DC Unrest Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:51:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 269224 times)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 06, 2021, 02:54:05 PM »

Ya'll need to chill.  A small group of crazy people are running around the capitol but there's no need to start shooting people, JFC.  Its not even comparable to this June when we had whole neighborhoods going up in flames.  The people who break the law should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.  That does NOT mean opening fire on them.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 02:56:01 PM »

Ya'll need to chill.  A small group of crazy people are running around the capitol but there's no need to start shooting people, JFC.  Its not even comparable to this June when we had whole neighborhoods going up in flames.  The people who break the law should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.  That does NOT mean opening fire on them.

This is a half million people jeopardizing the safety of our nation's leaders. Nothing has approached this since the Civil War.

Lol, not even close.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 02:56:34 PM »

What's worse?

Storming a Target
Stroming Congress.

Pick one.

If they burn the capitol to the ground, as well as the surrounding neighborhood, you may have a point.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 03:00:12 PM »

In June I was saying that the business owners should be shooting the looters with chain guns. I'm not about to change tune now.

Where is the looting taking place?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 03:15:09 PM »

Laura Ingraham is mad.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 03:16:38 PM »

At the rioters.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 03:46:13 PM »

Saying again for people not to fall for the trap of demanding totalitarianism.

We will restore order and this coup will be swept aside, but it will and must not come at the cost of our common liberties.

We lost our liberties in March.

But, agreed.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 04:17:10 PM »

Fox News reported that Trump will be releasing a taped message in 10 minutes.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 04:42:30 PM »

Today was a bad day.  It doesn't have to get any worse than this though.  Prosecute the people who attacked our capitol and denounce the ringleaders (Trump, Cruz, Hawley, etc).  Painting every Trump supporter with a broad brush is going to accomplish nothing though except make you feel good.  We need to deescalate the situation.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 04:55:47 PM »

Oh I thought that was Joe and Kamala lol.  My B.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 05:10:53 PM »

Y'all probably already saw this but Rep. Cori Bush is calling for the expulsion of the "coup caucus"

Throwing out hundreds of elected representatives is a great way to turn this into an actual Civil War.  What a moron.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 05:12:10 PM »

Y'all probably already saw this but Rep. Cori Bush is calling for the expulsion of the "coup caucus"

Throwing out hundreds of elected representatives is a great way to turn this into an actual Civil War.  What a moron.
It’s happening either way

Its not.  Larper.  Most people are horrified by this.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2021, 05:25:33 PM »

Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2021, 07:37:33 PM »

In the end, democracy has prevailed.  This is not a Republican vs Democrat issue.  I don't know any Republicans who are OK with what happened today.  The people who tried to overthrow the government are disgusting and should be prosecuted.  They are not a reflection on the vast, vast majority of good lawful Americans who love their country.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2021, 07:42:53 PM »

In the end, democracy has prevailed.  This is not a Republican vs Democrat issue.  I don't know any Republicans who are OK with what happened today.  The people who tried to overthrow the government are disgusting and should be prosecuted.  They are not a reflection on the vast, vast majority of good lawful Americans who love their country.
I know, well know of, one.

Yes.  I'm just making the point that the vast majority of people - red, blue, black white - deplore violence and are horrified by what happened today.  This needs to be a moment of coming together.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2021, 08:01:20 PM »

Mitch McConnell is about to start speaking.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2021, 08:30:02 PM »

I watched Sarah Palin and all she was saying was that Trump appointed too many Never-Trumpers to his cabinet and they sabotaged his presidency, lol.  She wasn't criticizing the GOP in the way that the tweet implies.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2021, 09:05:24 PM »

There's no point in resigning now.  If Trump isn't going to be removed in the next two weeks, it would be best for those who are horrified by this to stay on and prevent him from doing something impulsive.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2021, 09:17:04 PM »

Now that the dust has settled, I hope we can all at least recognize that those calling for the police to fire on the protestors was absolutely insane.  They handled the situation absolutely appropriately and minimized the carnage.  The Congress is already back in session and it doesn't appear that there is any irreparable damage.  It could have been a LOT worse if people had let their emotions direct them.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2021, 09:18:14 PM »

Now that the dust has settled, I hope we can all at least recognize that those calling for the police to fire on the protestors was absolutely insane.  They handled the situation absolutely appropriately and minimized the carnage.  The Congress is already back in session and it doesn't appear that there is any irreparable damage.  It could have been a LOT worse if people had let their emotions direct them.

Nope!

Yeah.  You're gross.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies