Will Trump give a farewell address and what will it look like?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 12:25:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will Trump give a farewell address and what will it look like?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will Trump give a farewell address and what will it look like?  (Read 2508 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 09, 2021, 08:45:30 PM »

Boggles my mind just to think about the possibility.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 08:49:17 PM »

No, the hostage video he did, finally saying that he lost (but very, very unfairly) was his fair-well address.

I also want to take a moment to note that the further evidence that he planned for this well in advance, up until this point, including during his call to arms, he was speaking as though his Presidency would continue indefinitely, it was only after the coup was put down that he acknowledged (gun to his head effectively) that he was leaving office.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 08:50:42 PM »

He already delivered it - or, rather, what will go down in history as it - on Wednesday morning.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 08:56:54 PM »

No one wants to hear Trump anylonger
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 09:17:57 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2021, 09:29:05 PM by NY-22 Lincoln Project Voter for Brindisi »

That taped ”””concession””” video he made is the last time he will address the nation as President, and is the last time he will have done anything of consequence (as President). He is the lamest of ducks right now, and 50% of his own party wants him gone.
SInNYC

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 11:08:16 PM »

Well, it has to be longer than 140 characters now.
And if he does it will probably have to be bleeped for incitement by all major news networks.
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 12:55:26 AM »

Probably not. This crap has been playing out like a scene from the "Fuhrer bunker" for the last 2 months and I'll be as surprised as anyone if it changes now. We'll be lucky if we even get pre-recorded nonsense
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 12:57:23 AM »

„Farewell“ ?

LOL.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 01:07:01 AM »

How could he?  he's twitter-banned.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2021, 01:13:59 AM »

Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2021, 03:47:53 AM »

He'll sing "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina" from the balcony of the White House portico.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2021, 04:09:34 AM »

He'll sing "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina" from the balcony of the White House portico.

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2021, 11:40:19 AM »

Maybe he'll try to start a civil war with a speech at the Alamo at the same time he's being impeached in the House? (He'll be there Tuesday.)

I'm just brainstorming, but after he launched an attack on the Capitol to try and seize power so that he can keep hiding behind the Presidency (and failed), trying to get the United States to break up so that he can be President of the secessionist part seems like the sort of thing that comes next.

Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2021, 11:53:53 AM »

I won't doom, but nothing good will come out of a Trump public appearance in the next two weeks, least of all a public appearance in TX.
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2021, 12:07:25 PM »

Trump is going to... The Alamo??
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2021, 12:08:29 PM »

I won't doom, but nothing good will come out of a Trump public appearance in the next two weeks, least of all a public appearance in TX.

It could be his "Execute Order 66" moment.

"Proud Boys, if you listen to this... cross the rubicon. I repeat, cross the rubicon."
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2021, 12:10:38 PM »

He will give a fare-badly address.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2021, 12:22:54 PM »

He definitely will give a farewell address, but the content depends on how the next few days go:

- If he is sufficiently concerned about his own future, he will be putting together a low-key message which very few networks will carry and no one will care

- If he has decided to make the last stand at the Alamo (figuratively and literally), he will repeat his accusations about the election fraud and ask for his supporters not to forget him; again few will care but it may get him in more legal trouble

Either way, he will be history.  But the issue is NOT Trump himself but how the US could let itself be hijacked by a two-bit con artist and (more importantly) how to stop that from happening again WITHOUT sacrificing our civil liberties!
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2021, 12:30:33 PM »

He definitely will give a farewell address, but the content depends on how the next few days go:

- If he is sufficiently concerned about his own future, he will be putting together a low-key message which very few networks will carry and no one will care

- If he has decided to make the last stand at the Alamo (figuratively and literally), he will repeat his accusations about the election fraud and ask for his supporters not to forget him; again few will care but it may get him in more legal trouble

Either way, he will be history.  But the issue is NOT Trump himself but how the US could let itself be hijacked by a two-bit con artist and (more importantly) how to stop that from happening again WITHOUT sacrificing our civil liberties!

The highlighted part is so ... pussy ... I can't imagine Trump even making the effort for it.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2021, 08:26:37 PM »

To clarify, Trump will be in the city of Alamo, Texas, not at the Alamo. The city of Alamo is a border town in the RGV and he'll apparently be talking about THE WALL there. Blast from the past.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2021, 08:33:37 PM »

Maybe he'll try to start a civil war with a speech at the Alamo at the same time he's being impeached in the House? (He'll be there Tuesday.)

I'm just brainstorming, but after he launched an attack on the Capitol to try and seize power so that he can keep hiding behind the Presidency (and failed), trying to get the United States to break up so that he can be President of the secessionist part seems like the sort of thing that comes next.
Alamo, TX is a town in the lower Rio Grande Valley near San Juan and Pharr (i.e. PSJA ISD). He will be there to commemorate completion of 450 miles of border wall.

If you were brainstorming, the outlook is cloudy and the wind just rushed through one ear and out the other.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2021, 08:34:43 PM »

Alamo, TX is a town in the lower Rio Grande Valley near San Juan and Pharr (i.e. PSJA ISD). He will be there to commemorate completion of 450 miles of border wall.

If you were brainstorming, the outlook is cloudy and the wind just rushed through one ear and out the other.

It's an easy mistake to make. No need to insult Runeghost over it.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2021, 09:47:44 PM »

To clarify, Trump will be in the city of Alamo, Texas, not at the Alamo. The city of Alamo is a border town in the RGV and he'll apparently be talking about THE WALL there. Blast from the past.

I've noticed that the Wall fell most fell by the sidelines a while back, but he seems to have picked it up again as a sort of security blanket as everything has fallen apart for him.

And ty for the correction on the Alamo. I had no idea that there was the city and then the famous landmark of the same name. (And, after the Four Seasons, I wonder if Trump and his team do. Smiley)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2021, 10:04:42 PM »

I've noticed that the Wall fell most fell by the sidelines a while back, but he seems to have picked it up again as a sort of security blanket as everything has fallen apart for him.

And ty for the correction on the Alamo. I had no idea that there was the city and then the famous landmark of the same name. (And, after the Four Seasons, I wonder if Trump and his team do. Smiley)

Hopefully, Trump has been put on the no-fly list like the Capitol Hill terrorists and he'll have to do the event at an Alamo Rent-A-Car.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies