DC Unrest Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:31:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 268781 times)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« on: January 06, 2021, 03:21:49 PM »

Impeach & Remove Trump.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 03:24:28 PM »

These people aren't going anywhere after the 20th. And this is not Trump's creation, it is the GOP's creation dating all the way back to Lincoln.

Impeach & remove Trump.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 03:27:01 PM »

Armed protesters have also taken over the Capitol buildings in GA and KS.

What did Laura Kelly do???
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 03:55:16 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2021, 04:01:48 PM by YE »

Hillary voters never stormed the capital. You’re too intelligent to post moronic drivel like this.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 04:20:56 PM »

All these terrorists are doing is making Biden and the democratic party more powerful. Serves them right.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 04:22:32 PM »

I think this video warrants me saying this for the third time: Impeach & Remove Donald Trump
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 04:31:00 PM »

I am literally crying because of this, how far it's come. I came from a country with no democratic standards. Others have fought and died for democracy and the rule of law and these terrorists are attempting are tearing it to shreds.

I would hug you if I could. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this trauma again
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 04:33:09 PM »

There always has to be room for redemption, otherwise there is no incentive to change. They can redeem themselves by vocally opposing the terrorist attempts and supporting the transition of power. to as many people as they can.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 04:34:49 PM »

Plus no building is no important than the Capitol. That's just sacred. You don't touch that.

It's great when the neolibs' masks slip just enough that you can plainly see that their true fidelity is to mere physical presentations of state power (i.e., literal buildings) and other physical objects, lol.  Power resides in people, not building.  If the U.S. Capitol ever becomes a symbol of a system of civil government that does not serve the best interests of the people, then it will deserve to be burned to the ground.

Like I said, if Joe Biden had any balls (like I wish he did), he would be declaring provisional government and martial law tonight.  Would he, if successful, destory the system of government that keeps Republicans artifically in power?  Probably yes, but that's the price that has to be paid to reconstitute our belief in a government that works for "the majority" (defined however the mob wishes.)  This isn't a Republican or Democrat thing, it's a matter of renewing our right to self-determination and refreshing the civil state (which really hasn't been seriously updated since the New Deal/WWII.)    

Scott, once again, captures my thoughts on today's happenings almost perfectly:

Quote from: Senator Scott🧨 link=topic=422360.msg7874637#msg7874637
The system is broken and it needs to be rebuilt from the ground-up. I don't care who sparks it, but this is actually a moment for the disenfranchised and the cynics on both the left and right to retake the country for ourselves.

The system is not broken. It's called democracy. You get to decide who gets in via the power of your vote. If people decide to elect bad people, that is their right to do so.

Just because your emotions are stronger than mine does not make them important. One person, one vote. We do not reward people who yell and scream and flail and shoot people up.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 04:36:44 PM »

Probably yes, but that's the price that has to be paid to reconstitute our belief in a government that works for "the majority" (defined however the mob wishes.)  

I can't believe I missed this.

I don't think this is what you intended, but what you're saying here is we should run our country via mob rule. That is pathetic and weak.

I pray to God that our country is never run by such feckless characters like you.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 04:39:20 PM »

Plus no building is no important than the Capitol. That's just sacred. You don't touch that.

It's great when the neolibs' masks slip just enough that you can plainly see that their true fidelity is to mere physical presentations of state power (i.e., literal buildings) and other physical objects, lol.  Power resides in people, not building.  If the U.S. Capitol ever becomes a symbol of a system of civil government that does not serve the best interests of the people, then it will deserve to be burned to the ground.

Like I said, if Joe Biden had any balls (like I wish he did), he would be declaring provisional government and martial law tonight.  Would he, if successful, destory the system of government that keeps Republicans artifically in power?  Probably yes, but that's the price that has to be paid to reconstitute our belief in a government that works for "the majority" (defined however the mob wishes.)  This isn't a Republican or Democrat thing, it's a matter of renewing our right to self-determination and refreshing the civil state (which really hasn't been seriously updated since the New Deal/WWII.)    

Quote from: Senator Scott link=topic=422360.msg7874637
The system is broken and it needs to be rebuilt from the ground-up. I don't care who sparks it, but this is actually a moment for the disenfranchised and the cynics on both the left and right to retake the country for ourselves.

Conservatives care a lot about property andsymbols too but the pearl clutching on CNN about the beloved building they used to work in definitely made me appreciate a little to see their meaningful little thing that means nothing to me at all get harmed just like mine did earlier this year. (Yet not even close to the same degree of damage.)

The building/property that you cared about should not have been damaged.

The US capitol should not be stormed by terrorists.

This isn't that hard.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 04:43:54 PM »

Quote from: Senator Scott🧨 link=topic=422360.msg7874637#msg7874637

The system is not broken. It's called democracy. You get to decide who gets in via the power of your vote. If people decide to elect bad people, that is their right to do so.

Just because your emotions are stronger than mine does not make them important. One person, one vote. We do not reward people who yell and scream and flail and shoot people up.

If it were actually democracy, Trump would not be president. But I agree — we need to impose democracy, no matter how much rural whites and the residents of former traitor states oppose it.  

Trump was elected fair and square. And now Biden has been elected.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2021, 04:55:21 PM »

Also, all the talking heads on CNN calling this a literal "insurrection" will get what they're asking for.  If you go too far in demonizing these protesters/rioters, then you will invariably create the very demons you're supposedly petrified by.  

Law enforcement has learned to deescalate situations for the sake of public safety (which appears to be what's going on at the moment); I only wish our news media had the same sense of civic responsibility.  

The true enemy of the people.  100%

Yes, we should not be shooting people if we can avoid it at all costs. The police is right to deescalate things here.

I will not deescalate my rhetoric. I believe they are terrorists who are trying to commit an insurrection, so I will use the words that I believe appropriately describe the situation. I will not be censored.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2021, 05:05:47 PM »

Also, all the talking heads on CNN calling this a literal "insurrection" will get what they're asking for.  If you go too far in demonizing these protesters/rioters, then you will invariably create the very demons you're supposedly petrified by.  

Law enforcement has learned to deescalate situations for the sake of public safety (which appears to be what's going on at the moment); I only wish our news media had the same sense of civic responsibility.  

The true enemy of the people.  100%
This is deranged, even for you. You are looking at this and what you are seeing is protesters being DEMONIZED? WTF man? Get a grip.

Literally the only thing that makes this any different than BLM riots/protesters is that the building is big and white with a pretty dome and columns and Yasss Kween Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters work there.  Occupying and damaging a police precinct building is literally no different that what is going on today.  Police power, the electoral college and Congress are all equally-legitimate manifestations of our civil government.  Its the same s[inks]t, yet the level of vitriol and pearl clutching going on are oceans apart.  

The capital of the United States is the most important physical symbol of the country by far.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2021, 05:20:56 PM »

Trump should not be impeached or removed from office. That would turn him into a martyr and further radicalized his supporters.

I disagree. Impeaching and removing President Trump would show that the US Government does not back down to terrorists. We punish them.

They wanted Trump to be President for life. Instead, he's shown the boot early.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2021, 05:22:50 PM »

Trump should not be impeached or removed from office. That would turn him into a martyr and further radicalized his supporters.

At this point, his supporters’ needs or wishes are irrelevant.

Trump is leaving office in 2 weeks. Removing him a few days early is not worth the cost.

I do think you are posting in good faith. It's a reasonable thing to be concerned about.

But what the hell is the point of impeachment if we don't practice it on someone who helped advocate for insurrection?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2021, 09:20:52 PM »

Has Romney spoken yet? I really want to hear his speech
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2021, 10:23:14 AM »

lmao, I’m not a small fry, I’m like 5’10 and 180 lbs of stockiness, and you can see Allred dwarfs me, Allred deffo would have won

[img width=465

Well Harris, you smarmy piece of s***, you and your ilk are Liars.

I would have paid big money to see former NFL player Allred smash Harris's face open like a rotten grapefruit with one punch on the house floor.

Encouraging violence is not the answer. You're better than this, Badger.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2021, 07:14:23 PM »

Remember, the White House inherited the @potus account. Trump used his personal account by choice.

Wouldn't he be caught as ban-evading if he used it?
He very probably would. Though obviously the root problem is Trump's behavior, not whichever account he uses. Trump's decision to use his personal account as his official one in practice, does say a ton of things about how he acts almost purely on basis of what helps himself.

It just boggles my mind when I hear some of his voters exalt him for his "protecting unborn right", "protecting the guns, "protecting faith."

It's fine if you, as a voter, want representatives and politicians who embody these protections.

But Donald Trump does not give a rat's a** about any of these things.  He only cares about what he's told to support and what's in it for him.  

Does it really matter if he gives a rat's ass about "protecting unborn right" and "protecting guns" or not? What matters is what he actually does. I think if his actions protect the right to life for unborn fetuses and the right to bear arms, that matters 100x more than what he personally thinks in his head.

Note: To be clear, I am pro-choice. I'm just not really interested in what a politician thinks in their head. What matters is what they actually do.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2021, 08:01:14 PM »

I have to say I'm pretty uncomfortable with Google / Apple play store removing Parler from their downloads (in Apple's case, threatening removal in 24 hours). I think these tech companies may be flexing their muscles too much here.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2021, 09:42:33 PM »

I have to say I'm pretty uncomfortable with Google / Apple play store removing Parler from their downloads (in Apple's case, threatening removal in 24 hours). I think these tech companies may be flexing their muscles too much here.

Free market. Let the rednecks learn to code and build their own platform to spout bullsh**t from. It's all feeding this conspiracy nonsense. They use out of context memes as "I'd die for this" evidence and I'm over it.

I'm not a huge fan of the free market, but even taking into account that bad faith argument: Google is a huge monopoly and has almost total control over their market. How the hell is anything supposed to compete with Apple or Google?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies