Trump confirms he won't attend Biden's inauguration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:38:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump confirms he won't attend Biden's inauguration
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump confirms he won't attend Biden's inauguration  (Read 2063 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 08, 2021, 10:59:34 AM »

Good, traitors aren't welcome anyways.

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 11:00:42 AM »

He's too much of a wimp to attend. Not that he's wanted anyways.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 11:01:40 AM »

Well, there go all the theories about Trump being substituted at the last minute to be inaugurated!

(To be clear, I don't know if there are any such.  But it wouldn't surprise me.)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 11:03:42 AM »

Trump wouldn't be welcome at the inauguration, in any case. He will be treated as a pariah by the other former ex-Presidents and by the "elites" of Washington D.C. once he is out of office.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 11:07:45 AM »

Yes, he should already be in prison on January 20th
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 11:09:23 AM »

Well, there go all the theories about Trump being substituted at the last minute to be inaugurated!

(To be clear, I don't know if there are any such.  But it wouldn't surprise me.)

That wouldn't have any legal effect anyway; once the Congressional vote count is complete, the person elected becomes President at noon on January 20 automatically, and can be administered the oath of office by anyone with the legal capacity to hear oaths (Coolidge was sworn in by his father, a State of Vermont notary public!). The inauguration ceremonies are for the sake of ritual and tradition.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2021, 11:17:02 AM »

That wouldn't have any legal effect anyway; once the Congressional vote count is complete, the person elected becomes President at noon on January 20 automatically, and can be administered the oath of office by anyone with the legal capacity to hear oaths (Coolidge was sworn in by his father, a State of Vermont notary public!). The inauguration ceremonies are for the sake of ritual and tradition.

I know that and you know that.  But the MAGA crowd will believe anything, so it wouldn't surprise me if this was circulating there.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2021, 11:51:34 AM »

Part of me wants to see Trump at Biden's inauguration, if only to impress on him and the world the fact that he is no longer president. Neither he nor his supporters can lie, or dissemble, or fabricate stories about Biden having an invalid election if Trump is physically present during its proceedings. Moreover, Trump or his staffers/servants/Don Jr. won't be able to "change the channel" to OANN or RT through this.

Pence as a stand-in will not be sufficient, as the putschists already regard him as a traitor.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2021, 11:52:35 AM »

such a f-ing p*ssy. This is the MAGAstani's "strong leader"
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2021, 11:55:01 AM »
« Edited: January 08, 2021, 12:20:24 PM by Storebought »

This is Trump's way of convincing himself and his fraction that he is still the "real president". Don't let him get away with it: Trump and the world has to see it that he is not in office -- if Congress won't remove him or if his Cabinet doesn't invoke the 25th.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2021, 11:56:11 AM »

I might be the only one on Atlas, but I really wanted to see him go to the inauguration.  Some on the left seem to want to basically expel all Republicans from polite society, but that's never going to happen (nor should it).  We need to unify as a country.  I thought President Trump's video yesterday could have been a tiny start to that, had he not reversed course on that within hours.  Had Trump continued with tradition and attended Biden's inauguration, it would have symbolized to all but the most radical Trump supporters that it was time to move on and come together.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2021, 12:20:41 PM »

I might be the only one on Atlas, but I really wanted to see him go to the inauguration.  Some on the left seem to want to basically expel all Republicans from polite society, but that's never going to happen (nor should it).  We need to unify as a country.  I thought President Trump's video yesterday could have been a tiny start to that, had he not reversed course on that within hours.  Had Trump continued with tradition and attended Biden's inauguration, it would have symbolized to all but the most radical Trump supporters that it was time to move on and come together.

Which is of course why he would never have done so.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2021, 12:31:30 PM »

At this point, after all we have seen, how can anyone seriously entertain that Trump will ever do the right thing and stick with it?

This guy is glued into a celebrity world of quackery, con artistry and misinformation. You set him straight and then someone on twitter posts something and instantly he is back off the rails again.

There is no way to unify with Trump around because Trump will always undermine it for his own self interest and he will never accept this election result for more then a couple of minutes at a time.

If it were possible, then yes you would be right as would Fuzzy Bear in terms of the interest of unifying the country. That doesn't work with Trump though.

I would have loved for Trump to be at the inauguration, just like I would have loved for Trump to accept the election results, for him to have been a decent President, for him to rise to the occasion and lead the country through Covid, and of course for him to grow into the job as so many hoped and prayed he would. After five years, we have the answers to these hopes and prayers.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2021, 12:35:28 PM »

He’s such a little b!£ch
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2021, 12:38:57 PM »

Cornwallis was too chicken to surrender in person, too.

W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2021, 12:53:32 PM »

Makes sense, I think his parole board will rule him a flight risk.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2021, 12:55:55 PM »

D's didn't watch his inauguration, so it's a trade, he had the lowest viewership of his inauguration of any Prez
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2021, 12:57:18 PM »

brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2021, 01:14:53 PM »

If he actually wanted to "heal the country" like he said yesterday, then he'd go & accept Biden as his legitimate successor. Instead, this just tells his seditious supporters that the video last night was strictly for covering his ass & that he doesn't believe Biden is legitimate. It's a little funny because it just goes to show yet again how much of a little crybaby he is, but on the whole, it's objectively bad.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2021, 01:16:11 PM »

Maybe he doesn't want law enforcement to know his location when he's out of office so he can evade arrest.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2021, 01:16:22 PM »

I want him to attend because following precedent and tradition is meaningful and symbolic.

However, I’m not surprised that he’s being a whiny baby.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2021, 02:00:49 PM »

Well he ought to be imprisoned by that point anyway.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2021, 02:19:33 PM »

Loser.
SInNYC

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2021, 02:23:09 PM »

Maybe the baby Trump balloon can attend.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2021, 02:25:50 PM »

If I'm correct, the last time this happened was in 1869? Andrew Johnson didn't attend Grant's inauguration, and Grant made it clear Old Racist Andy wasn't welcome either. It's the same this time. Trump is not welcome at President Biden's inaugural. This moment can't come soon enough. I'm sure Uncle Joe will give one of his best speeches ever, if not the best.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies