Arizona Republicans will censure Doug Ducey, Jeff Flake, Cindy McCain
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 06:19:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Arizona Republicans will censure Doug Ducey, Jeff Flake, Cindy McCain
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Arizona Republicans will censure Doug Ducey, Jeff Flake, Cindy McCain  (Read 4821 times)
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 09, 2021, 08:08:11 PM »

You can't make this stuff up.
Apparently Cindy McCain is an all-out villain, who committed such grievous penalties as:
- Being open about her struggle with a painkiller addiction
- Expressing support for gay marriage, which is apparently an affront to wholesome GOP values
- Standing by her husband, who was rightly criticised by Trump for being a bad person.
- Not supporting Trump's attacks on her late husband.
- Supporting "globalists", because apparently the AZ GOP is run entirely by antisemitic dogwhistlers.

Arizona Central Article:
https://eu.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/arizona/2021/01/09/maricopa-county-republican-committee-votes-censure-cindy-mccain/6609185002/

Tweet thread:
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1348043697204596736/photo/1
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 08:13:43 PM »

This is from the Maricopa County GOP, correct?   What is the process by which the state party decides whether to adopt it?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 08:14:56 PM »

This is from the Maricopa County GOP, correct?   What is the process by which the state party decides whether to adopt it?

The state party will vote on it later this month.  I have no doubt they'll pass it, since they've lost their collective mind ever since Kelli Ward became chairperson.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 08:19:19 PM »

As needlessly petty as this is, I think my larger question for those more acquainted with AZ politics is - if the AZ GOP is this far off the deep end, could Senator Kelly survive 2022?

I've been worried that he'd be one of the most vulnerable to a tea-party style wave, but if this is the tone adopted by the state party, is it possible that they run a nutcase, blowing the election in the same way that Sharon Angle and Christine "I'm not a witch" O'Donnell blew the NV and DE races in 2010?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 08:22:04 PM »

The Arizona GOP deserves to burn in flames
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 08:22:14 PM »

To be fair, being a high-profile endorser of the opposing party nominee in a state that was decided by just 0.31% undermines your claim to be a loyal Republican. It was justified, country first after all, but it's fair for Republicans to be annoyed if they have to support Trump themselves.
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 08:22:35 PM »

Apparently Cindy McCain is an all-out villain, who committed such grievous penalties as:
- Expressing support for gay marriage, which is apparently an affront to wholesome GOP values

- Standing by her husband, who was rightly criticised by Trump for being a bad person.
- Supporting "globalists", because apparently the AZ GOP is run entirely by antisemitic dogwhistlers.

Arizona Central Article:
https://eu.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/arizona/2021/01/09/maricopa-county-republican-committee-votes-censure-cindy-mccain/6609185002/

Tweet thread:

Those are things she's been doing for years, so why are they just now getting mad at her for it?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2021, 08:23:29 PM »

The Arizona GOP deserves to burn in flames
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2021, 08:23:53 PM »

As needlessly petty as this is, I think my larger question for those more acquainted with AZ politics is - if the AZ GOP is this far off the deep end, could Senator Kelly survive 2022?

I've been worried that he'd be one of the most vulnerable to a tea-party style wave, but if this is the tone adopted by the state party, is it possible that they run a nutcase, blowing the election in the same way that Sharon Angle and Christine "I'm not a witch" O'Donnell blew the NV and DE races in 2010?

I’m thinking 2022 is going to be different than a typical midterm year anyway and Kelly will probably be a strong incumbent. Ironically, Cindy McCain would have been one of the GOP’s best possible candidates if they were sane. Fortunately they are not.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2021, 08:24:03 PM »

Yes please keep attacking the McCains, I hope this carries out into the midterm. Maybe Kelly has a tiny chance
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2021, 08:24:12 PM »

To be fair, being a high-profile endorser of the opposing party nominee in a state that was decided by just 0.31% undermines your claim to be a loyal Republican. It was justified, country first after all, but it's fair for Republicans to be annoyed if they have to support Trump themselves.

Are they passing a resolution against Jeff Flake, who also endorsed Biden?

Or is this just misogyny + deranged hate boner for a dead man?
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2021, 08:24:58 PM »

Arizona Central Article:

Tweet thread:

Those are things she's been doing for years, so why are they just now getting mad at her for it?

Because they have nothing better to do and probably are lashing out at everyone and everything in the wake of Trump's defeat and this week's events.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2021, 08:25:21 PM »

I’m thinking 2022 is going to be different than a typical midterm year anyway and Kelly will probably be a strong incumbent. Ironically, Cindy McCain would have been one of the GOP’s best possible candidates if they were sane. Fortunately they are not.
You know what?
Usually I would be on the other end as a Doomercrat partisan (I still hate you bloomers) but I actually would feel compelled to agree about 2022.

I don’t think we will make gains, but I think Atlas will be underwhelmed by the losses in a couple of years.
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2021, 08:25:26 PM »

These people are still on that anti-gay marriage kick?  lol
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2021, 08:26:15 PM »

Yes please keep attacking the McCains, I hope this carries out into the midterm. Maybe Kelly has a tiny chance

It's abundantly clear the AZ GOP is giving up on being a statewide governing party and following its VA and CA counterparts into the wilderness.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2021, 08:29:18 PM »

Arizona Central Article:

Tweet thread:

They're mad about the election, so they are throwing the book at her.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2021, 08:29:23 PM »

This is why the people saying Trumpism is over are wrong.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2021, 08:29:43 PM »

This is so nutty.
I can not even believe that AZ Republican voters would even stand for this kind of comedic BS.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2021, 08:35:20 PM »

This is so nutty.
I can not even believe that AZ Republican voters would even stand for this kind of comedic BS.
AZ is ground zero for Songbird McCain, etc. conspiracy theorists.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2021, 08:36:40 PM »

I mean, you won’t find me shedding a tear for any of the McCain clan, but seriously?
Your people just attempted to overthrow the US government and you censure Cindy McCain?
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2021, 08:37:32 PM »

If I'm honest, I just want her and Kelly to cut a bunch of ads now, and use what's left of her political capital to burn the AZ GOP in 2022. If Kelly can eke out a win then, Sinema should have a decent run of things in 2024, and the Dem position in the Senate will look far less shaky.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2021, 08:38:49 PM »

This is why the people saying Trumpism is over are wrong.

This kind of Republican politics in Arizona long predates Trump.  But it used to have a countervailing force, represented by people like McCain, Flake and Kyl.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2021, 08:40:38 PM »

This is unreal.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2021, 09:04:29 PM »

Up there with Virginia as the craziest state GOP.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2021, 09:12:37 PM »

This is also the process by which the AZ drives the nose of the ship beneath the water.

The bunker, minoritarian outlook induces them to operate like they are under siege, and thus alienate the very people necessary to get back to a majority. This is what happened in Virginia and it is what will happen in GA and AZ.

It goes back to my post here: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=419859.msg7845941#msg7845941

Winning requires building an expansive coalition that by definition includes people that don't always vote for you. The American right has been conditioned to view these people as Democrats who should just vote for Democrats anyway, themselves as being a majority already and clearly if they other side won, "they must have stole it".

The American right is thus built as a masterpiece of self defeat.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies