DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:37:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 269297 times)
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: January 06, 2021, 05:08:37 PM »

These Trumpsters have no idea how much their antics are going to backfire on them...  

I hope the Republicans get f*****g nuked in the 2022 midterms after this. They need to get tossed deep into the wilderness and hopefully learn their lesson and return to those of us in normieville.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #801 on: January 06, 2021, 05:09:53 PM »

How about 240 Republican congressman who fought to eject to today's Electoral College certification? Every single thing Trump has said and done to incite this occurrence, every single one of those bastards similarly aided and abetted him to the nines.

Are you willing to go that extra step mr. Republican? Or are you too scared that maybe Democrats will pick up House Seats and raise your families taxes and possibly nominate Progressive judges to the federal bench? Cry

For as much s*** as I give you, you do have a decent, albeit in my opinion sometimes wavering, fundamental core as a person. There's some reprobates like Sanchez and fuzzy who are beyond help and will back the next Trump or the next authoritarian would like to throw out democracy if it means the Republican Party staying in power, even if they offer whenever tepid critique of this literal coup attempt they might. You however have a chance.

How about it, osr? You know full well that oh, for all the reasons you and I agree that Trump absolutely needs impeached over this, a majority of congressional Republicans fully aided and abetted him the whole way. And we're not talking about going after some mindless deplorable who happened to attend a trump Rally or do phone banking for his campaign. We're talking about elected members of the House and Senate.

Ready to impeach them too? Or are you indeed a republican first and an American second?
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #802 on: January 06, 2021, 05:10:06 PM »

Probably a naïve hope, but I really hope a slew of Republicans come forward and denounce this on a MUCH deeper level than the violence.  It HAS to be recognized that Donald Trump, in a position of almost unlimited power and influence, has literally encouraged this type of despicable behavior.  If I'm a Republican politician, I'm frankly no longer worried about the "Trumpist base" primarying me or whatever.  This is beyond the pale.  If you are worried about having to explain why you condemned THIS of all things in 2-4 years, you're insane.

I am worried. Trumpism is a cancer that has grown so big it is now indistinguishable from the party itself. How can you root out the evil when it is is pervasive?
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #803 on: January 06, 2021, 05:10:12 PM »

Y'all probably already saw this but Rep. Cori Bush is calling for the expulsion of the "coup caucus"

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #804 on: January 06, 2021, 05:10:20 PM »

You know what? Screw the GOP. Screw it until it gets it's act together.

No offence to good Republicans on here.

Screw it forever more like. Last indisputably great Republican president was literally the first, Lincoln. It’s been all downhill from there, and at exponential rates since Nixon and Reagan.

They deserve to go to the dustbin of history just like their predecessors the Federalists, Whigs, Know Nothings, etc.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #805 on: January 06, 2021, 05:10:53 PM »

Y'all probably already saw this but Rep. Cori Bush is calling for the expulsion of the "coup caucus"

Throwing out hundreds of elected representatives is a great way to turn this into an actual Civil War.  What a moron.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #806 on: January 06, 2021, 05:11:39 PM »

Throwing out hundreds of elected representatives is a great way to turn this into an actual Civil War.  What a moron.
It’s happening either way
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #807 on: January 06, 2021, 05:12:10 PM »

It’s happening either way

Its not.  Larper.  Most people are horrified by this.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #808 on: January 06, 2021, 05:12:18 PM »

Let's not lose sight of the big picture here, which is that Hillary Clinton deleted 33,000 emails. Where did they go? The truth must come out.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #809 on: January 06, 2021, 05:12:21 PM »

How many of these deranged crazies were/are normal, reasonable people before this?

Honestly, I have no idea.

Me too. That scares me because it could very well be my mother out there. I've never seen such a widespread dissonance between reality and fantasy as in the past two months.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #810 on: January 06, 2021, 05:12:30 PM »

Not sure if you have heard, amigo, but those representatives were attempting to throw out equally elected electoral votes. Also, not hundreds.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #811 on: January 06, 2021, 05:12:38 PM »

What happened today demands drastic consequences.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #812 on: January 06, 2021, 05:13:00 PM »

These Trumpsters have no idea how much their antics are going to backfire on them...  

I hope the Republicans get f*****g nuked in the 2022 midterms after this. They need to get tossed deep into the wilderness and hopefully learn their lesson and return to those of us in normieville.

That won't happen -- just look at how strongly the Democrats came back in the 1868 presidential election, despite having three (memory) southern states still under military government.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #813 on: January 06, 2021, 05:13:46 PM »

Um, how?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #814 on: January 06, 2021, 05:14:38 PM »

The GOP is effectively being divided between Lawful Evil (Pence, McConnell) and Chaotic Evil (Trump, Cruz) wings before our eyes.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #815 on: January 06, 2021, 05:14:41 PM »

Trump should be impeached tried for incitement to treason and executedfor this

Corrected.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #816 on: January 06, 2021, 05:15:00 PM »

Cell service is apparently not great around the Capitol right now, so there might be more happening than we can get videos of on social media.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #817 on: January 06, 2021, 05:15:13 PM »

They deserve it. But practically, it cannot and should not ever happen. Because it will lead to more strife and more pain, as the crazies will see nothing but the "radical left" persecuting true patriots or some garbage. And so those fools Cruz and Hawley who helped pry open this Pandora's Box of insanity will get off scot free and can adjust their public image accordingly after the fact.

It's horrible.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #818 on: January 06, 2021, 05:15:28 PM »

Um, how?

At this point, I'm willing to set aside chain of command issues.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #819 on: January 06, 2021, 05:15:32 PM »

Trolling from an Islamist dictator:

AndyHogan14

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -6.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #820 on: January 06, 2021, 05:16:35 PM »

Um, how?

The only way he would have that power would be if the 25th has been invoked...
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #821 on: January 06, 2021, 05:16:56 PM »

Let's not lose sight of the big picture here, which is that Hillary Clinton deleted 33,000 emails. Where did they go? The truth must come out.

Armed people taking over the House and Senate chambers during a constitutionally-mandated ceremony is problematic, but what about Hunter Biden's laptop?  We need to refocus the narrative towards that.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #822 on: January 06, 2021, 05:16:58 PM »

The GOP is effectively being divided between Lawful Evil (Pence, McConnell) and Chaotic Evil (Trump, Cruz) wings before our eyes.

Plus the Lawful Neutral splinter group (Romney).

Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #823 on: January 06, 2021, 05:17:01 PM »

OANN update: The host there just said "If you hear this from the DC protest, stay! You're getting your voice heard! Just do what the president says and stay peaceful."
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #824 on: January 06, 2021, 05:17:04 PM »

Um, how?

Might as well just invoke the 25th already
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 197  
« previous next »
Jump to: