SC-GOV 2022 Megathread: Cunningham IN (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:35:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  SC-GOV 2022 Megathread: Cunningham IN (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SC-GOV 2022 Megathread: Cunningham IN  (Read 7105 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: January 11, 2021, 02:30:25 AM »

You think he'll run? Dems have like under 2% chance of winning statewide, but Cunningham would be one of the strongest candidates, I think.

Maybe, but I don't think painting McMaster with the Trump tar brush will seal the deal. And if for some reason McMaster does somehow end up being sufficiently damaged goods as to lose the general election, there's always Haley. She's no longer term limited, so the only thing keeping Haley from seeking her old job back in 2022 is I don't see her running a primary challenge against McMaster unless it's clear to everyone that McMaster is likely to lose the general if he runs.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 10:23:45 PM »

You think he'll run? Dems have like under 2% chance of winning statewide, but Cunningham would be one of the strongest candidates, I think.

Maybe, but I don't think painting McMaster with the Trump tar brush will seal the deal. And if for some reason McMaster does somehow end up being sufficiently damaged goods as to lose the general election, there's always Haley. She's no longer term limited, so the only thing keeping Haley from seeking her old job back in 2022 is I don't see her running a primary challenge against McMaster unless it's clear to everyone that McMaster is likely to lose the general if he runs.

I don't see Haley running, especially if she's planning on running for president in 2024 (which seems more likely than not). I don't see her running for an office that she could potentially only be in for 2 years. She'll probably just endorse McMaster and campaign with him and call it a day.

She's smart enough to know that unless she gets a major financial backer then she won't be able to compete successfully for the nomination in 2024. She'll need to win at least one of Iowa or New Hampshire, because if she loses South Carolina, she's toast, and if her first victory is South Carolina, it'll just be dismissed as a favorite daughter victory signifying nothing. Even if she got the nomination, unless Biden is in serious trouble by 2023, 2024 is going to be a bad year for Republicans trying to take back the White House, so unless she wants to be the next Wendell Wilkie, I don't see her running in 2024 except as a running mate. Tim Scott has already indicated that if he runs in 2022, it would be his last term, but if he decides not to run again, Haley would be the obvious choice. (Another possibility is that Scott runs for and wins the Governor's office in 2026 and returns the favor Haley gave him back in 2012, by appointing her to his vacant Senate seat.)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 10:45:27 PM »

She would likely look better in shorts.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 07:06:35 PM »

I doubt that Cunningham can beat McMaster, but McMaster won't necessarily be the 2022 Republican nominee considering his age.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 01:11:50 AM »
« Edited: April 26, 2021, 01:16:31 AM by True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자) »

I doubt that Cunningham can beat McMaster, but McMaster won't necessarily be the 2022 Republican nominee considering his age.

Wikipedia says he has an announcement pending. Probably means nothing since it's from wikipedia, but could still give us an idea.

And I'm sure age won't be a major issue, remember Kay Ivey exists.

I fully expect McMaster to run, but age-related health issues could easily end his candidacy quite quickly. If that happens, the GOP will have to select someone else and quite quickly, which might provide the opening Cunningham will need.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies