DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:09:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 269367 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1475 on: January 06, 2021, 08:19:16 PM »
« edited: January 06, 2021, 08:25:22 PM by TexasGurl »

She's trash.  Can NY gerrymander this worthless moron into oblivion?

Sadly her district is a pretty clear CoI.

Does NY have some anti-gerrymandering law or something?  I don't care if they have to slice up Albany and Westchester, they need to get that crazy  out of office.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1476 on: January 06, 2021, 08:19:23 PM »

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1477 on: January 06, 2021, 08:19:46 PM »

I've lost all respect for Stefanik. Ever since the impeachment hearings, she's been a Trump lackey.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1478 on: January 06, 2021, 08:20:33 PM »

When you've lost Sarah Palin...
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1479 on: January 06, 2021, 08:20:49 PM »

maybe now that the Trump thugs literally put their lives at risk, Democrats will finally hold them accountable.
?

It wasn’t Democrats that kept him in office after bribery and espionage. Or Democrats that let him pick 3 SCOTUS members

The Democrats were pathetic.  They should have arrested Bill Barr and Trump's other enablers when they didn't abide by subpoenas.  They have been cowards the last 4 years almost as much as Republicans have.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1480 on: January 06, 2021, 08:20:51 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2021, 08:26:34 PM by TexasGurl »

Sadly her district is a pretty clear CoI.

Does NY have some anti-gerrymandering law or something?  I don't care if they have to slice up Albany and Westchester, they need to get that crazy  out of office.

Let's avoid using sexist insults for women we don't like, please.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1481 on: January 06, 2021, 08:20:58 PM »

Lankford was the one speaking when putschists entered the capitol. And he was defending objection. I don't want to hear what he says.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #1482 on: January 06, 2021, 08:20:59 PM »

Honestly I don't care to nor condone attacking Republicans who are standing against Trump and his rioters. People like Mitch have done a lot of bad, but it isn't about that stuff right now. Its about the fundamentals of democracy. We should accept all the help we get in defending it.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1483 on: January 06, 2021, 08:22:07 PM »

Schumer called the terrorists today "thugs"

He also made a comment about "the current President" and said "undoubtedly our worst"
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1484 on: January 06, 2021, 08:22:15 PM »

Lankford was the one speaking when putschists entered the capitol. And he was defending objection. I don't want to hear what he says.
"The people of Oklahoma want their questions answered, but not what happened here today."

Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #1485 on: January 06, 2021, 08:22:20 PM »

It, indeed, puts things into perspective.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1486 on: January 06, 2021, 08:22:44 PM »

Yeah, and now he's complaining about the "mob" interrupting his attempt at a more orderly coup.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #1487 on: January 06, 2021, 08:22:53 PM »

Honestly I don't care to nor condone attacking Republicans who are standing against Trump and his rioters. People like Mitch have done a lot of bad, but it isn't about that stuff right now. Its about the fundamentals of democracy. We should accept all the help we get in defending it.
The fundamentals of democracy that him and his ilk keep undermining?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1488 on: January 06, 2021, 08:22:56 PM »

Wow. Is Lankford switching. Wow. Didn't see this coming. Guess he won't object.

I commend him.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1489 on: January 06, 2021, 08:23:53 PM »

If they're still objecting to the certificates, they are actively propagating the narrative that led to these events. When it comes to people like Romney, I agree.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1490 on: January 06, 2021, 08:24:02 PM »

I've lost all respect for Stefanik. Ever since the impeachment hearings, she's been a Trump lackey.

Crazy how she used to be a rising star with bipartisan appeal. Like so many others, she threw it all away and debased herself for a president who almost certainly doesn't know or care what her name is.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1491 on: January 06, 2021, 08:24:19 PM »

What losing to Conor Lamb does to you.

Sad!
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1492 on: January 06, 2021, 08:24:23 PM »

I don't know what's more frustrating: Hearing Pence & Mitch speak or folks actually feeling comfort them despite their culpability of today's actions.

Oh I fully acknowledge they are culpable but they still had some strong words that were refreshing to hear from Republicans of their position. It was extremely obvious they were pissed too, honestly felt like some of the most authentic things they’ve ever said.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1493 on: January 06, 2021, 08:24:43 PM »

maybe now that the Trump thugs literally put their lives at risk, Democrats will finally hold them accountable.
?

It wasn’t Democrats that kept him in office after bribery and espionage. Or Democrats that let him pick 3 SCOTUS members

The Democrats were pathetic.  They should have arrested Bill Barr and Trump's other enablers when they didn't abide by subpoenas.  They have been cowards the last 4 years almost as much as Republicans have.
So the thing about arresting Attorneys General is that all the cops work for them. I know, Capitol Police, but do you really think the FBI or US Marshalls are gonna let them detain the AG?
The only way I could see them doing something would be to get a federal court to issue a warrant and, especially given how completely captured the federal judiciary is, that would likely still be an ongoing process.

But the point is, Republicans have agency in this. They are the enablers and co-conspirators.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1494 on: January 06, 2021, 08:24:59 PM »

I'm so glad this scumbag lost to Conor Lamb.

Imagine a scenario when 434 House members are evacuated and Rick Saccone stays to welcome them into the chamber.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1495 on: January 06, 2021, 08:25:07 PM »

Tom Cotton calls for an end to objection, calls out Hawley, Cruz, Stefanik, and others who focused on blocking certification:

"It’s past time for the president to accept the results of the election, quit misleading the American people, and repudiate mob violence. And the senators and representatives who fanned the flames by encouraging the president and leading their supporters to believe that their objections could reverse the election results should withdraw those objections"
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1496 on: January 06, 2021, 08:25:36 PM »

Crazy how she used to be a rising star with bipartisan appeal. Like so many others, she threw it all away and debased herself for a president who almost certainly doesn't know or care what her name is.

Agreed. What happened today has made me much more reluctant to support any Republicans for office in the future.
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« Reply #1497 on: January 06, 2021, 08:25:47 PM »

Tom Cotton calls for an end to objection, calls out Hawley, Cruz, Stefanik, and others who focused on blocking certification:

"It’s past time for the president to accept the results of the election, quit misleading the American people, and repudiate mob violence. And the senators and representatives who fanned the flames by encouraging the president and leading their supporters to believe that their objections could reverse the election results should withdraw those objections"

Fr?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1498 on: January 06, 2021, 08:25:51 PM »

The fundamentals of democracy that him and his ilk keep undermining?

But he said sorry at the last minute.  Or well, not really "sorry" exactly but he said Trump mob bad.  So it's all even Steven now.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1499 on: January 06, 2021, 08:25:56 PM »

I mean, other than being a youngish woman, what exactly was this bipartisan appeal?
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 197  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies