DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:20:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 ... 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 269096 times)
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2650 on: January 07, 2021, 02:20:00 PM »

Let's hope an appropriately-scaled response is ready in advance, this time.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2651 on: January 07, 2021, 02:20:04 PM »

BREAKING: Bolsonaro justifies the terrorist attacks on the US capitol, says US election was a party in which people voted three, four times and even dead people were allowed to vote. Defends same discourse from Trump.

He also threatens Brazilian democracy: “If we have electronic voting in 2022, a similar thing will happen here. Electoral fraud exists.”

He wants a similar coup here and knows Brazilian electronic system is too safe, which is why he is bullying to a paper vote and using these threats. Because it’s easier to suppress the vote and control people’s choice that way.

Thing is, US voting isn’t electronic so his argument makes no sense since he is insisting US presidential elections were a fraud lmao. And they have the voting system he defends. These extremists and fascists are a joke.

Fascists tend to side with their fellow Fascists.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2652 on: January 07, 2021, 02:21:13 PM »

There is nothing brave about resigning days before the end. In fact, the brave thing to do right now would be to stay in office and resist Trump or get fired trying. If any Cabinet Secretary declares such an intention, I think they can be forgiven for their past support of Trump and be considered a true patriot.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2653 on: January 07, 2021, 02:22:10 PM »

Retired military veterans who seek to destroy the country they served are perhaps some of the most sickening people in this country.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2654 on: January 07, 2021, 02:22:58 PM »

Dead traitor #2 is Rosanne Boland of Kennesaw, GA who was apparently crushed to death during the breach of the Capitol

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-kennesaw-woman-killed-during-wednesdays-riot-at-us-capitol/TYFSPVSLWZCZHNCGRG56SNJAJA/?outputType=amp
rhg2052

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.78

« Reply #2655 on: January 07, 2021, 02:23:46 PM »

This is literally Al Qaeda rhetoric.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2656 on: January 07, 2021, 02:27:04 PM »

Trump has lost *checks notes* the Envoy to Northern Ireland.

Seriously though. It's incredibly how this is what it took to get Mulvaney, Trump's worst enabler for most of 2017-18 to flip.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that Mick Mulvaney has shown more class than Joe Wilson. Not because Mick is classy, but that Joe ain't.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2657 on: January 07, 2021, 02:29:57 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2658 on: January 07, 2021, 02:31:16 PM »

I guess she isn't going to do the 25th Amendment?

Coward. Doesn't want to expose her hubby to the political Fallout of having to take a stand for basic American principles of democracy.

Not leaving until Monday, leaves the option available if needed.

Is there any distinction between a member of the cabinet and an acting member of the cabinet as far as the 25th Amendment goes? I'm assuming there's no precedent on the matter, so you'd basically have to get everyone on board to make it as clear as possible before Trump inevitably tries to sue to stay in power.

The Amendments language specifically says the principal officers of the executive departments oh, so that would seem to include any acting secretaries.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2659 on: January 07, 2021, 02:31:50 PM »

Jacobin Magazine telling its readers to get out on the street
The Republican insurrection will fail. Long live the Republic!
It's Perro Sanxe wot won it
Mimoha
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.22

« Reply #2660 on: January 07, 2021, 02:31:59 PM »

This is literally Al Qaeda rhetoric.

More like Al Q-aeda
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2661 on: January 07, 2021, 02:32:31 PM »

Fascists tend to side with their fellow Fascists.
Does this idiot not understand that the Biden Administration will view him as a hostile power and retaliate accordingly?

A smart fascist would have done what Franco did in 1945, and quietly pivot to be on the right side of the war.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2662 on: January 07, 2021, 02:34:26 PM »

Remember when republicans kept going on about mob rule?  And then this mob shows up.

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2663 on: January 07, 2021, 02:34:34 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2021, 11:22:23 PM by We Made PA Blue Again! »

The House Sergeant-at-Arms has resigned.

Pelosi is also calling for the resignation of the US Capitol Police chief.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2664 on: January 07, 2021, 02:35:35 PM »

Yeah, thats the spirit. Exactly what our country needs right now: more wing nuts in the streets looking for trouble.

And in case anyone has missed it: WERE IN THE MIDDLE OF A PANDEMIC THAT HAS STEADILY GOTTEN WORSE. Thousands of people a day are dying. Get back inside, Trump is gone in 2 weeks.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #2665 on: January 07, 2021, 02:38:10 PM »

Yesterday was truly an unfortunate and appalling day. Trump needs to apologize and either resign or be removed. It is truly shameful and disappointing to see these events occur.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2666 on: January 07, 2021, 02:38:19 PM »

Yeah, thats the spirit. Exactly what our country needs right now: more wing nuts in the streets looking for trouble.

And in case anyone has missed it: WERE IN THE MIDDLE OF A PANDEMIC THAT HAS STEADILY GOTTEN WORSE. Thousands of people a day are dying. Get back inside, Trump is gone in 2 weeks.

If Biden supporters attend the the inauguration as is fully there right, they need to be armed and prepared to defend themselves from the proud boys thugs you have shown all too much empathy towards
omar04

« Reply #2667 on: January 07, 2021, 02:38:29 PM »

There is nothing brave about resigning days before the end. In fact, the brave thing to do right now would be to stay in office and resist Trump or get fired trying. If any Cabinet Secretary declares such an intention, I think they can be forgiven for their past support of Trump and be considered a true patriot.

Any Cabinet Secretary knew what they were getting into with Trump. They don't deserve any praise for jumping off the ship the minute before it sinks.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2668 on: January 07, 2021, 02:39:43 PM »

Yesterday was truly an unfortunate and appalling day. Trump needs to apologize and either resign or be removed. It is truly shameful and disappointing to see these events occur.

Trump never apologizes.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2669 on: January 07, 2021, 02:40:11 PM »

If Biden supporters attend the the inauguration as is fully there right, they need to be armed and prepared to defend themselves from the proud boys thugs you have shown all too much empathy towards

I have no sympathy for fascist thugs. Biden is holding a virtual inauguration. The DC police will be better mobilized to deal with Trumps people, if they show at all. If you want a civil war, keep calling for armed groups to take to the streets.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2670 on: January 07, 2021, 02:40:54 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2671 on: January 07, 2021, 02:41:19 PM »

The true enemy of the people:

Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #2672 on: January 07, 2021, 02:43:31 PM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mike-pence-was-livid-after-all-the-things-ive-done-for-trump-according-to-oklahoma-senator-who-spoke-with-the-vp/ar-BB1cyQEq?ocid=uxbndlbing

Vice President Mike Pence became uncharacteristically angry on Wednesday during the siege on the Capitol, according to Republican Sen. Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma.
"I've known Mike Pence forever," Inhofe told reporters on Capitol Hill Wednesday night. "I've never seen Pence as angry as he was today."
"I had a long conversation with him. He said, 'After all the things I've done for [Trump].'"
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2673 on: January 07, 2021, 02:46:02 PM »

Just horrifying.

Because some mod just deleted my post suggesting that members of this literal lynch-mob were worthy of death as "inappropriate", let me make it more clear. I sincerely wish that a good armed individual had been there to exercise their complete legal right of Defense of others and, considering the imminent  lethal threat  manifested by a Lynch Mob of 20  angry rioters beating this woman, mowed these people down, as the law permits.

They deserved to die for their actions, legally and morally.
omar04

« Reply #2674 on: January 07, 2021, 02:46:18 PM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mike-pence-was-livid-after-all-the-things-ive-done-for-trump-according-to-oklahoma-senator-who-spoke-with-the-vp/ar-BB1cyQEq?ocid=uxbndlbing

Vice President Mike Pence became uncharacteristically angry on Wednesday during the siege on the Capitol, according to Republican Sen. Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma.
"I've known Mike Pence forever," Inhofe told reporters on Capitol Hill Wednesday night. "I've never seen Pence as angry as he was today."
"I had a long conversation with him. He said, 'After all the things I've done for [Trump].'"

> Watches Trump cycle through officials like tissue paper for 4 years straight
> "How could Trump do this to me??" When it happens to him
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 ... 197  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies