by Welch and Sasse's seat is being eliminated to accommodate the new 11D-10R breakdown.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1737 on: January 30, 2023, 07:24:04 PM »

Zakheim (Board of Directors, Institute of Peace) confirmed 84-10:

NAYs ---10
Braun (R-IN)
Hawley (R-MO)
Lee (R-UT)
Merkley (D-OR)
Paul (R-KY)
Sanders (I-VT)
Schmitt (R-MO)
Scott (R-FL)
Scott (R-SC)
Vance (R-OH)

Not Voting - 6
Booker (D-NJ)
Cardin (D-MD)
Lummis (R-WY)
Markey (D-MA)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Wicker (R-MS)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1738 on: January 31, 2023, 11:36:52 AM »

Zakheim (Board of Directors, Institute of Peace) confirmed 84-10:

NAYs ---10
Braun (R-IN)
Hawley (R-MO)
Lee (R-UT)
Merkley (D-OR)
Paul (R-KY)
Sanders (I-VT)
Schmitt (R-MO)
Scott (R-FL)
Scott (R-SC)
Vance (R-OH)

Not Voting - 6
Booker (D-NJ)
Cardin (D-MD)
Lummis (R-WY)
Markey (D-MA)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Wicker (R-MS)

Wonder why Merkely voted no here?
MichaelRbn
Rookie
United States
« Reply #1739 on: February 02, 2023, 01:07:26 PM »

15 judges sent to the full Senate by the Judiciary Committee today.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1740 on: February 02, 2023, 08:58:32 PM »

Falk (Board of Directors, Institute of Peace) confirmed 60-37:

NAYs ---37
Barrasso (R-WY)
Blackburn (R-TN)
Boozman (R-AR)
Braun (R-IN)
Britt (R-AL)
Budd (R-NC)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Cotton (R-AR)
Crapo (R-ID)
Cruz (R-TX)
Daines (R-MT)
Ernst (R-IA)
Fischer (R-NE)
Grassley (R-IA)
Hagerty (R-TN)
Hawley (R-MO)
Hoeven (R-ND)
Hyde-Smith (R-MS)
Johnson (R-WI)
Lankford (R-OK)
Lee (R-UT)
Lummis (R-WY)
Marshall (R-KS)
Moran (R-KS)
Mullin (R-OK)
Paul (R-KY)
Risch (R-ID)
Romney (R-UT)
Schmitt (R-MO)
Scott (R-FL)
Scott (R-SC)
Sullivan (R-AK)
Thune (R-SD)
Tillis (R-NC)
Tuberville (R-AL)
Vance (R-OH)
Wicker (R-MS)

Not Voting - 3
Murkowski (R-AK)
Rubio (R-FL)
Sanders (I-VT)

choclatechip45
Rookie

« Reply #1741 on: February 02, 2023, 10:33:58 PM »

NAYs ---35
Barrasso (R-WY)
Bennet (D-CO) (!)
Blackburn (R-TN)
Boozman (R-AR)
Braun (R-IN)
Britt (R-AL)
Budd (R-NC)
Cassidy (R-LA)
Cotton (R-AR)
Cramer (R-ND)
Crapo (R-ID)
Cruz (R-TX)
Daines (R-MT)
Fischer (R-NE)
Hagerty (R-TN)
Hawley (R-MO)
Hickenlooper (D-CO) (!)
Hoeven (R-ND)
Hyde-Smith (R-MS)
Johnson (R-WI)
Kennedy (R-LA)
Lankford (R-OK)
Lummis (R-WY)
Marshall (R-KS)
Mullin (R-OK)
Paul (R-KY)
Ricketts (R-NE)
Rubio (R-FL)
Schmitt (R-MO)
Scott (R-FL)
Scott (R-SC)
Sullivan (R-AK)
Thune (R-SD)
Tuberville (R-AL)
Vance (R-OH)

Not Voting - 5
King (I-ME)
Lee (R-UT)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Padilla (D-CA)
Risch (R-ID)

I'd love to hear Hickenlooper and Bennet's objections, here. I would have thought a Defense Department nominee who got Nay votes from Democrats would get them from the left (so, like Warren, Brown, Baldwin, Sanders, for example).

I was curious and this is what looks like happened https://www.military.com/daily-news/2023/01/25/democrat-threatens-hold-pentagon-nominees-over-space-command-hq-decision.html
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1742 on: February 07, 2023, 11:32:34 PM »

Leader Schumer filed cloture on Executive Calendar #5 Cindy K. Chung to be United States Circuit Judge for the Third Circuit.
Leader Schumer filed cloture on Executive Calendar #9 Gina R. Mendez-Miro to be United States District Judge for the District of Puerto Rico.

Benjamin (4th Cir.) passes CLOTURE 54-43:

NAYs ---43
Barrasso (R-WY)
Blackburn (R-TN)
Boozman (R-AR)
Braun (R-IN)
Britt (R-AL)
Budd (R-NC)
Capito (R-WV)
Cassidy (R-LA)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Cotton (R-AR)
Cramer (R-ND)
Crapo (R-ID)
Cruz (R-TX)
Daines (R-MT)
Ernst (R-IA)
Fischer (R-NE)
Grassley (R-IA)
Hagerty (R-TN)
Hawley (R-MO)
Hoeven (R-ND)
Hyde-Smith (R-MS)
Johnson (R-WI)
Kennedy (R-LA)
Lankford (R-OK)
Lee (R-UT)
Lummis (R-WY)
Marshall (R-KS)
McConnell (R-KY)
Moran (R-KS)
Mullin (R-OK)
Paul (R-KY)
Ricketts (R-NE)
Risch (R-ID)
Romney (R-UT)
Rounds (R-SD)
Rubio (R-FL)
Schmitt (R-MO)
Scott (R-FL)
Thune (R-SD)
Tuberville (R-AL)
Vance (R-OH)
Wicker (R-MS)
Young (R-IN)

Not Voting - 3
Brown (D-OH)
Graham (R-SC)
Sullivan (R-AK)
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1743 on: February 09, 2023, 02:50:34 PM »

Senator Durbin filed cloture on Executive Calendar #7 Lindsay C. Jenkins to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Illinois.
Senator Durbin filed cloture on Executive Calendar #12 Matthew L. Garcia to be United States District Judge for the District of New Mexico.
Senator Durbin filed cloture on Executive Calendar #15 Adrienne C. Nelson to be United States District Judge for the District of Oregon.

Benjamin confirmed 53-44:

NAYs ---44
Barrasso (R-WY)
Blackburn (R-TN)
Boozman (R-AR)
Braun (R-IN)
Britt (R-AL)
Budd (R-NC)
Capito (R-WV)
Cassidy (R-LA)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Cotton (R-AR)
Cramer (R-ND)
Crapo (R-ID)
Cruz (R-TX)
Daines (R-MT)
Ernst (R-IA)
Fischer (R-NE)
Grassley (R-IA)
Hagerty (R-TN)
Hawley (R-MO)
Hoeven (R-ND)
Hyde-Smith (R-MS)
Johnson (R-WI)
Kennedy (R-LA)
Lankford (R-OK)
Lee (R-UT)
Lummis (R-WY)
Marshall (R-KS)
McConnell (R-KY)
Moran (R-KS)
Mullin (R-OK)
Paul (R-KY)
Ricketts (R-NE)
Risch (R-ID)
Romney (R-UT)
Rounds (R-SD)
Rubio (R-FL)
Schmitt (R-MO)
Scott (R-FL)
Sullivan (R-AK)
Thune (R-SD)
Tuberville (R-AL)
Vance (R-OH)
Wicker (R-MS)
Young (R-IN)

Not Voting - 3
Coons (D-DE)
Fetterman (D-PA)
Schumer (D-NY)
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1744 on: February 09, 2023, 03:24:06 PM »

Chung (3rd Cir.) passes CLOTURE 52-46:

NAYs ---46
Barrasso (R-WY)
Blackburn (R-TN)
Boozman (R-AR)
Braun (R-IN)
Britt (R-AL)
Budd (R-NC)
Capito (R-WV)
Cassidy (R-LA)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Cotton (R-AR)
Cramer (R-ND)
Crapo (R-ID)
Cruz (R-TX)
Daines (R-MT)
Ernst (R-IA)
Fischer (R-NE)
Grassley (R-IA)
Hagerty (R-TN)
Hawley (R-MO)
Hoeven (R-ND)
Hyde-Smith (R-MS)
Johnson (R-WI)
Kennedy (R-LA)
Lankford (R-OK)
Lee (R-UT)
Lummis (R-WY)
Marshall (R-KS)
McConnell (R-KY)
Moran (R-KS)
Mullin (R-OK)
Paul (R-KY)
Ricketts (R-NE)
Risch (R-ID)
Romney (R-UT)
Rounds (R-SD)
Rubio (R-FL)
Schmitt (R-MO)
Scott (R-FL)
Scott (R-SC)
Sullivan (R-AK)
Thune (R-SD)
Tillis (R-NC)
Tuberville (R-AL)
Vance (R-OH)
Wicker (R-MS)
Young (R-IN)

Not Voting - 2
Fetterman (D-PA)
Schumer (D-NY)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1745 on: February 12, 2023, 03:22:40 AM »

The Judiciary Committee reported 29 judicial nominations to the floor on Thursday, some having been waiting since late 2021 (like Dale Ho and Hernán Vera). The ball is now in Schumer's court. Biden will have his 30th circuit court judge confirmed this coming week, with six more ready for floor votes (no discharge votes needed). This is the new 51-49 Majority starting to get to work.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1746 on: February 13, 2023, 08:09:20 PM »

Chung confirmed 50-44:

NAYs ---44
Blackburn (R-TN)
Boozman (R-AR)
Braun (R-IN)
Britt (R-AL)
Budd (R-NC)
Capito (R-WV)
Cassidy (R-LA)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Cotton (R-AR)
Cramer (R-ND)
Crapo (R-ID)
Cruz (R-TX)
Daines (R-MT)
Ernst (R-IA)
Fischer (R-NE)
Grassley (R-IA)
Hagerty (R-TN)
Hawley (R-MO)
Hoeven (R-ND)
Hyde-Smith (R-MS)
Johnson (R-WI)
Kennedy (R-LA)
Lankford (R-OK)
Lee (R-UT)
Lummis (R-WY)
Marshall (R-KS)
McConnell (R-KY)
Moran (R-KS)
Mullin (R-OK)
Paul (R-KY)
Ricketts (R-NE)
Risch (R-ID)
Romney (R-UT)
Rounds (R-SD)
Rubio (R-FL)
Schmitt (R-MO)
Scott (R-FL)
Scott (R-SC)
Thune (R-SD)
Tillis (R-NC)
Tuberville (R-AL)
Vance (R-OH)
Wicker (R-MS)
Young (R-IN)

Not Voting - 6
Barrasso (R-WY)
Heinrich (D-NM)
Padilla (D-CA)
Sanders (I-VT)
Sullivan (R-AK)
Warnock (D-GA)

Mendez-Miro (D PR) passes CLOTURE 52-44:

NAYs ---44
Blackburn (R-TN)
Boozman (R-AR)
Braun (R-IN)
Britt (R-AL)
Budd (R-NC)
Capito (R-WV)
Cassidy (R-LA)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Cotton (R-AR)
Cramer (R-ND)
Crapo (R-ID)
Cruz (R-TX)
Daines (R-MT)
Ernst (R-IA)
Fischer (R-NE)
Grassley (R-IA)
Hagerty (R-TN)
Hawley (R-MO)
Hoeven (R-ND)
Hyde-Smith (R-MS)
Johnson (R-WI)
Kennedy (R-LA)
Lankford (R-OK)
Lee (R-UT)
Lummis (R-WY)
Marshall (R-KS)
McConnell (R-KY)
Moran (R-KS)
Mullin (R-OK)
Paul (R-KY)
Ricketts (R-NE)
Risch (R-ID)
Romney (R-UT)
Rounds (R-SD)
Rubio (R-FL)
Schmitt (R-MO)
Scott (R-FL)
Scott (R-SC)
Sullivan (R-AK)
Thune (R-SD)
Tillis (R-NC)
Tuberville (R-AL)
Vance (R-OH)
Young (R-IN)

Not Voting - 4
Barrasso (R-WY)
Fetterman (D-PA)
Heinrich (D-NM)
Padilla (D-CA)
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1747 on: February 13, 2023, 08:23:15 PM »

Leader Schumer filed cloture on Executive Calendar #10 Ana C. Reyes to be United States District Judge for the District of Columbia.
Leader Schumer filed cloture on Executive Calendar #11 Daniel J. Calabretta to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of California.
Leader Schumer filed cloture on Executive Calendar #1 Lester Martinez-Lopez to be an Assistant Secretary of Defense.
Leader Schumer filed cloture on Executive Calendar #6 Maria Araujo Kahn to be United States Circuit Judge for the Second Circuit.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1748 on: February 14, 2023, 02:52:08 PM »

Mendez-Miro confirmed 54-45:

NAYs ---45