Third term elections with no 22nd Amendment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:36:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Third term elections with no 22nd Amendment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Third term elections with no 22nd Amendment  (Read 1143 times)
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« on: January 09, 2021, 04:07:43 PM »

2016 with Obama running*:

2008 with Bush running (though I doubt he would):

2000 with Clinton running:

1988 with Reagan:

*=Accidentally gave ME 1 to Trump instead of 2.

I think Obama and Reagan could both lose to the right candidate, Obama had pretty lackluster approvals until the very end of his term and I don't think he'd have seen the improvement he saw if he were to run again. As for Reagan, he was noticeably frail at the end and I thus factored it in the result. Without the frailty, Reagan likely would've met or exceeded Bush's real life result against someone like Dukakis.

I think Bush would've declined even if he were able to run. He had a tough Presidency and he seemed pretty eager to go back to Texas. I just made a map for the hell of it.

Clinton would've beaten just about any potential Republican candidate, scandal or not. I think someone like McCain would've given him a genuine run for his money and made it close, but I think in the end Clinton would've eeked it out. Regardless, he'd have fared worse electorally than he did in 1992 or 1996, but ironically might've gotten 50+% of the popular vote, something he never did, with the absence of Perot.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies