DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 06:03:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 ... 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 274476 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2125 on: January 07, 2021, 12:00:44 AM »

This may not be the mood right now, but I do still feel some sympathy for the woman killed today and especially her family. QAnon is a predatory group that is targeted at people who are already not in a great place in their life or a great place mentally. I obviously don't support what she did today, but I really don't think we should be looking at her death as a "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" situation like we should Kelly Loeffler's life right now.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2126 on: January 07, 2021, 12:00:52 AM »

BTFO!!!
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2127 on: January 07, 2021, 12:01:33 AM »

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!
pantsaregood
United States

« Reply #2128 on: January 07, 2021, 12:02:52 AM »

Tune in to Ted Cruz's speech now if you have ever been curious about what it feels like to have someone piss down your back and tell you it's raining.

Where?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2129 on: January 07, 2021, 12:03:24 AM »

LMAO

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2130 on: January 07, 2021, 12:03:47 AM »

Can we not celebrate death of while a deranged person, still not an evil one?

She actively fought for this day to be the time when the so-called storm arose and Trump would be there by execute all his political opponents. We're talking about mass murder that this woman actively wanted to encourage.

what's with his white privilege bulsh**t calling her deranged? Yeah, she may have had a screw loose, but why do we not say that about other political or religious Fanatics like Isis who are always just plain evil?

She was evil. She wanted to see blood in the streets of people who didn't vote like her. She was a dangerous bloodthirsty horrible human being who would have seen dozens if not hundreds die tonight if she and her cohorts cook got away with it.

She can rot in hell for all I care. There, I said  it.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2131 on: January 07, 2021, 12:04:08 AM »

Very late thoughts on today's events—

All of this violence goes far over the line of what the United States of America stands for. This is not acceptable in a liberal democracy or in a party founded by a man who strove to bind up this nation's wounds. I think it is very clear, abundantly clear at this point, that the blame for this rests squarely on the shoulders of every last person who allowed a fact-free rightwing information bubble to fester; who pointed this loaded gun at the heart of our democracy; who knowingly pushed conspiracy theories in the face of all available evidence that put this entire nation in harm's way for no better reason than personal greed and ambition; and who prodded millions of people into losing their reason, their money, their sense of safety, their sanity, and – in Ashli Babbit's case – their lives over a tissue of lies.

This trickles down from the top. Trump has done nothing to contradict the general assessment that he is an embarrassment, an abdicator of his duty to this nation, and an active threat to national security. He is unfit to serve, and he should be impeached and removed or subjected to the 25th Amendment. If it took this to get Republican elected officials to agree with that assessment, let's keep exerting pressure on them to take action and make sure their eyes stay open.

And may our nation and its people be safe. Liberty and Union; now and forever; one and inseparable.
anthonyjg
anty1691

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -7.48

« Reply #2132 on: January 07, 2021, 12:04:40 AM »

This may not be the mood right now, but I do still feel some sympathy for the woman killed today and especially her family. QAnon is a predatory group that is targeted at people who are already not in a great place in their life or a great place mentally. I obviously don't support what she did today, but I really don't think we should be looking at her death as a "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" situation like we should Kelly Loeffler's life right now.

I agree. ISIS in particular comes to mind as a parallel for how seemingly normal people get sucked in. Terrorists are not "crazy" in the sense that their actions lack some semblance of "rationality." It's really rather sad.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2133 on: January 07, 2021, 12:04:47 AM »

Cops went HARD on the MAGAs tonight lmao

F***ed around ✅
Found out ✅

Blunt instruments are too good for them.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2134 on: January 07, 2021, 12:05:19 AM »

Tune in to Ted Cruz's speech now if you have ever been curious about what it feels like to have someone piss down your back and tell you it's raining.

I'm not curious about piss down my back and I'm definitely even less curious about whatever TF loser Ted Cruz has to say.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2135 on: January 07, 2021, 12:05:50 AM »

No sympathy for traitors.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2136 on: January 07, 2021, 12:06:13 AM »

How were Klobuchar and Davis given these roles? Just picked at random?
I believe it's Klobuchar because she is the Ranking member of the Senate Rules Committee. I don't know why Davis is there, he's not the ranking member of the House Rules Committee.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #2137 on: January 07, 2021, 12:06:32 AM »

Cuckold Cruz is a smarmy worm and always has been. His words are hollow and shallow.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #2138 on: January 07, 2021, 12:06:52 AM »

She actively fought for this day to be the time when the so-called storm arose and Trump would be there by execute all his political opponents. We're talking about mass murder that this woman actively wanted to encourage.

what's with his white privilege bulsh**t calling her deranged? Yeah, she may have had a screw loose, but why do we not say that about other political or religious Fanatics like Isis who are always just plain evil?

She was evil. She wanted to see blood in the streets of people who didn't vote like her. She was a dangerous bloodthirsty horrible human being who would have seen dozens if not hundreds die tonight if she and her cohorts cook got away with it.

In my use of language, I often use the word deranged for violent crazies regardless of background. I merely wanted to make the point that open celebration of an accidental violent death is not a good thing.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #2139 on: January 07, 2021, 12:06:56 AM »

Why is Nevada even in question?
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2140 on: January 07, 2021, 12:07:15 AM »

Mexicans.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2141 on: January 07, 2021, 12:07:54 AM »

They're literally challenging any state that was within 3 points (that Biden won of course).  
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #2142 on: January 07, 2021, 12:08:15 AM »

There are only two things I am willing to hear from Trump supporters right now.

1) "I am sorry. My vote aided and abetted an attempt at a fascist coup in the United States. I will now live the rest of my life attempting to atone for what I have done."

2) "I am clearly a terrible judge of character. Democrats, please educate me. How did you know the warning signs of Trump's narcissistic, dictatorial personality before I did? Before I ever cast another vote, I should learn how to watch for these things."

Anything else is either apologism, whataboutism, or genuine fascism.

I'm far past the point of empty apologises, disavowels, repudiations or anything. They had over 4 years to make a stand and they don't deserve a lifeline anymore

Not after casting doubt on the election results, certainly not after invading the Capitol and coming damn close to a siege on Congress
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #2143 on: January 07, 2021, 12:08:23 AM »

In my use of language, I often use the word deranged for violent crazies regardless of background. I merely wanted to make the point that open celebration of an accidental violent death is not a good thing.
Let’s just say that I wouldn’t be the first person to shed tears, if at all.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #2144 on: January 07, 2021, 12:08:27 AM »

“To protect the votes of Nevada and the other people of the United States,” apparently. (What that means, I couldn’t tell you.)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2145 on: January 07, 2021, 12:08:37 AM »

what state puts Biden over the top?  Vermont?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2146 on: January 07, 2021, 12:08:42 AM »

I guess maybe celebration shouldn't happen but one really shouldn't feel any empathy for this fool.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2147 on: January 07, 2021, 12:08:48 AM »

Very late thoughts on today's events—

All of this violence goes far over the line of what the United States of America stands for. This is not acceptable in a liberal democracy or in a party founded by a man who strove to bind up this nation's wounds. I think it is very clear, abundantly clear at this point, that the blame for this rests squarely on the shoulders of every last person who allowed a fact-free rightwing information bubble to fester; who pointed this loaded gun at the heart of our democracy; who knowingly pushed conspiracy theories in the face of all available evidence that put this entire nation in harm's way for no better reason than personal greed and ambition; and who prodded millions of people into losing their reason, their money, their sense of safety, their sanity, and – in Ashli Babbit's case – their lives over a tissue of lies.

This trickles down from the top. Trump has done nothing to contradict the general assessment that he is an embarrassment, an abdicator of his duty to this nation, and an active threat to national security. He is unfit to serve, and he should be impeached and removed or subjected to the 25th Amendment. If it took this to get Republican elected officials to agree with that assessment, let's keep exerting pressure on them to take action and make sure their eyes stay open.

And may our nation and its people be safe. Liberty and Union; now and forever; one and inseparable.

I really agree with your take on the QAnon circle. It's growing at a dangerous speed and has infected so many people on the right-wing. So much so, that a woman like her felt it was fine, despite her family at home and 14 year Air Force career, to die for a revolution that only exited within her mind. It is sad.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2148 on: January 07, 2021, 12:09:09 AM »

Everyone is going to get really pissed when Hawley objects to Pennsylvania.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2149 on: January 07, 2021, 12:09:15 AM »

It's one of the states Trump has complained about vote dumps.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 ... 197  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies